Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-15-2010, 11:43 AM Reply   
My friend has a 2011 230 that he has to get rid of because he lost his job. I posted about this boat before but I couldn't find the thread. If anyone's looking for a loaded 2011 230 for a screaming deal - (high 70's) - let me know asap!

This is what the boat looks like, but it does not have a z5 or tower speakers:

The boat has the zr409, team package, trandem trailer, swivel racks, etc. No z5, tower speakers or bimini.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-15-2010, 12:23 PM Reply   
Sick boat. Sounds like a smokin deal too
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-15-2010, 12:30 PM Reply   
Yeah, this is a chance to own a 2011 at close to cost. Someone needs to jump on this.
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-15-2010, 12:42 PM Reply   
Is there a reason this could not have gone in the classified section like the other boats for sale?

T
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-15-2010, 12:56 PM Reply   
Guess not. If a mod wants to move it they can. I just thought, since this boat should/will probably move really quick in the 70's, it would get some quick exposure here. Sorry for stepping on toes.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-15-2010, 1:02 PM Reply   
Also, for all of those people who post about "where did you find your deal" or "what's the market like right now for new boats", this is a good chance to see whether a deal boat gets snapped up quick in this economy. Basically, if the boat doesn't sell in a few weeks, it will go back to the bank, then to a new dealer, and will show back up at close to msrp. I'm just trying to help out a friend and also hook someone up with a smoking deal.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-15-2010, 1:35 PM Reply   
Trevor im pretty sure the title said boat for sale...was that misleading in any way and did you not have a choice to either look at the thread or not? I'm glad it's posted here it's a thread about boats and trying to help someone in tough times get more exposure than classifieds may bring. Im all for helping his cause.. (disclosure: I'm not friends w anyone on wakeworld, I just don't like people uptight about where things are posted)
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       12-15-2010, 3:11 PM Reply   
wow high 70's with the 409.....thats a smokin deal! dannnggg....
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-15-2010, 3:32 PM Reply   
@Chattwake - didn't step on my toes, no need for an apology. I do hope it works out.
@chis petersen - clearly it does and I made the choice to look. Then I asked the question. Not up tight, really but wonder if we didn't have sections for everything we look for here: boarding, surfing non-wake related, reviews, etc. how messed up it would be to find/follow stuff and the sight would be hell. Seems to me there is a place for this stuff. Just a question/recommendation.

T
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-15-2010, 5:35 PM Reply   
^^^Some things are better left unsaid. Nobody made you click on the thread. You clicked on it purposely to take a jab at the OP. The title made it clearly obvious what the thread was about.
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-15-2010, 5:44 PM Reply   
It is unfortunate that opinions are not welcome and assumptions made.

Have a great evening everyone.

T
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-16-2010, 11:30 AM Reply   
It's also unfortunate that all the people that pay to advertise their boats in the Classified Section on WW don't get the same opportunity to do so for free.

I'm with you Trevor, paying for advertising keeps WW going, shame on you for knowing the rules!!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-16-2010, 11:57 AM Reply   
^^^^ Looks like the mods disagree otherwise it would have been deleted....
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-16-2010, 12:03 PM Reply   
^^^^^ Also looks like a private party can sell a used boat for FREE in the classified ads on this site...
Old     (geterdone)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-16-2010, 1:27 PM Reply   
I would like to get your friends number. PM me
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-17-2010, 11:49 AM Reply   
Why is it that someone looses a job and right away they are selling their boat? Do people max themselves out soo much that they can't keep their payments afloat for a few months till they settle into a new job?

Mind it's still a bad position to loose one's job, I hope you get a new one soon.
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-20-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
Or better yet, why do companies find the need to lay people off in the middle of the holiday season? And they wonder why people don't show loyalty anymore.

Good luck with the sale and i hope everything works out fir your friend, sweet boat too.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-21-2010, 7:53 AM Reply   
gti2lo- how do you know he wasnt laid off 6months ago and isnt already stretched? And what does it matter anyways to you?

pickle311- "find the need to lay people off".... tell me you're kidding. You think a business truly goes and trys to "find a need" to lay people off? Thats ignorant thinking. Laying someone off that has proven they deserve their job is the most gut wrenching thing a business owner can do. Assuming he was laid off due to slow business/bad economy.

I realize both of my posts are argumentative, but I seriously get sick of the **** people post on here assuming they know every detail about people's personal lives and personal decisions.
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-21-2010, 12:01 PM Reply   
I know if I lost my job, the boat would be the first to go and I wouldn't wait a few months..unfortunately there are not many jobs to fall back on and a new job normally means lower pay.

I always laugh at the people on the site that have 80k+ boats and say financing is bad. I can't afford a 80 (financed or not) yet the conservatives think I make too much money.

Good luck with your sale
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-21-2010, 2:39 PM Reply   
Ty, I said that for a reason. I know most companies don't "look for a reason". A lot of the ones around here don't need a reason, it's a seasonal thing for them. There's major companies here that let people go this time almost every year, it's like clock work. I know some industries slow down this time of year while others are in the middle of their peak season. Unfortunately, a lot of larger companies have become numb to that gut wrenching feeling you speak of. The managers still feel it, but the executives couldn't care less. I see it happen to friends and have had it happen to myself, I'm not just posting ****.
I'm also sick of people like you on here that think they know everything and want to pick apart every post they don't agree with.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-27-2010, 12:57 PM Reply   
hahaha, Im the one picking apart your post? it seems you've swayed heavily and changed your mind within 2 posts regarding the need for layoffs...without me even "picking apart" your opinion and the fact that is has little to nothing to do with economic downturns, seasonal or not.
I don't know everything or act like I do, trust me, I have plenty to learn....I just know that your blanket statements regarding "companies" and employee "loyalty" make you look like a tool.