Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       09-04-2010, 9:55 AM Reply   
What do you guys think of the Saltare wake? I kneeboard and wakeboard and this would be my first inboard so looking to surf too since I tried that for the first time this summer.

What do these bots usually go for late 80s? I saw one on Ebay this week that bid up to $5200 but didn't hit reserve.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-06-2010, 4:53 PM Reply   
I have spent quite a few hours behind one and driving one.It throws a pretty mellow wake So not steep which is what I have always loved. But different wakes for different people. Where are you located? My friend is looking to sell his here in TX and hasn't listed it yet.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-06-2010, 4:57 PM Reply   
Oh yeah they do throw a good surf wave and I think usually go for 8-12k. Might be some deals though if you can do some work on them
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       09-06-2010, 6:29 PM Reply   
I just got an '89 this weekend. Wake looked pretty mellow on test drive like you say, but no worse than my old I/O I had previously. Today I ordered two 260 lb sacks for it, will surely go more but this is a start. I haven't rode behind it yet but we'll see how it does. Any other input is of course welcome! Also, picked it up for under $8k, supposedly new stringers, floors and motor, which I believe after inspection. Not sure if I got a good deal or not but I feel good about it.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-07-2010, 2:26 PM Reply   
Stop over to supraboats.com/bbs and see all the Saltare owners there. From what I hear, they have a large surface area but they are not as heavy as newer boats. So it takes a lot of weight to sink them enough to get a good wake/wave. People say they are great surf boats. I have heard they can be a bit touchy to weight.

I love my SunSport's surf wave too. CAD I still think you got a GREAT deal!