Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (rossl)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-06-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
Hi All,

My '96 Super Sport is getting stiff going into gear, once in gear it throttles up fine, The stiffness is not coming from the cables but from the throttle assembly itself. I have looked on the net and can't find anywhere to get a replacement, the only one i can find is the MV2 on skidim, but mine only has the throttle lever visible, not like link in the link below.

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MV2

Anybody know which throttle assembly CC used on the 96 super sport or will the Mv2 would work.

Cheers
Ross
Old     (bchesley)      Join Date: Apr 2001       12-06-2009, 12:10 PM Reply   
Your local dealer can get you one. They can even get parts if you dont need the whole thing. I had to replace the the arm on mine when the nuetral lock broke. The whole thing was not that bad on price.
Old     (jagermeister)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-11-2009, 5:24 AM Reply   
Really there's not that many moving parts in the throttle quadrant... I've never seen one wear out.. Take it apart and lube it up.. Maybe the teflon slider needs lube..
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-11-2009, 3:55 PM Reply   
You sure it's not the shift cable? As Wake Pro said, pretty unusual for the lever to stiffen up.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-11-2009, 5:03 PM Reply   
If it throttles up fine once it's in gear. It sounds more like the shift cable.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-13-2009, 9:24 AM Reply   
Cable!!
Old     (justintime)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-13-2009, 2:21 PM Reply   
you can adjust the tightness of shifter also

remove the cable off tranny and try it
Old     (illkid)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-14-2009, 12:50 PM Reply   
mine was the same way...
replace both throttle and tranny cables, then tear down, lube up and put back together the throttle assembly and she'll be good as new.