Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       08-07-2013, 12:16 AM Reply   
I did a few times many years ago. I'm going in a couple weeks but I'm worried that because its just a big mass that the water will be choppy as can be. Anyone board there? Any advice? Earrrrly am or evening? Any particular parts of the lake smoother than others?

Seeing as we are celebrating a friend being home I'm pretty sure am is out of the question...
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-07-2013, 5:01 AM Reply   
I've been three times for long weekends. We have never gotten anything close to "good water" but the best has been early over by the dam.

I can say for certain that its where we have had our roughest water.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-07-2013, 5:13 AM Reply   
You may find this link useful in planning what time of day to get out:

http://www.windalert.com/en-us/Searc...40.241,-121.10
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-11-2013, 10:32 AM Reply   
I have a house on the peninsula and just got back from a week vacation there. Had epic water all week. You have to ride in the morning though. We always ride back along the shoreline by the big uphill grade coming out of Chester. Usually nobody there until 10 or so. It is shallow back there so just keep an eye out. You can also go to Goose Bay which is across the lake on the West shore near the Chester airport. There is a back bay and water is pretty much always good there unless its real windy and the yahoos stay out of there. Most boaters have no idea what they are doing on Almanor.
Old     (keylay10)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-11-2013, 11:27 PM Reply   
The wind for the most part comes off the west shore in the evenings so head over there. Even on windy evenings it will be glass over there. Just pay attention to where the wind is coming from and hug whatever shoreline it is coming off of. We spend a lot of time off the peninsula outside of rec 1 around 7pm