Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-15-2008, 8:21 AM Reply   
The guy wants $2,800. She looks clean and the motor looks great. You think she'd be nice with a tower and some sacks or should I keep looking?

Seller Says:
1972 correct craft Mustang fiberglass classic. The engine was replaced with a rebuilt 305 Chevy v-8 in 2005 with all new parts including a Mallory distributor,ingnition coil, edelbrock 4 brl carb,alternator and water pump. The steering cables were replaced before I bought the boat.The boat is mostly original with the exception of the engine, ready for a new owner to take her to the next level of restoration. The boat runs strong with no problems. The interior is fair condition.

(Message edited by xbones on April 15, 2008)
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-15-2008, 8:32 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (bigkitch)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-15-2008, 9:04 AM Reply   
A mustang with a Chev, thats a disgrace. (car world lol)

Boat looks pretty clean man, motor looks brand new. Get rid of the front bench seat for a nice bucket....Paint the chrome around the windows to black....add a black tower, youll be rollin.

Any history on why the motor was swapped/ Any damage?
Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-15-2008, 9:49 AM Reply   
How long is that?? Looks like a 12fter!
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-15-2008, 9:53 AM Reply   
17 ft.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-15-2008, 10:03 AM Reply   
Their tiny. Keep lookin.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-15-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
I really only ever have my wife and maybe one more person in the boat with me so size isn't the biggest concern...I'm just wondering if I sack it out will it throw a good wake? I looks pretty deep so I don't think putting a bunch of weight in there would hurt anything or make it un-safe. Anybody have experience weighting these boats?
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-15-2008, 10:59 AM Reply   
I have a 68 Century Cheetah 16' with a similar hull design. I never really use it to wakeboard, only skiing. But, the wake is clean and crisp with a rampy approach. I would think that with some weight it might be decent.

Dont assume that you wont be wanting some more space. My 16' is not good for hanging out on. If you take 3 people out for riding thats fine, but if you plan on hanging out at all you will hate it.

Cool looking boat though. Engine color looks alot like mine.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-15-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
I lived near a guy on Sammamish who had one. He never had a tower on it, but retrofitted an extended pylon. 3 people on the boat & it was crowded. 4 people plus gear was too much. Anytime the rider cut out to the side & leaned on the handle to cut into the wake, the boat leaned big time.
While there was room for a sack in the back, the boat floated pretty low with 3 people in it, gunnels maybe 6" off the water. So if you want it a lot lower, sack it up.
The wake was pretty small & really narrow.
This guy owned it for a year & sold it to get into something bigger.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-15-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
Very helpful...thanks!
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-15-2008, 4:48 PM Reply   
On the other hand it would be a great first boat and you would learn alot and have tons of fun. You could most likely sell it for that same price. That boat is better than no boat at all.
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-15-2008, 6:05 PM Reply   
Ahh, I've been reading CCFan forums too long!

If you do get it, don't put a tower on it! There aren't many of those still around and honestly, I'm all for functionality, but I think a tower would ruin it.

My .02 cents.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-16-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
Heck, for $2800, if you don't like it, sell it. I don't think you would loose any money.

I wouldn't add a tower. Just get a pole for now.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-17-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
My dealer has one on his lot. Very cool little boat. That price is a steal. Buy it and sell it for what you paid for it in a year or 2. It's a ski boat, don't add a tower. The wake will be nothing which is great for skiing or barefooting. You won't put more than 4 people in the thing, very narrow.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-17-2008, 4:39 PM Reply   
I used to have a 78' Ski Tique which is a pretty similar boat. The wake is narrow but can get pretty good for such a small boat, we ran about 400lb bags on both sides of the engine usually with 3 people total. The wake is very hard and it does not ski well at all.

My boat had the original 302 and it would hit about 44 mph top end.

We ran a skylon and it worked great, it was my first inboard and all in all I loved it.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-17-2008, 5:25 PM Reply   
I'd buy it just for it's historic value. It would be a shame to put a tower on it though considering it's a nice little retro boat just the way it is.
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       04-18-2008, 7:26 AM Reply   
My in-laws next door neighbor had one for years and I have skied and barefooted behind it. It was a fun little boat. One thing unique about it is that it would turn great one way (left I think) but terrible the other way. Maybe it was something about the linkage on that particular boat, but I would check this out.
Old     (benjamin_74)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-18-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
2,800, I would snatch that up, cool little boat that you cant loose money on,an a skylon, and just cruise it. How can you go wrong? nothing to loose and a nice summer on the water. go for it