Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-24-2011, 11:13 AM Reply   
http://www.snowboardermag.com/videos...-snowboarding/

Prolly been posted before. I am sure that snowboards every where are hating on it. It looks cool as hell to me. System 2, kickers and tabletop spine on the snow.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       10-24-2011, 12:36 PM Reply   
Can't wait to give it a go! Think they have one in Avoriaz and I'm heading out there in jan!

Oh and what about cable-snowboarding?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-24-2011, 12:36 PM Reply   
Awesome!
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-24-2011, 12:41 PM Reply   
looks sweet! going to be interesting to see some diggers.. bet that'll rock you
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-24-2011, 4:07 PM Reply   
lol! read the comments below... why is there such hate for wake from the snow crowd?

I'll never get it. Wakeboarding and snowboarding, which are completely different sports, still are very similiar. Especially comparing cable wake parks to snow terrain parks - rails, kickers, etc. Why not support both sports? You can only usually do one or the other depending on season (well, comfortably).
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-24-2011, 5:43 PM Reply   
I say it's just cableboarding. haha, I mean snowboarding. Some of those comments on the linked page were such nonsense like the By: Ricksatard (October 15) who hates on other snowboarders, skiers, wakeboarders, definitely waterskiers and probably kneeboarders. I can't really blame him for the last one.

Here it is embedded

Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-24-2011, 5:44 PM Reply   
$
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-24-2011, 8:07 PM Reply   
Its something that could progress both sports... so of course... great reason to hate on it. makes sense
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-24-2011, 9:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycejb328 View Post
Its something that could progress both sports... so of course... great reason to hate on it. makes sense
If you haven't noticed, that's pretty much how it goes with any new development in the world of extreme sports, and especially watersports.

skurfing/skiboarding evolves, trick skiiers hate on it

wakeboarding evolves, skurfers/skiboarders hate on it

"cableboarding" evolves, wakeboarders hate on it

etc. etc.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-24-2011, 10:01 PM Reply   
So when you take a digger on a hit off the spine...does the helmet prevent concussions? Would you rather eject or be locked in? Discuss please.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-25-2011, 5:30 AM Reply   
^ ha! poll please.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-25-2011, 6:48 AM Reply   
Looks like fun. I don't understand why anyone would not want to at least try it. I don't care for riding the half pipe as much as the mountain but I will always take a couple runs and I always enjoy it. Perhaps it should not be give a name that evokes pride from either sport.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-25-2011, 9:30 AM Reply   
i remember the last time something like this popped up it led onto this controversial subject about how one of the alliance wake editors/writers/whatever also wrote a lot of stuff on YoBeat snowboard site making fun of wake.
Old     (Brian)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-25-2011, 9:48 AM Reply   
I'm going out on a limb and saying, I'd sure as hell give it a try. I think it looks badass!

Not sure you'd I'd throw a tootie rolls or half cab roll, but I'm sure someone will try. I like the idea!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-25-2011, 10:15 AM Reply   
Yo Beat! Yeah that chick is a little two-faced.

It is funny how much snowboarders hate on everything. Even snowboarding! makes me laugh. Innovation is progress!
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-25-2011, 10:24 AM Reply   
Looks like a LOT of fun to me, and in places where you have lots of snow maybe not much for terrain, could open up a Lot more riding options!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-25-2011, 10:43 AM Reply   
That's what I was thinking. In MN that would be a blast! no verticle and loads of snow!
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-25-2011, 11:15 AM Reply   
I'd try this, it looks like fun.

I'm almost mad at myself for not thinking up the snowmobile riding down two banks like they are wakes thing.
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-25-2011, 11:17 AM Reply   
There's always been a lot of hate in snowboarding, anyways...

This would be great for us flat landers in Kansas. Nearest mountains are 10 hours. I've been thinking of buying a snowmobile just for towing a rider over terrain.

I can only image the ice build up with a cable system though, specially one with turns. Board after board turning in the same place around a corner...a$$ plants left and right
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-28-2011, 2:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by augie_09 View Post
There's always been a lot of hate in snowboarding, anyways...

This would be great for us flat landers in Kansas. Nearest mountains are 10 hours. I've been thinking of buying a snowmobile just for towing a rider over terrain.

I can only image the ice build up with a cable system though, specially one with turns. Board after board turning in the same place around a corner...a$$ plants left and right
How would it be any better than Snow Creek? It would basically be the same thing, maybe even smaller.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-28-2011, 2:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckledragger View Post
So when you take a digger on a hit off the spine...does the helmet prevent concussions? Would you rather eject or be locked in? Discuss please.
Lol'd
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-28-2011, 2:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
How would it be any better than Snow Creek? It would basically be the same thing, maybe even smaller.
the cable system wouldn't be much different, crowded probably and full of icey fake snow although it would be cool to see kcwatersports drained and filled with fake snow.

snowmobile however just need a friend with land
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-29-2011, 6:39 AM Reply   
it would be really cool to see if they could do some big load line tricks too
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       11-01-2011, 3:05 PM Reply   
its stupid. thats what it should be called.
Old     (rawB)      Join Date: Jul 2010       11-01-2011, 6:07 PM Reply   
I've been wondering about this for a while.

You could put one of these on a Minneapolis lake (Theodore worth lake) and have a cable park that could be used all year. It would probably get icy even with added snow and grooming just like all of the other parks around here do in high traffic, but I think it would become pretty popular and a great way to introduce cable to people who would otherwise not think of trying it.