Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (nhu1978)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-17-2007, 9:53 PM Reply   
My husband's looking for a new vest. We were debating on the O'neil "Law" or Jet Pilot " Cell block." What's the best mens CGA vest out in the market today and why? Thanks in advance.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-17-2007, 9:58 PM Reply   
I don't know about the O'Neil, but I've been using the Cell Block for the last couple of years and it's worked out great.
Old    kidrik            04-17-2007, 10:07 PM Reply   
I can't give you a comparison, however, I can say that the law has worked great for me. I feel it's one of the least "bulky" CGA vests that I've checked out. Very comfy.
Again, there will be plenty of options, so try and go with what works, and fits best, for you....or your husband.

I gotta say, I hate the name......cuz I'm always trying to keep "the law" OFF my back.. I know, that was weak......but how bout a courtesy laugh?
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-18-2007, 5:21 AM Reply   
I have the "Law" as well, and I love it. Very comfortable. It does not inhibit your range of motion. (My gut does, though.)
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-18-2007, 6:13 AM Reply   
I found the Cell Block to be too bulky on me, hardly fair to see since I ride the Side Entry Stance Molded vest (NCGA). Although, before switching to my 'tred-water vest' I had the (CGA) Jetpilot side entry and it felt amazing.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-18-2007, 6:56 AM Reply   
One thing I can tell you about the cell block is it seems to run big. I have heard others on here post the same. If at all possible try it on first, wish I would have gotten one size smaller.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-18-2007, 9:06 AM Reply   
I love my 06 helium cga swat
Old     (tahoeguy7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-18-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
Bob T is right. I am 6', 205 pounds and I had to get a medium Cell Block. The large was just too big.
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-18-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   
I am 5'8" 150 and rode a small O'neill law untill some dumb fisherman picked it up on his way off the lake. Then I bought a JP cell block to replace it, figure I'd try something new out, I wish I had gone with the O'neill law agin, all of the bulk in the cell is around the mid section, and it is pretty restrictive, wherase the oneill law, even though it fit me tighter was less restrictive, i belive because they spread some of the bulk out in the shoulder straps, but I felt like I had total range of motion in my O'neill and given the chioce I would go with O'neill again, I do love their products.
Old     (monroeyd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-18-2007, 5:26 PM Reply   
What about the agent by hype? Never rode with it. Tried it on though and thought it was pretty compact for a cga vest. Debating on getting that or the gooru. Not sure if I want another comp vest as I have the a-10. I really like the pullover design tho. Can't really help on the cga vests. I have only worn the hype indy and it's kinda bulky.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-18-2007, 5:33 PM Reply   
I picked up a closeout cell block for cheap and if feels great for a CGA, but haven't had the chance to try it out in the water yet...