Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-31-2007, 10:18 AM Reply   
I was out on the pit arm last night, Shasta Lake, and I saw either an 03 or 04 Malibu VLX blue and white. The core of the boat with the tribal graphics was blue and it had a titan tower. There was a guy wakeboarding and to me he looked like Alex Scagliotti(excuse me for butchering the spelling) or Mike Schwenne. Long dirty blond hair super nice and fricken bad ass on the wakeboard. He could give any outlaw rider a run for his money. I wanted to stop and compliment him on his riding but he took his run all the way up to their houseboat which was the gianormous TITAN out of Jones Valley. Any idea who this might be, I can pull a picture off my video camera maybe, but after today I don't plan on posting anything till Tuesday. It is a shot in the dark but I was just curious
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-31-2007, 12:21 PM Reply   
Steve,
Schwenne has a camp up there it could have been, Mike, Alex or Chris Dykmans (cause his hair needed to be cut like 4 months ago) they all rip. Chris teaches at Mike school up there.
al
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-31-2007, 12:22 PM Reply   
Steve, Alex is up in Washington filming this week so it wasen't him.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-31-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
Thanks fellas,

I don't think it was Chris, again who knows I have only seen pictures of all the guys mentioned on this post except for Alex, I have seen him ride at Villa Lagos
Old     (2waterbabies)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-31-2007, 2:39 PM Reply   
Hi Steve. Waylon rode with Chris a couple weeks ago when we camped there. If Waylon didn't reconize him then I would guess it wasn't Chris.
Old     (chris_williams)      Join Date: May 2007       08-31-2007, 3:00 PM Reply   
Is Stephan Kaplan still up in Shasta? He rips as good as anyone else but I haven't seen him in a comp in at least 6 years or a mag. He was doing pete roses, whirlys, front mobes back in the thruster days. Shaggy blonde last Ive seen two years ago.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-31-2007, 3:01 PM Reply   
Thats what I figured to, will see you guys on Saturday probably around noon. We can't drop off Emma till 10:00 and we will leave Redding there after. I will bring the check for the houseboat and call if you want me to bring anything else.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-03-2007, 5:46 PM Reply   
Chris just told me Mike was up there with them thursday nite but the boat you described doesn't sound familiar.

Allen, Chris is definitely rocking the grizzly adams look right now.