Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (coz)      Join Date: May 2008       10-03-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
Just got word Paradise Watersports is closing shop....that f'n sucks....those BU guys treated me and my MC awesome...I'm gonna miss their outstanding service...I need to find a new place to take my boat in case I need service.
Old    mcbean7            10-03-2009, 11:03 AM Reply   
That sucks. The guys at Paradise were a good group. Thanks for the good service. Any idea who will be picking up Malibu?
Old     (coz)      Join Date: May 2008       10-03-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
I heard Action was. But I also heard that the 2 service guys were going to continue doing service...I just got this email.

(I just got word that there closing paradise watersports here in az. There service guys were just in here and told me. The 2 guys are going to keep the customer base and keep doing services etc.)

(There was only 2 service guys there. There going to branch out and keep doing it. I will get as much info as i can)
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-03-2009, 11:39 AM Reply   
I just can't believe that Paradise is no more after today.

Those guys have been awesome to me and the AWA for the past 10 years. The wakeboarding community owes them many thanks for all of their hard work and dedication to growing the sport of wakeboarding.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-03-2009, 11:44 AM Reply   
If you are happy with the quality of work the service guys do then contact them directly.
I did that and now the mechanic come directly to my house and does the work here for a lot less money.
Old     (do420jc)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-03-2009, 12:47 PM Reply   
The guys at Paradise know exactly what great service is. That's too bad. Good peoples.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-03-2009, 1:01 PM Reply   
Their mechanics were doing side work that is identical to what paradise offers before they even closed? Not to start drama, but that cant help revenues if your own employees are your competition.
regardless, this does suck. Best of luck to the owners and anyone else losing their jobs. Will be missed!
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-03-2009, 10:30 PM Reply   
This really sucks, Andy and Dustin are super cool, i got my gear there every year. Does anyone know whats going to happen to all the gear they had? Good luck to the Paradise Crew.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-04-2009, 11:07 AM Reply   
Wow, I'm floored over this. I think this was a horrible decision over the owner from the Paradise shop in Cali. Malibu did so much out here I thought. Those guys worked VERY hard and everyone valued their top notch customer satisfaction and professional work.

Sorry to hear about this guys. I hope you guys figure something out. I'm sure Steve will get enough side jobs if he goes mobile. I know I would call him before anyone else.

I would say Malibu is definitely the leader for the valley out here. This "closing shop" just makes me kringe!

Good luck guys!
~your buddy 5-0
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-04-2009, 11:14 AM Reply   
oh to answer your question Steve, I think they are getting rid of their gear at cost or already did in the last few days. They might be done, but not sure.
Old     (need2board)      Join Date: Jan 2002       10-05-2009, 8:11 AM Reply   
That sucks, I live here in Atlanta now and ran into Dustin @ the ASU/GA game and he didnt say anything.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-05-2009, 1:24 PM Reply   
Who is left in Arizona?
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-05-2009, 5:28 PM Reply   
action watersports, century marine, mastercraft, can't think of another one tho
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-05-2009, 6:04 PM Reply   
What is action watersports, what do they sell?
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-05-2009, 7:04 PM Reply   
Ryan, they sell Supra,Sanger and I heard there picking up Malibu.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-05-2009, 7:20 PM Reply   
yep
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-05-2009, 10:13 PM Reply   
Is that the place on broadway? For some reason I thought they closed too, good to know.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-06-2009, 10:34 AM Reply   
correct, they are on broadway: http://www.actionwatersportsaz.com/

Pretty nice setup they have over there so far (big lot). Robbie and those guys are working hard to get involved.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-06-2009, 7:08 PM Reply   
man, after walking in there today and seeing that place sucked to watch them pack that place up.

Come on Dustin, get your Malibu dealer started yourself. You know you guys have the customers already! :-) :-)
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-06-2009, 8:42 PM Reply   
Hey Coz, you can still have Steve do all of your work. Indmar is still going to let him do warranty work or anything someone needs from a certified Indmar mechanic. I'm sure lots of their previous customers are still going to work with Steve (and Phil) on the side since they got to know him very well and he's top notch. No panics yet, you can still have your favorite mechanics work on your boat. PM me on MC teamtalk or on here if you want to get a hold of him. :-)
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-07-2009, 6:54 AM Reply   
Total bummer on this one. I really meant to stop in on Sat and say goodbye to the shop but got sidetracked.

I'll miss stopping in every once in a while to get my spark plugs, water pump impellers, and on rare occasions...a new board/binding setup. ;)

Best of luck to all of the ex-Paradisers. And Steven is a great guy and a wonderful wrench. I could see some definite advantages to going with a mobile mechanic, sometimes its less than convenient to tow your boat across town on a workday.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-14-2009, 10:38 AM Reply   
Just got word from Steve, he is for sure opening up his own place for business and believe he is almost lined up with everything. He told me to give his number out to whoever needs it. So if you want steve to still do you work, PM me and I will email you his number. Indmar is still backing him which would include warranty related work as well as anyone without a warranty.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-14-2009, 10:41 AM Reply   
go to bakesonline.com until you can find someone local that has your parts. You can cross reference the spark plugs at autozone or checkers from the autolite 103's if you want. Napa has your inline fuel filters.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-14-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
Century can get all your parts, even for your Malibu. Better to support a local business than to use bakesonline...
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-14-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
better yet Sam, good call, that's why I said "until you can find someone local"

but really, nobody likes change and i'm sure action water sports has everything people need as well for their Malibu parts or can express order them. Whether boat owners like it or not, AWS, Century and Mastercraft of AZ, (and Steve whatever his new shop will be called) is the place to go for your parts, services, etc...