Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (pa_nautique)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-03-2009, 1:12 PM Reply   
Post some pics if you did! Curious on what people think of it. Very pumped that we got a cable park in the north now. Im trying to gather some people to head down next weekend after finals are over with.
Old     (osu_bcky1)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-03-2009, 4:46 PM Reply   
Just got back from the park today. They only had two obstacles in. A 5' kicker, and a 35'-40' fun box. While i was there they were working on an 80 foot up,flat,up that looked sick. They were planning on setting it up today but I had to leave before then. They also had A-frame in the parking lot that i'm not sure why it wasnt in the water? I think by next weekend everything should be in the water and ready to shred. Dont forget to print out the 1 hour free pass on their website before you come... 20 bucks of for the day! Overall the park is sick, smooth pull from the 6 pylon cable, not to mention the nicest people who work there. Thanks to Pete for giving us such a nice spot to ride!
Old     (osu_bcky1)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-04-2009, 5:31 AM Reply   
Link to an article someone wrote for opening day with pics.

http://www.kicentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17485

(Message edited by osu_bcky1 on May 04, 2009)
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-05-2009, 9:00 PM Reply   
Cables are so much fun. End of story. Just one more for me and my boys to hit, really looking forward to it.
Old     (osu_bcky1)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-06-2009, 10:34 AM Reply   
Some pics I took this morning of the sliders...

Upload
Upload
Upload

Also, there is a 5 foot kicker...Use your imagination to see what that looks like.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-06-2009, 10:50 AM Reply   
How deep is the lake at Wake Nation?
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-06-2009, 11:26 AM Reply   
Hell yeah! I'm heading down there tomorrow.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-06-2009, 11:39 AM Reply   
WakeNation was awesome! I've been holding out trying to wait for some pics to be sent, but everything was perfect Sunday.

Except, the up-flat-up was out by the time we got there, and the Red Bull rooftop had just arrived. This is a great place for any skill level, and the staff is extremely helpful. The turnout on the first day was pretty amazing, with crowds of local lining the fences just watching. I just feel for all the soccer players, because I know if I were them I'd get stuck glancing over seeing what people were doing on the kicker.

Jeff, I had heard 8ft. I can tell you that I didn't touch until 10-15ft from shore if not closer.
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-06-2009, 11:50 AM Reply   
what impressed me most was how well the island works, the water stayed smooth all day. I can't wait till all the obstacles are in.

A-Dub, were you the one riding the rasta watson? If so, you were rippin up the box.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-06-2009, 12:18 PM Reply   
Thanks A-dub, looks really nice, stoked for you guys.
Old     (tommmyd)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-06-2009, 2:30 PM Reply   
Man place looks rad that redbull rail looks super fun... I will be flying over in the next month or so... any locals know of a cheap place to stay near by, camp, crash, motel? Thanks
Old     (spinner_x)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-06-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
It looks like it's in a real cool area too. Right by a park and what not.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-06-2009, 3:51 PM Reply   
Looks awesome, looks to have the advantage of good tree coverage, on top of having the island in the middle, to keep the water smooth. Can't wait to make it down there.

I talked to one of the guys from WN a few days ago and he said they were gonna have four obstacles put in by or around this weekend: kicker, funbox, dragon and rooftop. So will there be 5 or was he referring to the redbull one when he said rooftop? If not, when's the rooftop supposed to go in?

(Message edited by wakeborder5 on May 06, 2009)
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-06-2009, 6:07 PM Reply   
The rooftop rail is the redbull one. The kicker may be the one in the background, not sure though..

Upload
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-07-2009, 6:06 AM Reply   
The redbull is the rooftop, and that is not the kicker. It is in such an amazing location, soccer fields all around, parks, softball fields, people flying remote airplanes. I actually started getting into some soccer games while doing the walk of shame. An atmosphere like no other.
Old     (spinner_x)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-07-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
I can't wait to head down in a few days. If anyone else is going to be there let me know!
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-07-2009, 11:04 AM Reply   
Haha, That's my buddy Bryan sliding the Redbull rooftoop. Nice picture!
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-07-2009, 1:22 PM Reply   
I just got back from WN, and it's awesome. The rooftop still is not in, but the kicker is. They tried it out and said there were minor stability problems. Should have it out soon.
I have never ridden cable before today. Landed first jump off the kicker, and ate sheat one every other attempt. I hit the fun box a ton, but I didn't attempt the up rail....I don't think I was ready. Maybe next time.

Oh yeah water was warm enough to trunk it...probably upper 60's maybe 70.
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-07-2009, 6:13 PM Reply   
Wow your rails look fun guys I know a bunch of us down here working at McCormicks can't wait to come up for nationals! Keep the photos coming!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-07-2009, 7:31 PM Reply   
one week and counting till i'm there for the week...looking forward to sets in the AM and PM...YES!!!
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-07-2009, 10:09 PM Reply   
The redbull rail was from our OSU spring wake up call contest this past weekend. It needed a little TLC before being functional again, it was starting to come apart and needed more caulk on it, the angles on it are kinda weird ..
Old     (pa_nautique)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-08-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
Well were going to head to wakenation tomorrow. cant wait. drive is going to b about 5hrs to get there.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-08-2009, 2:12 PM Reply   
I'll be there either tomorrow or Sunday. Drive safe
Old     (pa_nautique)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-08-2009, 7:16 PM Reply   
cool, ill be riding a white/orange tfd, with byerly bindings and looking like a total newb cause its our first time at a cable. Be sure to say high if you see me.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-08-2009, 7:53 PM Reply   
Place looks good, can't wait to go there.
Old     (gangster_wake)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-08-2009, 9:34 PM Reply   
I'll be there tomorow.. I'll have a X-Star there on display. We will have our sales office set up there by the end of the week..(Cincinnati Mastercraft) They had the red bull slider up front working on it. I don't know if it will be ready for Sat and Sun.
Old     (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-19-2009, 10:25 AM Reply   
Any updates on the sliders in the water at Wake Nation? (is the rooftop back in, any others?)

A group of us from Pittsburgh were thinking of coming down for the weekend since our other Rail Jam got canceled because of flooding.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-19-2009, 11:09 AM Reply   
There is a WN group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=21382249481&ref=nf

Here's a quote from one of the owners, Peter, from a few days ago: "We will have a transitional kicker in the water tomorrow. It's a replica of the transitional kicker from TSR. TSR shipped it to us a couple days ago. We are working on a 52 ft. flat rail that's about 4 ft. tall. We should have it sheeted tomorrow and in the water by saturday. We are also building a 70 transfer box. This will be in the water by the end of May. Hope to see you down here."

But when I was down there, they told me they were gonna modify the rooftop, most likely by adding a flat section in the middle.
Old    steelethis            05-20-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
thumbs up for the transfer box. they are going to bring riders from all over having a transfer box. the place is legit, we keep driving up from Louisville and staying till dark. Good times. WN should take suggestions for something cool out on the island. Rumor has it goats may be a solution to avoid barging a mower out there
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-20-2009, 9:43 AM Reply   
I'll be there June 8 thru 12.

First time on a cable.

I was planning on shipping my boat out for the summer from CA. I bought a summer house in N. KY last year and now I dont see the need to move the boat out for just 3 months. Can't believe this thing is in our back yard.

The only bummer is my 8 year old can't ride there yet.
Old     (osu_bcky1)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-20-2009, 10:24 AM Reply   
Pete posted a flyer up here yesterday for the grand opening but looks like the powers that be took it down for some reason. Anyway does anyone know how to get advanced tickets...do you have to go the shop to get em?
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-20-2009, 10:44 AM Reply   
The grand opening flyer post has been moved to the wake events listing.Their phone # is on the flyer give em a call bout advance tix.

(Message edited by wakebrdjay on May 20, 2009)

(Message edited by wakebrdjay on May 20, 2009)
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-20-2009, 11:08 AM Reply   
Search for their website. I know you could download a discount coupon there. Not sure if you can purchase tickets.
Old     (gangster_wake)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-20-2009, 9:18 PM Reply   
www.cincywake.com