Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hyperliterider90)      Join Date: May 2010       04-28-2011, 1:22 PM Reply   
me and my brother ride nothing but boat and were wanting to check out either odub or mccormicks.. which one would be less crowded and what day of the week would it be less crowded?

THanks
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-28-2011, 2:15 PM Reply   
OWC has two cables so the lines are not usually that bad. Wed night after 4pm is probably the busiest time because it's 1/2 price night. Plus OWC has a System 2.0. So 3 cables actually.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-28-2011, 5:19 PM Reply   
*Shameless plug for my backyard cable*

F those, come down here and ride the Revolution!

Great cable, real people.

Free pass yet Josh? still working it.
Old     (joshwrighttexas)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-28-2011, 6:17 PM Reply   
lol nice try baitkiller, thanks for the plug and yes Revolutoin is great. I highly recommend Revolution Cable but encourage everyone to ride as many different cables as possible and determine for yourself what you like. All parks are different and some of them change their obstacles around on a yearly/semi-yearly basis. With that being said try to ride both OWC and McCormick's or at least ride the system 2.0 while your there.
Old     (KGar11)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-28-2011, 9:02 PM Reply   
McCormicks
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-29-2011, 6:21 AM Reply   
McCormicks any day will likely be less crowded than Odub... Probably a better first timer learning environment as well. But if you're proficient on rails and just need to get a feel for the cable I'd do both, McCormicks for like 2 days then Owc for a day... mainly for the new unit rail. ODubs quick turns and choppy water make it tough on new riders, McCormicks is butter smooth most days because of the island, people are chill and the rails are better.
Old     (hamislice)      Join Date: Aug 2010       04-29-2011, 8:52 AM Reply   
I vote McCormicks, but you should try them all. Crowds are hit or miss, you will still have fun. Probably a Monday or Tuesday would be the best days but that's just a guess.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-29-2011, 9:27 AM Reply   
All cable parks are so sick... I love McCormicks... Because they have a very sick and Chill Environment, However Odub is sick to because you never know who is going to show up....

I also really enjoyed the Projects... I got to chill with Marc Rossiter and Clay Fletcher, Not only where they rad but they didnt make you feel stupid for being there, they where so down to help me and my buddies progress...

Damn i want to go back!