Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-16-2013, 12:45 PM Reply   
Can anyone give me any information on riding the Brazos around Waco,Tx? We are considering taking a trip to BSR and taking the boat to ride the river too. Any help would be appreciated.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-16-2013, 1:32 PM Reply   
Not sure about the part of the Brazos near Waco but the part of the Brazos near Granbury is currently to low to get on (not sure if that's an indicator). I would recommend Lake Belton if the Brazos is a no-go. Its about 45 minutes from Waco and is a sweet lake. Should be able to find good riding spots this time of year as well...
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-16-2013, 1:35 PM Reply   
There is a boat ramp off if Lake Brazos Parkway from there north is the better part of the river. Check your water levels not sure what that looks like right now. Also they just implemented a no wake zone some where to the south of that ramp because of some wakeboats harrasing a family in rented conoes.
Old     (CTXxRoss)      Join Date: Apr 2013       05-02-2013, 7:50 PM Reply   
Do you know where MCC is off of Lakeshore Parkway?? There is a boat ramp down in there that is public use and the river is good most of the time through there. Back towards Camron Park area
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-03-2013, 7:33 AM Reply   
I've been on it twice there in Waco. The river is so narrow in most places you can't turn around with a rider in tow and passes are pretty short so IMO it gets old having to let go and turn around to go back the other direction. I've wondered why I've never seen any wakeboats down on the Baylor end of the river. Seems that is easily the widest part.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       06-24-2014, 6:12 PM Reply   
Any word on the current level of the Brazos? I know Whitney came up some with the recent rain...
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-24-2014, 7:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by you_da_man View Post
I've been on it twice there in Waco. The river is so narrow in most places you can't turn around with a rider in tow and passes are pretty short so IMO it gets old having to let go and turn around to go back the other direction. I've wondered why I've never seen any wakeboats down on the Baylor end of the river. Seems that is easily the widest part.
You can't turn around but we were going around 15-20 min up river, however far that is, so not really short passes. Water level is full down by Waco. Def worth checking out. You can also rent a G from BSR and they'll take you out if you don't wanna tow.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-25-2014, 6:01 AM Reply   
its full of alligators and large under water obstructions
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       06-25-2014, 6:27 AM Reply   
Tony- Are you referring to the portion north of Whitney?

Bill- Yeah I definitely wouldn't take a trip there... way to dangerous!
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-25-2014, 8:51 AM Reply   
North of Whitney still low, lots of gators in Waco.