Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old    livelaughplay            12-28-2005, 5:28 PM Reply   
want to start, but could use a tutor, please help
the gators hold me back
would that be a problem, no board and no boat
hope that is no problem either
thanks
Old    livelaughplay            12-28-2005, 8:00 PM Reply   
Anyone?........................
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       12-28-2005, 9:22 PM Reply   
You may find it easier just asking if anyone needs thirds, but due to your age it *could* be harder for you to get some rides. Not trying to be rude at all, just giving you a heads up! Doesn't anyone at your school board?
Old    livelaughplay            12-29-2005, 9:04 AM Reply   
how do u know my age
anyways, thanks
not that i know of and i live by some wakeboarders, Ben and Jake, but they are always gone
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-29-2005, 11:32 AM Reply   
Your age is listed in your profile. Just click on the name at the top of each message to view forum member profiles.

I second Nicole's statement. I would have no problem brining the younger crowd on board, but I think I'd want a parent or legal age sibling on board too. I’m sure you’ll find someone near you that would be happy to help you learn. Again, like Nicole said try the “be a third find a third” forum, search the history too. What the heck, call a boat dealer and see if they can hook you up with a ride, (better get the parents involved on this one too).

Good luck and have fun.
Old     (melanie_g)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-29-2005, 12:16 PM Reply   
You live on Lake Hart, there are plenty of people out there to ride with! Your age does make it a challenge for you to hook up with people to ride with. Shaun Murray lives on the lake across from you and there are lots of younger riders on there, you could contact his camp and get lessons from him if you're looking to start out. Here's his link, www.theboardingschool.com But, his camp is a little further out.
Old    livelaughplay            12-30-2005, 6:38 PM Reply   
thanks
Old    livelaughplay            02-26-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
help me
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-26-2006, 4:52 PM Reply   
Here's another approach for you. Go online to USA Waterski and search for local organized ski clubs and join one. You're fortunate that you live in Florida; there are plenty of clubs in your state. Try this link: http://usawaterski.org/pages/clubs/clubs.asp

I found this club below near you on USA Waterski. Note this is a three event club, meaning they are hard core slalom, jump, and trick skiing, and not so much wakeboarding. However they should know the local water sports community. You should also get your parents involved in your search.

Upload
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-27-2006, 6:47 AM Reply   
Nicole, Have you been to OWC? There are a lot of skills that you can learn on the cable that tranfers to the boat. Advice is easy to get as there are plenty of people willing to help. I've taught quite a few people their first invert off a kicker at Odub.
Old     (ambie)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-12-2006, 7:56 PM Reply   
Nicole, i am at the wakeboard camp, you should come and ride here, we have everything you need and i can coach you if you like, when u book in just ask for me. Amber Wing
The Wakeboard Camp 352 394 8899
Old     (xtremebordgurl)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-13-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
melanies got some good advice, send shaun an e-mail, I'm sure he'd help you out if he can, his dad lives on lake hart too, and shaun usually does stuff with the neighborhood kids when he can. Go to the boarding school website and his e-mail addy is there. I think its Shaun@theboardingschool.com but I would double check just to be sure. Also you're not to far from OWC, if you can get one of your parents to take you there you can ride there all you want and they have rental boards. Being in orlando there are a lot of oaches and camps available to you, talk to your parents and see what they can do to help you out.