Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    qfirefighter            01-25-2005, 6:16 AM Reply   
Having Problems finding a good place for my sub (Kicker 10" S10L54) in my 2000 Pro-star 195.Under back seat only has 8" from floor to bottom of seat.In front of Drivers set, will be hard to get to fuses. What will that do to the driver at high volumes. Don't want to have to cut interior of Boat Or what about the Bazooka SM10A-HP-10 150W Marine Akplified Tube Sub.Will fit under back seat. Anyone heard these. any help Please!!!! Thank's
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-25-2005, 1:42 PM Reply   
Dont recommend Bazooka. You will get much better sound from a seperate woofer & amp. I have a 01 X-Star and it came with a 10 cut into a composite divider under the drivers dash. I upgraded it to a 12. I'm not sure if the Pro-Star has this same divider or not but its a great place to put a sub
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-25-2005, 1:45 PM Reply   
I have 2 12" MTX subs under my drivers seat in our '01 Star. Have not had any problems reaching fuses.
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-25-2005, 4:48 PM Reply   
Hey Paul or Kristian, did you guys build an enclosure for your subs or just mount it to the kick panel?. I have an '00 X-Star, and I'm looking to replace the stock 10" sub. The stock sub just sounds horrible with no enclosure behind it. If you did build an enclosure and still have your plans or diagrams, please let me know. I've been trying to figure out a soluction for this.

Thanks
Old    qfirefighter            01-25-2005, 4:50 PM Reply   
Paul, Have any Pic's of your sub set-up. do you have them in a enclosure. should work for me too then. What's the model # on the MTX subs and what amp are you using.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-28-2005, 2:11 PM Reply   
pureliquid - The sub is mounted in a box attached to the kickplate. When I had the 10 the box was behind the kickplate. The 12 needed more space so I added a front extension about 4 inchs off the front which the sub is now mounted to. Just covered it with carpet and it looks factory.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-31-2005, 8:13 AM Reply   
I don't have pics, but they are mounted off center of each other in a specially made box. The box sits on two 2x2 plastic boards to keep it off the floor and away from water. The perfect pass box is mounted to the front right of the box. I am not sure of the model #s, but they are the 600watt subs. I bought the boat with the stuff already installed, but I had to add another amp. I put an xplode 720(I think) in it to push both subs. It does ok, but I need to spend some more cash and get a better amp. If it warms up here, I will try to get out and take some pics of it.
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-31-2005, 11:55 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info guys. If you guys do have a chance to post some pics, that would be great.