Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (fluffnstuff24)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-24-2006, 6:35 AM Reply   
Does anyone know of nice mirror brackets on the market right now. My boat has a 3" OD tower and I am having trouble finding one that will fit. Anyone know of any. I know there are more 3" towers out there, w/mirrors too.
Old     (boardr2d)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-26-2006, 9:48 PM Reply   
check out this mirror mount by Dbot5 fits any tower out of the box
Upload
Upload
Old    ct_audio            04-26-2006, 9:56 PM Reply   
I would look at lightning acc.they have several to choose from
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-26-2006, 10:23 PM Reply   
I'm not sure I'd want a mirror mount that requires a degree in engineering to operate. Man that thing looks complicated!

-Steve
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-27-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
Samson Sports.
Upload
Old     (boardr2d)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-27-2006, 1:06 PM Reply   
maybe you shouldnt own a boat if you cant figgure it out
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-27-2006, 1:09 PM Reply   
Wow, Dmitry is unfamiliar with jokes! Maybe you shouldn't own a boat if you have no sense of humor!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-27-2006, 3:42 PM Reply   
Personally, I think the new MC mirror mount is the cleanest, sleekest one out there which to me makes it the best looking. I just put one on my XLV and love the looks.

Just my $.02
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-27-2006, 4:17 PM Reply   
IMHO that Dbot5 is the fugliest mirror mount I have ever seen.
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-27-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
Gotta agree with CAR on that.....that looks horrible, and flimsy!
Old    debsxstar            04-27-2006, 5:35 PM Reply   
Does the new MC tower mirror it on the 02 Zeroflex tower and can it still fold down to put in the garage without hitting the mirror??
Old    dennisjensen            04-27-2006, 7:48 PM Reply   
Dmitry is that a Supra? It is crazy if that mirror mount fits that boat. Nothing does, the engineering on that is smart. It needs a little work cosmetically, maybe? I would have to see it on something besides that lame Supra tower. Do you have more photos?...however it is genious if it fits everything. I hate mirror mounts...they don't fit anything.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-28-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
Titan's Mirror Arm is the best design I've seen. The rotating mount is really cool, and it makes it possible to get the mirror level on just about any boat. The only downside is that it's only available in 1 7/8 and 2 1/4 inch sizes.

Jason
www.wakeside.com
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-28-2006, 9:32 AM Reply   
Around 04/05 MC made their mirror mounts detachable via a small aluminum knob. They sell mounts for all of their tower sizes and depending on the mounting location, will allow the folding of the tower for storage.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-28-2006, 9:37 AM Reply   
i have the skylon on my XLV, it looks prefect, nice and clean look!!
Old    dennisjensen            04-28-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
Hey Jason,

What boats does the Titan fit? It looks clean. I still have to say though that I feel mirror brackets are a waste, unless you by oem from factory. They never fit anything. I am I the only one with this issue??
Old     (trakkerguy)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-28-2006, 10:34 AM Reply   
Jason,

That does look nice. But functionally, isn't it the same as the Monster mirror arm? http://www.monstertower.com/accessory6.html
I couldn't tell from the picture.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-28-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
The Titan Mirror arm will fit any tower with a 1 7/8" or 2 1/4" tube. The beauty of Titan's Mirror Arm (and what makes it different from the Monster or any other out there), is the plastic bushing that mounts between the tower and the mirror arm. That bushing has a convex shape that matches the machined concave profile of the mirror arm. Those profiles allow you to rotate the mirror arm up to 30 degrees in any direction on the tower, so even if the tube is angled, you can get the mirror level (which is the problem on any Titan tower).

It's the only mirror setup like that on the market, and it really gives you the ultimate in adjustability.

Jason
www.wakeside.com
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-29-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
Danny,

Take a picture of the bracket to a machine shop and ask them what they'd charge to mill it out to 2 3/8. You only need to remove 3/16 of material. Probably cost $60 or so..
Old     (boardr2d)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-29-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
anyone hear of sarcasm yo? Hey dennis yeah it is a supra, i can try to get more pics on other towers and boats. One other thing is the mount comes with a mirror in one one package.
Old     (johnw)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-30-2006, 10:20 PM Reply   
Try Wakeair, I believe the website is wakeair.com. If that doesn't work it will at least get you close. They make the mirror mount brackets in a number of different sizes. Check their website.
Old    dennisjensen            05-04-2006, 10:53 PM Reply   
I just want a mirror bracket that fits. Everyones discussion on this board is about a mirror mount that might work. How about one that works. Just venting. I got burned on my mirror mount this year.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-05-2006, 9:37 PM Reply   
If you need a quick release so you can remove the mirror then check out http://www.monstertower.com/accessory6.html as mentioned above.

I spend a lot of time in our boat at night doing bar/dock hopping and getting the mirror out of the way is great at night or when were not pulling a rider.

I try hard not to "pitch our stuff" on the boards so sorry for the direct product mention, but it's been a "suprise hit" product for us and were getting great feedback.

I have the CIPA Extreme Mirror on my boat and I'd have to say I personally have mixed reviews. It is great to see the riders outside the wake but the thing is HUGE and takes up a lot of the visibility. I have not switched back to the M1C style CIPA mirror (which I grew up with) yet but have heard from several people who have.

Love to hear others thoughts on the CIPA Extreme mirror?

Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-06-2006, 2:49 AM Reply   
It's a good thing there aren't more tower-mirror manufacturers, because we would have to launch a 3-day festival in order for everyone to promote their favorite product...
Old     (fluffnstuff24)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-08-2006, 2:25 PM Reply   
So...The answer to my question I guess is "no, there are no 3" brackets on the market"...right?
Old     (wakeair1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-09-2006, 8:32 AM Reply   
Scott what kind of tower do you have? We have clamps up to 2 7/8"
Brian
Wakeair
1 877 Wakeair
Old    steezen            05-09-2006, 8:39 AM Reply   
That mirror mount is the steez from Dbot5. Who is Dbot5? Is it that Dmitry dude? Someone just posted it will fit the 3" tower on my MasterCraft section. Anyone have any information on them or have that mirror mount? It is not the standard boner mount you get.

Steve
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-09-2006, 12:03 PM Reply   
The Dbot5 mirror mount will fit a three inch tower diameter. You can check the website at dbot5.com.
Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       05-11-2006, 4:23 PM Reply   
Monster,

I like the extreme, the Comp is good for skiing with the quick turns and the shorter ropes you can ususally see the rider. BUt the extreme - however bigger - gives me the visibility outside the wake that i want.

Just my .02

Muji