Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-29-2003, 1:56 PM Reply   
Well you can tell from today's poll question that Dave is back online and his sense of humor is intact...

Dave, I'm glad that everything worked out okay for you and your family. This has been an incredible few days.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-29-2003, 1:59 PM Reply   
Funny, I did not grab my board but I did grab my brand new XXL Parks bindings since I had not put them on my board yet.

I also grabbed my golf clubs, but in my defense they are Taylor Made, custom fitted at their headquarters for me.

I was amazed at how few "necessities" there were to grab but there was a heck of a lot of stuff I wanted but didn't need, since we had considerable notice that we might be evacuated before we actually left.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-29-2003, 2:02 PM Reply   
Custom fitted clubs? What, off the rack is not the right size for you?
Old    beerdrnknboardr            10-29-2003, 2:32 PM Reply   
All i'm gonna say is that within about 5 minutes of hearin it jumped on to the mirmar base I had 3 wakes, 2 snow and various snow/wake/regular skates all in the cab of my pickup. And my golf clubs were already in there.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-29-2003, 3:35 PM Reply   
I'd load up my motorcycles (well at least a couple), grab my board and be gone.
Old    xtremebordgurl            10-29-2003, 8:44 PM Reply   
in terms of material things, the top four: board, camera, laptop, cell phone. All of life's necessities. Actually I say that is all I'd take but i am such a pack rat it would be hard for me to leave, I'd want to take like my whole house cause I am so dam sentimental about stuff. I'm sure there are a lot of people like me out there, and my best wishes are with you all, I can't even imagine having to leave my house like that. Thats scary stuff.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-29-2003, 9:10 PM Reply   
What if your wakeboards are your valuables?
Old    buttacup            10-29-2003, 10:44 PM Reply   
Kristian- From the way you described what is in your house, your parents would take forever to get all their precious belongings out.....thank goodness you just have a wakeboard.

I would take my ps2, pics, wakeboard, and autographed hockey memoribilia, clothes and toothpaste.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-29-2003, 10:50 PM Reply   
My parents would be pretty funny, all the african masks, indian plates, swiss antique ice pics, etc, etc. They're so attached to all that stuff. Well really I'd take my lucky coin and since its attached to my bindings I'd have it with me anyway (life's simple for me, hahahaha)

(Message edited by kristian on October 29, 2003)
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-30-2003, 5:11 AM Reply   
I know I wouldnt grab my wakeboarding gear, I'd just get a spanking new set up w/my insurance money...but I think I'd grab my photo and Computer box. My Computer has a hard drive dedicated to our family photos n videos, everthing else in the house is replacable.
Old     (ssg)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-30-2003, 6:31 AM Reply   
As far as I am concerned. As long as my family is out the rest of it can burn.

I'm with Cliff on the insurance money gig!!

Still riding!

Ross
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-30-2003, 6:57 AM Reply   
My bike and custom surfboards first. Then if there is room I would throw the wakeboard in.
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-30-2003, 10:47 AM Reply   
OH YEAH, the family! Guess thats why I'd need the PC so bad so I can miss them since I grabbed it instead of them
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       10-30-2003, 10:57 AM Reply   
Pictures, Guitars, 2 million in cash "yeah right", PC hard drive, wakeboards, wakeboard DVDs, uhhhhhh 1 pair of underware "that should last me a week" LOL, CD collection, hmmmm I guess that is it. Of course the family would be long gone by then.

Hey Dave Williams, I was curious why you left your boat behind, I am sure it had to do with lack of time on your part, or maybe no tow vehicle. If I stored my boat at home, that would be on the top of the list, of course after family.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-30-2003, 11:24 AM Reply   
I'd anchor my boat in the middle of the lake and paddle back to shore if I had time.
Definately grab the computer for reasons that Cliff mentioned, important papers, clothes, and if I had time and room in the car a select few toys.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-30-2003, 11:27 AM Reply   
There was definitely a time issue that prevented me from taking my boat, since the flames were in my neighbors backyard as I drove out. However, I doubt I would have taken it anyway. It's insured, so why bother. It would have just made things more difficult and dangerous as we tried to flee the area and find a decent place to stay until we could get back in. I guess if I had time I probably would have parked it somewhere safer like in the middle of my backyard.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       10-30-2003, 11:44 AM Reply   
Yeah good point, I didn't think about making it harder to maneuver out of the situation with a boat in tow. Wow escaping as the flames hit your neighbors house, that is close!