Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-01-2014, 8:16 PM Reply   
The polk 5 channel i was using for the threesome and sub is now in permanent protect mode. It was underpowered anyways.

I had a ppi 600.2 laying around so i am powering my sub with that. Now i am looking for an amp for my pro threesome.

I have read that the syn6 is ideal but that is out of my price range. How would the HT 6 stack up for it? Any other suggestions in the 200-500$ range?
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       07-02-2014, 6:12 AM Reply   
HT-6? No. Not enough power, especially on the non-bridged channels. The HT-4 and HT-2 combination would be great. Or, a Syn4 and Syn4 combo. It generally requires two amplifiers to run a 3-some at its best. I would find a used Wetsounds Syn6. It's Class AB and there should be units available. Or, maybe Wetsounds has a refurbished Syn6. I like the Wetsounds SD or Syn series for a 3-Some application because it has the correct configuration switching to do a mixed mono center channel bridge. There are at least four ways to bridge depending on the specific amplifier topology and the particular application. With a great majority of amplifiers if you send a 1 kHz signal in on the left input and a 5 kHz signal in on the right input (just as an example) you would only get the 1 kHz signal on the (+) output of one channel and the 5 kHz on the (-) output on the other channel. The signals are not summed until the speaker voice coils. It absolutely sounds bad to me, although some don't seem to mind. And some just wrongly blame it on harsh HLCDs.
Old     (tulsah)      Join Date: Mar 2014       07-02-2014, 7:43 AM Reply   
PM if interested in lightly used SYN6.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-02-2014, 9:01 AM Reply   
With the ht6 wouldnt that be 300 rms to each speaker? I would gain down the pro 80s and gain up the 485. Would this not work? I dont really have room or budget for two more amps
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       07-02-2014, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichter14 View Post
With the ht6 wouldnt that be 300 rms to each speaker? I would gain down the pro 80s and gain up the 485. Would this not work? I dont really have room or budget for two more amps
You are correct. I had a four-channel on my mind. I also meant to state the Syn4 and 2 combo.
Old     (whatshesaid)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-02-2014, 1:38 PM Reply   
Contact TJ for his used one.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-02-2014, 6:33 PM Reply   
I bought tj's syn 6.

Looking forward to hearing it
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-02-2014, 7:12 PM Reply   
I am curious if my amp wiring is right. This is what it looks like.