Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-25-2005, 3:29 PM Reply   
Who's going labor day weekend? The LF guys will be there at Sterling marina on lake wallenpaupack in the poconos. Should be an awesome time. I'm stoked! (can I say that at my age?)
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-25-2005, 3:39 PM Reply   
Holy crap, Lake wallenpaupack. When we lived in PA that was our home lake. Good luck getting conditions with anything less than 3' rollers, espically on labor day weekend....
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-25-2005, 8:58 PM Reply   
haha my parents use to own lake front property their i guess i never noticed it would have been a perfect lake...can you still camp on the island?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-26-2005, 4:34 AM Reply   
Elias,

I don't know about camping on the island, but there are 4 campgrounds on the lake run by PP&L.
We're staying at Ledgewood campground at the south end of the lake.

Manzo- yeah, gotta get up early for good water, otherwise it's like a washing machine!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-29-2005, 5:36 AM Reply   
Am I the only one going???
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-29-2005, 7:59 AM Reply   
I would be going, but I have a wedding in Pittsburgh. I wish they were riding Friday, I'd be able to make that.
Old    tgunn230            08-29-2005, 1:06 PM Reply   
I will be going there saturday.
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-29-2005, 3:18 PM Reply   
I live on the lake and we were out for the Just Ride clinic last Wednesday and the water was good till 11, but then went to hell...And this was a Wednesday. Boarding on this lake on a weekend is tough...The best clinic I went to up here was Dave Briscoe because it was held on a private lake that was pure butter all day. I know a few guys who will be going, but I am out of town.
Old    mastercraft17            08-30-2005, 6:36 PM Reply   
I'll be going up to the lake on sunday with a couple of friends Njskier. I won't be bringing the boat up but if you want a couple more people to ride with give me a call. 908 892-8569 (We got gas money)
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-30-2005, 6:40 PM Reply   
Chris,

No boat? Why not?
I'll keep your number and see what time we can get together. What time sunday will you arrive and where are you staying?
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-31-2005, 4:16 AM Reply   
I guess I should try to get a better time than 12:00 if I want to take a lesson. Three foot rollers dosn't sound like much fun, but I'm still going to have a good time anyway. What time are you going to put your boat in Dave? I'll make sure I show up earley just in case a spot opens up.

Whats going on Roy? The transom remote dried up just like you said, but the front MLS still fills up on it's own. I was thinking of putting a shut off valve right on the tank. what do you think?

Brian
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-31-2005, 4:57 AM Reply   
Brian,
There should already be a valve on the fill pump. That would be the best bet, but I would follow that hose as well and make sure it is well above the waterline. Are you bringing your boat up? I am hopeing to get back in time to get out and head over to the party island, so I may see you there.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-31-2005, 1:03 PM Reply   
Woody,

My boat should be in the water at Ledgedale early friday afternoon. I hope to ride sat. morning with a friend who has a Tige up there.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-31-2005, 1:30 PM Reply   
Take lots of pics, i wish I could be there.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-31-2005, 3:11 PM Reply   
Roy, everything I read online said the same thing about the valve already being there and I cant find it. I took a picture of the tank and if you could show me where the valve is that would be cool. No, I won't be bringing the boat with me since I have a chance to ride behind an X-Star and maybe catch a ride from Dave (unless you want to take me out in a new VLX).Thanks Roy.

Brian
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-31-2005, 3:23 PM Reply   
Brian,
Valve is back by the motor under the fill pump for the tank...Hit the fill pump and follow the sound to it and you will see the valve (blue or yellow handle). My vlx is out, but depending on the weather I will be putting it back in and may head to the party cove. If I see you you can have a ride anytime. I tried to e-mail you for the Just Ride clinic but kept getting my messages sent back. Gerry brought his loaded lsv for it and it was really sweet. I may actually order up a 23 for myself if I decide to sell my boat.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-01-2005, 2:59 PM Reply   
I should have known to look back there for the valve. Thanks Roy.

Maybe I'll see you there.

Brian