Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-29-2008, 4:43 PM Reply   
My old neighbor is selling his boat, and I was just curious if it is priced right. His description is this

"2003 Ski Centurion, 22 foot V-drive Merc. Stalk center ballast, rear ballast added, hydraulic wake plate added, perfect pass added, 12" JL Audio W-7 with 1000 watt amp, 4 pair polk momo in towers cans, 4pair polk momos in the boat, huge amp, 2 batteries. Boat is yellow outside with checkers downt the side. Light gray and yellow interior, open bow, rap around couch. new prop, new belts, all liquids changed every 30 hours, oil, tranny, vdrive oil. very clean, matching dual axle trailer. Custom Cover, 160 hours."

I've been out on it a few times and he is very well kept. He cleans this thing literally after every use, I've help him. But I was just curious if it is priced right or what would be better for 30k?

thx
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-29-2008, 5:22 PM Reply   
Check the boats out on Boattrader.com, onlyinboards.com, and see for yourself, it will give you an idea what the market is asking for them.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-29-2008, 5:30 PM Reply   
Seems a little high for a five year old Centurion even though it sounds very well kept. You could pic up a five or six year old Super Air for about the same money.
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-29-2008, 6:43 PM Reply   
Which model is it? That actually is about right for an '03. Centurion makes a good product, I have an '02 Hurricane
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-30-2008, 9:35 AM Reply   
I too think it's a good deal on a well kept Vdrive with all those extras. If you like it pull the trigger I bet you never look back.

It would be tough to buy a SANTE for 30k that was even close. My buddy has an 02 with 750 hours and he could still get 30-32 for it.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-30-2008, 11:41 AM Reply   
There are a few Super's in the classifieds on this site right now for right around that price. Not to mention the CC wake is legendary and easy to build unlike some finiky Centurion models with "one side washed out" issues...
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-30-2008, 2:06 PM Reply   
Not to mention resale.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-30-2008, 3:57 PM Reply   
That sounds about right. Maybe a touch high (1K) but then again if its in good shape and you know the boat, that is worth alot. I would rather have the extra room of a 22' boat than the SAN. But thats just me. Also, how did that boat even get in the question?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-30-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
None of the SAN or SANTE's i found on this site are within 5 grand to me thats not all that close.
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-30-2008, 7:27 PM Reply   
im thinking its on the high side. i bet you could pick up a boat about 3 to 4 years old for that price right now the way the market is.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-30-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
Hate, there's like four of em. U forget your contacts today?
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-31-2008, 11:44 AM Reply   
Seems like an average price to me, but if you know that it's pedigree is good, that should be worth something to you. Offer him something in the mid 20s and see what happens.