Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old    gatorgirl            05-15-2006, 10:18 AM Reply   
I am new at wakeboarding and about to get a new board. I was looking at the hyperlite divine 134, any opinions on it? Also, I am 5'3" 135lbs is a 134 good for me?
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-15-2006, 11:36 AM Reply   
my wife rides the exact board w/ the pixie bindings... she likes it, but isn't very aggressive either....
Old     (jon_m)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-15-2006, 11:52 AM Reply   
it's an easy board to ride, and it's apparently the same board as murray's first molded-in fin design, so you won't hit a wall (so to speak) when you want to progress to more advanced riding like you might with the movement or cruiser (i forget which is hyperlite's base model this year). 134 sounds alright for you, but i'd get some smaller fins than the 1.7 plastic jobs that come standard.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-15-2006, 12:03 PM Reply   
It's a great board. I ride the same one (Motive in profile pic). I think the size if perfect for you. I also ride a 134 (my weight wildly varies 150 - 170lbs), but feel like it's a bit small for me behind the boat. It's perfect on the cable.
Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-15-2006, 2:32 PM Reply   
My wife rides a 2005 134 Divine and she is the same size. That is the right size for you. She likes it a lot but is selling it right now ($200 with 04' LF Minx bindings or $175 for board alone; new condition). I agree you will want smaller fins once your comfortable on it and want to start trying things.

It's the same board a Hyperlite Motive with different graphics.
Old    carolynbeth            05-18-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
hi chad -- i might be interested in your wife's board and bindings....would that $200 include shipping (kentucky)?