Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    whitechocolate            06-03-2004, 7:14 PM Reply   
Ok. My clarion XMD3 has how much RCA voltage ???? 1 to 3 volts max I doubt it even has 3 volts. I had a Rockford fosgate PA-2 4 band EQ it said it boosted RCA line voltage from 4 to 8 volts. It had a adjustment on the top side to adjust the voltage. I sold the P-A2 (bad idea) and installed a Eclipse 2010 7 band EQ thinking it would have the same RCA output voltage as my P-A2, "WRONG" it has 0 voltage boost so what you put in is what you get. And the 3 volts the XMD-3 might be putting out is not cutting it especially when I run the I-pod. My system has to be turned up so much to even start to get loud. Basically I have lost lots of volume. I have heard that some decks have a adjustable RCA line voltage adjustment??? Does anyone know if the XMD-3 does. Im going to start reading my manual word for word. If there is a way to increase the signal from the deck I would be a happy camper.
I have heard bad things "engine noise" about adjustable line driver's that would suposedley solve this problem, So I would like to stay away from them.

I traded the Eclipse eq back in a got a Earthquake 4000 PX ex/line driver EQ that says it has up to 12 volt RCA output it seems to have fixed low signal problem.

I just know the Aux imput im running my I pod threw has low voltage to start with and then when it goes threw the XMD-3 and to my eq its a week signal. If I could some how get that signal up I know I would gain so much more top end and then I could turn my gains back down. Any suguestions would be great.

Thanks G

Old    xtigeman            06-03-2004, 7:19 PM Reply   
Audio control DQX comes to mind. Didn't read everything word for word, but I am using these with McIntosh head units which have brillient SQ and these things do not diminish the SQ at all. They are true digital processors, have Linkwitz Riley crossovers and have a super high quality full digital eq. I think they produce up to a 7 volt signal, but the key is the signal is very low ohms. A bit pricey, but worth it.
Old    whitechocolate            06-03-2004, 9:05 PM Reply   
I just found on Page 15 of the Owners manual.

"Selecting AUX IN Sensitivity"
stock setting is on Mid and I changed it to Hi, this helped alot.

Doug. I saw the DQX yesterday. A awesome unit. It seems as if you need the Audio Control Four.1 EQ in-front or in conjunction with the DQX. So getting the DQX your just getting started, I would have loved to buy the Audio Control Four.1 EQ but it didnt have a sub volume or a Aux imput for my DVD, Thats why I ended up with the Earthquake EQ.

But the DQX looks like a great unit, How much $$ have you found it for. And If I got that unit I would need the digital remote also. All the installers raved about the DQX.
Old    hyperryd            06-03-2004, 9:24 PM Reply   
After all of the money you made off of Harold you should be able to buy two.j/k Look at the PPI DEQ-230 for a 30 band eq with 8V RMS output or the PAR-650 for 6V and 10V output from an indash parametric EQ. Just some options.
Old    xtigeman            06-03-2004, 9:30 PM Reply   
I don't use the 4.1. I also cannot recall how much I paid for the DQX. It was like $ 350 or $ 450. They were pretty much the same price everywhere as they had just come out at the time I made my purchase.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-04-2004, 11:12 AM Reply   
Grant,
the volume setting on your IPOD is the sensitivity input on the AUX of the Headunit.

This means you can control the volume of the system with jsut the IPOD if everything is set right!

I had this same issue over the weekend...to bad for me it blew 4 or my 6 tower speakers...but I finally have everything dialed in correctly now!

My comments on the RCA volt levels, yes they do produce nearly what the book says the unit does, but this is a variable ratio based on the volume setting. The highest volume of the unit should produce the greatest voltage. ALWAYS step-down the volume a few clicks and THEN adjust the gains on the EQ's then the amps. The Amps gains as a rule of thumb should only be set up to HALF the actual amount you can set them...after that your artificially trying to get more volume out of it than it is capable of.

Audio Control has a great "white-paper" on level adjusting and settings that is a great guide for other non-AC units as well. Check the website www.audiocontrol.com

KG
Old    xtigeman            06-04-2004, 2:05 PM Reply   
The new Audio control level inputs on thier new digital line are absolutely idiot proof. I love these things. You actually run he gains on your amps at the lowest setting and adjust per a digital light readout. Leaves a whole lot of head room, produces a strong noise free signal, and is easy to set. No guess work invilved.

I am sure alot of manufacturers will be copying these units soon.

(Message edited by xtigeman on June 04, 2004)
Old     (switch)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-08-2004, 9:44 PM Reply   
Grant, I used my stock deck in the SAN. I have only 2 output RCA's and I have 5 amps, I lost so much volts going though all the amps that I had to do something. The deck only has 1 or 2 volts coming out. I installed a line driver it made all the amps come to life. In fact I have the line driver turned all the way down, and the amps only half.
Old    whitechocolate            06-09-2004, 11:52 AM Reply   
Whirlybird: What kind of line driver did you end up getting???

and how many volts did your line driver end up putting out?
Old     (switch)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-09-2004, 7:05 PM Reply   
I'm usind a cheap one untill get my real one. The one that I have on order is by Pheonix Gold, PLD 1. The one that I am using is ok but I think the PG would be better. I have no why of telling you what voltage I ended up with, but I do know that the amps can handel 8 volts and I think the line driver goes up to 10 volts, that is why I have it turned down untill I get my PG... Let me tell you that it made all the amps come to life, a BIG difference...