Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-09-2012, 3:17 PM Reply   
My buddy has a 2001 Ski Nautique (19' 6") that has the "air" package from factory. It has a tower and an open bow, but no walkthrough, you have to climb over the windshield.

He wants to replace the factory guages that do not work, re-carpet, and re upholster the interior.

He showed me the quote, thinking it was a bit high, so I told him that I would post it here for him.

Description
Upholstery- Bottom Seat Skins (bow, rear, loveset) 980
Vinyl, Silver cloud 110
R&R Floor Carpet & Motor Box Carpet 750
Carpet - Silver Shores Eufala or Syntec Gun Metal 375
Glue, 5000 35
tach and speedo install 150
faria guage conversion kit 312
depth combo guage install - with relocation stereo remote 150
depth guage - faria 169
fuel guage repair 111
sending unit 89
acid wash, bottom 100
acid 5
tax 7.75% 76

total $3400

also, anyone on planetnautique that can copy/paste this for me, I would appreciate the help.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-09-2012, 3:26 PM Reply   
Looks about right actually
Old    9Drozd            02-09-2012, 3:57 PM Reply   
Just buy a new MB. Kidding aside, that sounds about right. The main expense is going to be labor. Just from looking, where is the labor factored in.

Edit: I see the install for all the gauges, but what about for the carpet and upholstery. Is that factored in.

Last edited by 9Drozd; 02-09-2012 at 4:04 PM. Reason: Over looked details
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-09-2012, 5:23 PM Reply   
mb... awe yes, no WW thread would be complete without pushing an MB, especially since their ballast fills or empties in less than one minute, and the graphics are gel coat and not a decal.

The total price includes everything, parts and labor.

Thanks for the replies so far
Old    9Drozd            02-09-2012, 7:37 PM Reply   
That sounds pretty much spot on then price wise. You always make a comment about the ballast on the MBs so that's my reason for the joke.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-09-2012, 7:53 PM Reply   
lol. yeah thomas, thanks. I knew that you were joking but I still had to beat all the MB guys and their sales pitches in irrelevant threads

To clarify, his boat is a what some nauty guys call a SNOB. Ski Nautique Open Bow. It is based off the 196, just had a tower put on, open bow, and badged with "air" from the factory. so there really is very little as far as vinyl to replace, and not much carpet either.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-10-2012, 6:35 AM Reply   
Where are you? My wife works for Cover Girl here in GA. They do custom boat interiors and covers . If your boat doesn't have an open bow its not a snob ? Sounds like you have an Air Nautique. Have you been to CorrectCraftFan.com ? Their Forum is strictly Correct Craft mostly older models . That would be a good source of info for your boat and a great bunch of guys. I'm not commenting about the Cali boat company any more but I agree with your comment.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-10-2012, 3:53 PM Reply   
hunter: I'm in california, its not my boat, but a buddy who lives here in SoCal. He does not frequent WW or nautique forums, so I told him i would post for him to help him out. His boat is unique, he says it was only one year, 2001, that nautique did it. They took the 196, cut an open bow in it, with NO walk-through, put a tower on it, and badged it with "air". no ballast. I have seen the term "SNOB" for this boat. Its and acronym for Ski Nautique Open Bow. I found a picture on google images way down and it was an '01 as well.

anyhow, its a small boat, it is not an air nautique which is a direct drive version of the vdrive SAN.... or so I have been told.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-10-2012, 3:57 PM Reply   
google "2001 air nautique 196" and you can see some of them. looks like some were possibly made in 2002, according to the picture names.
Attached Images