Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-24-2006, 12:13 PM Reply   
I see alot of people back there boat in when tying off on the shoreline and cant figure out why. The only thing i can think of is you can step in without getting wet. I just think it would be alot easier to damage you prop from parking this way. I dunno. please enlighten me.
Old    atom_ant            10-24-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
If it happens to be rough, or some rollers happen to come by, it breaks the waves better than the back of the boat so the anchor holds better and waves don't splash over the back.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-24-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
but that way the bow is taking the rollers that other boats are throwing, alot harder to swamp the boat from the bow then the back, anchor buddies are your best friend in this situation and are designed for this

www.anchorbuddy.com
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-24-2006, 12:40 PM Reply   
jonny, i bought an anchor buddy but I'm still not sure the best way to use it at lake mead. The shoreline at a lot of coves we go to drops off very quickly.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-24-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
The reason that I usually back in is too break the waves. Yet, I more or less moore (sp) it out there. THis way I can make sure that the prop and shaft wont hit and cause any damage.

My profile has a pic of it being done. Notice the rope off the front to keep it at the desired distance from shore. There is also another line from the beach to keep it from floating out.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-24-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
Also its a lot easier to climb onto the boats swim step than over the bow. If you use an anchor buddy you just pull it to shore and step off. At Lake Mead you gotta be careful because weather can come out of nowhere. Either you drop the anchor further out, eventually it will catch, just don't toss the whole shebang over cuz you might watch it disappear or use a static anchor line and burly anchor or tie directly to the houseboat. I watched our boat come ashore in a big wind, the anchor buddy just stretched way out. I think its good to keep a static anchor with you on big lakes. Once you get it hooked up on a good bite, you can reuse for days at a time and not worry about it coming loose.