Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old    alanp            02-16-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
any word on the park? is it dead in the water
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-16-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
it is not dead, it passed the water authority, now it has to go up for the City Council.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-16-2008, 9:39 PM Reply   
I am praying for that park to go through. I am 2 hours from S.D... so my closest park is in texas.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-17-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
We really need one here in Cali.
Old     (bhileman)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-17-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
we are getting one here in mesa, so that isnt too bad of drive from sd.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-17-2008, 8:53 PM Reply   
Last I heard, the City Council vote should be sometime in March. It has a really good chance of passing. I will probably be calling tomorrow and see what the latest is, and will post what I find out.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-18-2008, 1:08 PM Reply   
Just talked to one of the organizers. Sounds like the City Council vote will be in late May/early June. The development company is working on getting everything together and planned ahead, so that things will move along once the vote is done. If all goes as planned, it should be up and running before next summer (fingers crossed).

Alan - Definatly not dead in the water. These things just take time.

For those not at the water board vote, there was a bunch of arguments on both sides (although the "against" arguments were pretty lame, and most of them were easily disputed). The water board vote was unanimous "for" the park. It is expected that the City Council will follow the water board vote.

I will post again if I hear more.

http://santeelakesboardpark.com/