Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-18-2013, 2:19 AM Reply   
The Jimmi Six
I think the name of the board is actually the "Soulcraft Custom Wakesurf Jimmi Sparling Pro Model" but I don't have time for that. ;-) So we have been calling it the "Jimmi Six", mostly cause I think it sounds cool. RJ has been riding a couple of generations of Soulcraft and just really feels at home on them. He loves many other boards but for whatever reason when its time to compete he always jumps on his Soulcraft. We were riding on the Z3 of course, but with the new custom sacs that we just got in time for the West Coast Open. There are just plug and play sacs, probably about 1500 lbs or so on the regular side and a bit less on goofy. They are perfectly fit for the Z3 and on this day it was just these plug and play sacs, Maddie driving, Jesse and me.

IMG_1958 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_2396 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_2403 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_1742 by wake9, on Flickr

RJ started out riding backside and I could tell watching him that he was feeling good on this board and this is the first time he was riding. Speed and his turning looked good, but I really noticed when he started practicing his smaller backside airs. They are by no means "Sher worthy" but he was doing them with less effort. This board seemed to have good pop, but it also release well from the water. Some boards that I see him ride don't exit the water cleanly and don't allow him to get good, clean, high airs.

IMG_1725 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_1760 by wake9, on Flickr

When he got on his best side he started having even more fun. He likes this fin setup because he feels it gives him good "grip" in his turns yet still loose enough to his preference. He likes this setup for the balance between down the line and pumping speed. Here are some pictures of the board.

IMG_2140 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_2149 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_2153 by wake9, on Flickr

And then some pictures of bottom turns and slashes.

IMG_1827 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_1842 by wake9, on Flickr

He immediately was getting solid airs, but not necessarily his highest.

IMG_1895 by wake9, on Flickr

I am not sure which board he has gotten his best airs, I think either his older Jetty or the Walker Bomb Pop. But he soon got right up there, and I am guessing with a bit of time he is gonna top his best with this board.

IMG_2054 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_2111 by wake9, on Flickr

And a few grabs.

IMG_2097 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_2102 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_2106 by wake9, on Flickr

And a 180, gonna have to try more and some air 180s next time.

IMG_2131 by wake9, on Flickr

Of course Jessie and Maddie got out. Jesse is so pumped after having 4 people in juniors and competing with her, she is starting to carve.

IMG_2349 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_2370 by wake9, on Flickr

Maddie wants that air bad.

IMG_2380 by wake9, on Flickr

Fun board and a fun day. We had a great time with everyone at the event, but it was REALLY nice just to get out and enjoy the lake and relax. We made a quick video, check it out. There is a message to all the Dads out there at the end. Hope to see some of you at the WWS Shred Fest in Fort Collins.

Old     (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-18-2013, 7:11 PM Reply   
I have a "Jimmy Siks" on the way too!!!... I cant wait to ride it!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-18-2013, 7:42 PM Reply   
RJ really enjoyed it, fun board.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-19-2013, 6:01 AM Reply   
Got my jimmy six same time RJ did loving it
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-19-2013, 9:54 AM Reply   
So, H.....you prob gonna be sellin that Diamond nose fang tail now huh????
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-19-2013, 1:22 PM Reply   
I told RJ, "what are you going to do now with the old one?" Jeff repaired it and its like new. He may hang that one up. He really loved that board, it seemed to always do what he wanted it to do, the most.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-19-2013, 1:42 PM Reply   
I really love Harolds fang Tail!! hint,hint.....
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-19-2013, 2:02 PM Reply   
Haha, ok, I will tell him.