Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kellen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-12-2013, 9:02 AM Reply   
What up guys,

I have spoken with a few people who have the same issue as I have been having with the rear of their boat trailer scraping the drive way ect. below are a few pics of my issue and what I did to fix it. I had a buddy build these for me and I think they cost about $60 for him to make for me. If anyone is interested in something like this I can point you in the right direction, shoot me an email.

wkboardin2000@yahoo.com

KP
Attached Images

Old     (bwood357)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-12-2013, 9:26 AM Reply   
those look good. what is the weight rating on the castors? i was looking at some on grainger website for $50 that were rated for 1500lbs.
Old     (kellen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-19-2013, 9:19 AM Reply   
I just purchased the casters from home depot, they have a 350 lb rating and they were about $5 each. The way I look at it is that they don't take all of the weight, it's just enough to relieve the trailer from scraping. The mounts are built to replace the casters with just 4 bolts when ever needed. They recommend using a steel wheel caster because of weight rating but they are expensive and they will probably scar up my drive way. I figure if I get a couple seasons out of the nylon cheepy's it's way worth it.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       03-19-2013, 10:00 AM Reply   
I used some UHMW bolted to the bottom of my prop guard. Slides well though will wear down over time and leaves some white marks behind, though much better than loud scraping metal damaging the pavement or prop guard. Cheap and easy so I don't mind replacing it every few years if need be.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-20-2013, 6:53 PM Reply   
I would have let the trailer drag and fixed the prop
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-20-2013, 7:47 PM Reply   
^^What he said...looks like he was using it for a wood chipper or stump grinder!!
Old     (kellen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-22-2013, 9:50 AM Reply   
hahahah!!! yeah, I got the boat for free... It needed a prop and a rudder and interrior. I fixed all that right after this picture. My issue wasn't that the trailer only dragged, my approach is so steep I couldn't even get the boat in because it would catch and stop. So it was hard to work on it when I couldn't move it.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-22-2013, 4:28 PM Reply   
you might try more drop at the hitch too if there is room.
mine drags, its a V/M like yours, I hit the driveways at an angle and that usually clears it.
hope the wheels hold up.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-23-2013, 7:25 AM Reply   
Check you trailer. On ours we hit sometimes had about 2 inches of clearance when flat and level. Our trailer at the axles are on splined cams. I just rotated them 7 clicks and now I have about 5 inches of clearance.