Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (alexwycz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-19-2006, 10:22 PM Reply   
I'm gonna be in Tampa over New Years, and I want to go up to OWC for a day. The website says theyre open year round, and I was wondering how warm it is down there that time of year. What can I expect the water temp to be. the east coast has been pretty warm so far this year.

~pa dude in search of warmer climates.
Old     (kaesensuyderhoud)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-19-2006, 10:43 PM Reply   
its pretty warm still... maybe a shorty but it depends how tough you are and what your use to. hahaha.
you will love O DUB, lots of fun! you ever ridden cable before or hit rails/kickers?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-20-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
Just bring a shorty. That's what I use there all winter, and I've already started wearing it. I believe they close on New Years Day, so check the web site.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-20-2006, 7:36 AM Reply   
Yep, on the eve too....

"We will be closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.
Old     (kaesensuyderhoud)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-20-2006, 8:15 PM Reply   
have a good time. you will love it there! tons of fun.
Old     (alexwycz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-20-2006, 9:26 PM Reply   
ya ive actually been there once before. its sick.

i dont have a wetsuit or anything so i think ill just tough it up. Will underarmour help out at all?
Old     (kaesensuyderhoud)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-21-2006, 3:31 AM Reply   
yeah anything thats not a rash guard will help. you should be able to tough it out... just dont get intimidated when you see everyone in full suits cause people in florida dont know what cold water is! hahaha you should be fine. have a blast!
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-21-2006, 6:39 AM Reply   
But we know what it's like to wakeboard all year, lol...

You are right though, our coldest water gets in the high 50's to low 60's here. That is prime summer conditions for some of you out there....BTW, it seems to me that OWC is always colder than the lakes.

(Message edited by byrd on December 21, 2006)
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-21-2006, 3:02 PM Reply   
i just got back from owc and the water temp was just fine. i wore a short sleeve rash guard but didmt even need that, the air was 80. it was my first time and i had a blast