Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-03-2009, 9:01 AM Reply   
Anyone store their boat there? What are your thoughts? I am looking at that place for my boat.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-03-2009, 10:26 AM Reply   
I went there last weekend to test a Supra. It looked like they kept all the boats in a huge indoor storage. They even put it in the and out of the water for you. Looked pretty nice from the outside. Did you get a price?
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       07-03-2009, 10:52 AM Reply   
dont they move the boats wih fork lifts? I ve heard some horror stories about disco marina doing this.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-03-2009, 1:27 PM Reply   
they have one big new fork lift...I went inside and the have 100,000 dollar boats in there it looked like they really do a good job, they also store it on your trailer..which is good not sun damage on it.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-05-2009, 12:41 PM Reply   
Jason, what was the pricing like?
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-05-2009, 5:50 PM Reply   
They have a few deals there, I want to say its around 145 a month but you can pay more and get some different packages, I went out there and talked to the guy for a while, it wouldn't work for me but it was a very nice facility, virtually no chance of theft because the only people in and out of the building are those that work there, and they lock it up completely at night with all kinds of alarms and cameras, but if you want to take your boat to another spot to launch I think its $15 just to get them to fetch it for you, my problem I saw is if you ride the delta only you pretty much have to get all your fuel on the water or bring it in gas cans, not positive though this was last year. All in all I was very impressed and the guy I spole with was cool, just wouldn't work for me personally
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-05-2009, 10:16 PM Reply   
like any other places on the delta you can drive into town and get gas it is about 8 miles away..but like all places when you are done you either go somewhere and get gas or get it on the delta. Scott do you know of any good storage places? where your at is there gas there on site?
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-06-2009, 12:12 AM Reply   
Rivers end. Gas just down the river at Tracy oasis. They have covered and uncovered. Orowood is the nicest storage setup I have ever seen. Well worth the $200 a month.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-06-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
Rivers end is outdoors covered right?
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-06-2009, 8:26 AM Reply   
Jason, try Orwood, hard to get a spot but very worth it. It's your own garage, behind a coded gate, they have a cement pad with water and electric to wash your boat, you get free launch, and when you get off the water you can grab a bite to eat of a cocktail at the restaurant. I'm dropping mine off today and pullig it out in Oct.

P.S. Your speaker covers should arrive by Wed.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-06-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
Yes rivers end is outdoor covered. No the best but convenient Where about do you live? That plays a huge factor too
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-06-2009, 11:18 AM Reply   
Jason I keep mine at Rivers End for $95 a month, I get my gas in Tracy, I only have to put about 15 miles on the trailer to get gas, we are really happy with Rivers end but my brothers boat did get stolen out of there, they don't really go after speakers and such, just whole boats and apparently 1 big rig trailer, I have only heard of two getting taken from there. I find that my boat doesn't get too dirty being outdoors and covered, but we use it weekly, if it sat for a month in the summer it would get pretty dirty, also try Lazy M marina they have enclosed garage type storage but last I checked there was a waiting list, and if its high tide you have to drop your tower to get out from the dock.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-10-2009, 6:25 PM Reply   
I live is San Jose, and just not sure where to store. Anyone know of other places out there?
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-10-2009, 7:26 PM Reply   
do yourself a favor and bite the bullet and just store it Orwood.. me steve and bryan all have our boats there..

Couple things that turned me off at Whiskey.
1. birds flying inside the big doors..
2. gas is 7 miles away.. but thats a far 7 miles to drive down highway 4 and then tracy blvd all the way into town.. it would take about 20 min each way to get gas
3. Lets say you call the night before and want your boat at 10am just like everyone else.. and they say.. shoot we have 30 boats to launch for 10.. then your boat gets put in the water at 8 and its sitting at the doc unatennded with all your crap in the boat/boards all exposed for anyone to take..

No matter where you go.. your going to end up at orwood so do yourself a favor and get your 2nd unit first ;)
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-10-2009, 8:22 PM Reply   
1) gas is outside of town

2) Their area is all enclosed, you cant get to it unless you work there.
3) Lets say you show up to Orwood at 10 am you are waiting hours to get your boat in...that place is a zoo and very tiny
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       07-10-2009, 8:51 PM Reply   
jason dude way off.

gas at the docs or do like all the vets and bring your own cans. I do very easy.

2 its enclosed yes a night during he day birds to fly in there.
3. get there at 10 launch your boat in 5 mins cause all the crowds come around 12pm even then 10 mins max.

if you ask for advice but fight it from people with experiance why even ask.

I also store my boat at orwood. I put it on the trailer not some guy with a fork lift in a hurry. I know lots of peoples whose boats have got messed up at other storage places that do it like that. And issacs right they launch your boat and it sits there until you arrive. Same with leaving it may sit some.

Then how do u wipe your new boat down??? Boards vests?? I pull into my unit pop a beer start cleaning leave the boards in the rack hang the jackets. Wouldnt have it any other way. I even had a unit there when i lived in disco 3 mins from fast water with a hoist.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-10-2009, 8:57 PM Reply   
Nick...what you mean with a hoist?
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       07-10-2009, 9:04 PM Reply   
i had a house with a dock and hyrdro hoist. I would only leave the boat on it over the weekend or over night if we got in late. It would get wrecked just being out a few days.

Ive been launching out of orwoods for 4 yrs man. Ive never regretted it and longest wait was prob 15 mins and i doubt that even.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-10-2009, 9:16 PM Reply   
Nick I do value the advice....with Issac lol we have been friends for like 8 years, kids play together..we have been talking about this for weeks. Im just new to boat world. I am just going between Orwood and Whiskey, I just have to get my boat out there because its just sitting in SJ, but also has to be cost effective for me...
Thanks for insight
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       07-10-2009, 10:07 PM Reply   
no worries congrats its so awesome to own a boat.

orwoods costly no doubt, but truely worth it in many ways. My buddy stores his in bethal island and his boat is thrashed now from it sitting outside after hours or in the warehouse.

If you see a green and black VLX say whats up.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-10-2009, 10:49 PM Reply   
at Whiskey Slough they dont have set hours to close like at bethal, they get all buts in storrage, they stay until last person back..
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-10-2009, 10:52 PM Reply   
cheapest gas around is safeway in disco on the corner of bixer and 4. bring your cans, tell whoever is coming to bring 5 gal. done. orwood is hands down the nicest place on the D. best ramp, food, etc.. its more than convenient its a home away from home. 100% all yours, no one touches your s-- your own mini private shop. i also like nick have a few friends with hoists in disco and they still keep a unit at orwood, for winter storage and what not. place is dope. im sure anyone with orwood storage will tell you this but i say it anyway, if you store at orwood your new boat will remain new. almost years and 300 hrs and my boat still looks and smells brand spankin new. all you do is back it in wipe it down flip the seats up and go home. come check mine out with isaac this weekend, you can see how pimp i have mine, with gorilla racks and stuff, the inside of mine looks like a mini board shop, lol. good luck with it and you will be bumbed on whiskey i can promise that.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-10-2009, 11:01 PM Reply   
B you riding this weekend?
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-10-2009, 11:05 PM Reply   
hey bryan thanks for the insight, I will have to come by and see it
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-10-2009, 11:15 PM Reply   
anytime jason, isaac i cant im racing club moto tomorrow then work sunday. im trying to ride wensday next maybe monday, ill hit you up.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-10-2009, 11:30 PM Reply   
word.. Id like to get out on a weekday.. I havent wridden with you cats for a while.. I should be down for wed... ill let you know..
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-13-2009, 8:59 AM Reply   
Jason your welcome to check my spot at orwood out anytime. This is only my second summer there, but I will not be going elsewhere. I checked Whisky out as well, great facility, just not for me. I like to do what I want, when I want and how ever I please. Orwood has it all. I started there when I was in San Jose.

1- closer then Whisky
2- Cleaner area of the Delta
3-Close to the best spots to ride
4- Closer to the best spots to party (Ski Beach, Union Point)
5- Safeway gas is a short drive away (if you shop at Safeway you get a discount on gas 10 cents per gallon for every $100 you spend) or if you're in a hurry get gas at the Orwood pump, not that expensive.
6- Great place to eat before you get on or after you get off the water.
7- Nice store for ice, beer and other things forgotten.
8- Plus there are a great deal of really nice, friendly WW'ders out there to chat with and ride with.

Orwood Story #1- I've been out there at the docks waiting for my brother to pick me up since he launched early morning, I get a call from him saying their lagg'n on Vics rid'n butter. I see a familiar face that asks what I am doing, next thing you know I grab a 12 pack at the store, hop into said familiar face's boat and get a ride out to Vic's to meet my brother and crew.

Story #2- Out at Orwood dropping off some gear since I was working in the area and had boards in the truck. See another familiar face pulling out of his storage for a couple hours of riding mid day. He asks me to join, I get the famous 12'er and off for an unexpected ride.

Not sure if this would happen at Whisky or not, but it is very common at Orwood.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-13-2009, 9:43 AM Reply   
thanks Johnny good info.

Hey am going to call today about my ipod charge. it does not charge it. it plays but no charge, I thought I got the one that does?
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-13-2009, 10:43 AM Reply   
Jason call me, it maybe the compatability of the plug and the version ipod you have. Newer generation Ipods have a problem accepting charge from the aftermarket adapters. I sent you an email as well. Give me a call and we can discuss. I think Apple added something to the software to not allow the ipod to take charge from a generic adapter. My brother has a new generation ipod and it would not allow it to charge, by my older Ipod photo has no problems, neither does my friends nano. Got to love Apple trying to redirect money to their pockets.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-13-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
I have an old ipod..throught the cig plug it does charge.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-13-2009, 3:05 PM Reply   
Jason I have been thinking about your situation,

I'd say in this order go 1) orwood 2) Rivers End
3) Whiskey 4) Lazy M (waiting list on enclosed units)

Like everyone has said Orwood has it all, also if you do like most and want to ride Vics and hang around ski beach etc. that's a trek from Whiskey, also if it's a blown out day and you came all the way up from san jose you can always drop anchor in a disco bay cove and just kick back out of the wind, swim around and have a few, then your trip all the way from San Jose hasn't been for nothing, I have seen it crowded at orwood but if you get an early start you are good, or get there around 3 and come off at 8. If it's too crowded just tie up have some food and watch the mayhem from the outdoor bar, once its died down pull out. Also if you need more options check out disco bay harbor, they will store your boat up in the racks off the trailer, have a friend with his there and he likes it so far, bad bird issues there though but def. no thieves up in the racks

I don't think Orwood has been as crazy as it used to be either, I think the economy has weeded it down to people that can really afford boating and families and such, I haven't seen much of the thug element there lately that there used to be two or three years ago, creative financing has gone away with the downturn

I'd say the best way is to come out early one day, drive by Rivers End on your way out, check out the facilities talk to the folks in the office and see the steep azz ramp, then drive to Lazy M, you'll see why I say its your last choice, then hit up disco harbor then go to orwood last. You could do this on the water on in your car, if you want to buy some extra gas for your boat you could make it out to whiskey but take a map, it's deep
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-13-2009, 8:29 PM Reply   
Scott, Rivers end is outdoor covered...I dont like it, funny when I launched from there though...was really ghetto going down the slough. So when you say Orwood has thugs, what you mean? You are not the first to say Orwood get packed there, does it get that bad? They have nothing available.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       07-13-2009, 8:48 PM Reply   
its not ghetto over there its just some true water people that live on the island and slough. Its a cheap alt to living out there. My boy lives on the point heading out