Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-20-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
So my little bro got into wakeboarding this summer, he can do 1 wake jumps and his form was coming along nicely, he wants to get a pro model board.

question one, should he wait to a certine point in his riding to do this, or will it be benefitial now?

2 I think he would really enjoy a board that is forgiving, and possibly has the variable edges, so he doesn't eat as much s*** as we all did when we learned, and I think eating it hard will be particularly discouraging to him. And I think a continuous rocker might help him develope proper technique (I may be totally wrong, please tell me if I am) And, what other features of a board are good for beginers? So then the infamouse question.... please recomend a board.

3. please excuse my bad spelling
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-20-2007, 9:20 AM Reply   
what's his height, and weight... There are a ton of good boards, but size is definitely one deciding factor
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-20-2007, 9:29 AM Reply   
Most boards on the market can be ridden at any level. There's really aren't many boards that are horrible for beginners or pros for that matter. He should probably demo a few to see what he likes. My favorite pro models that were also great for teaching beginners were the CWB Absolute, Pure, Kink, and the new Transcend. These boards also ride loose so that he can practice surface spins without catching fins. I would avoid boards with too much fin and too much rocker (3"+), but that's just my opinion.

I'm most familiar with the CWB line, but I know the Hyperlite Motive and Era are also great "all around" boards.
Old    alanp            04-20-2007, 9:58 AM Reply   
i would hold out on a deep 3 stage rocker board personally. the pop can be unpredictable for new riders. as suggested the era is a great board which has some "advanced" features but can still be ridden by most anyone. im sure the others mentioned are fine too im just not familiar with cwb product
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-20-2007, 10:45 AM Reply   
Ahh, the size, that is kinda intresting, i think he is like a good 6'5" ish and 150-160 this kid is a stick. but he's cool

I was kinda thinking something like the marius..or lf team, or ronix covin
Old    innov8actionsports.com            04-20-2007, 10:55 AM Reply   
Have him demo an 07 CWB Faction 138cm. Great Great board.

http://www.cwbwakeboards.com/2007/index.php?mod=boards_detail&id_prd=10&id_hed=5
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-21-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
Even though board size is more determined by weight, I would still consider boards that are 140 cm and up for him due to his height. I am 6'4" and I like a wide stance so the boards I have been most comfortable on have been longer. The binding insets on these boards are a little further apart allowing for a wider stance. Something to consider when purchasing.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-21-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
"Most boards on the market can be ridden at any level" J-Rod are you forgetting about the Parks That board has a mind of it's own.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-21-2007, 10:13 AM Reply   
Randy, LOL, Chris rode the original Parks for about half a season. I still laugh when I think about the "moon launch" he'd get when he got the POP just right!