Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-06-2012, 4:09 PM Reply   
Anyone know who runs this?

www.wakezeach.com is a site dedicated to talking **** about wakeboarders. Nice eh?
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-06-2012, 4:41 PM Reply   
It's calling out pro's who let their standard of riding down. It's not just to talk ****. Wakeboarding is both a sport and an art form, many of you praised Randall and he pretty much said the same thing. CARE about the way you do your tricks. The more a rider cares and prefects his style the better it will get.

To me the site is spot on. Yeah it should be laughed at and not taken too seriously but at the same time it makes the point that many wakeboarders are sloppy with their tricks. If you look to other boardsports (I know many on here hate the comparison to other sports) the pros aren't sloppy. They care, and for some that is the reason they are pro.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-06-2012, 4:42 PM Reply   
^ I don't know who runs it but I'd like to shake his hand.
Old     (Joehekler)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-06-2012, 4:48 PM Reply   
What Randall said made him sound like a real tool. Not everyone will have the same opinion of what looks good and what doesn't, whats the proper way to do a trick and whats not. Wakeboarding is a hobby. You're still being pulled by a rope and for that reason will always be looked at as less legitimate. To each his own. Less critique, more fun!
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-06-2012, 4:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahhh View Post
If you look to other boardsports (I know many on here hate the comparison to other sports) the pros aren't sloppy. They care, and for some that is the reason they are pro.
I beg to differ, on the simple point that wakezeach is a knockoff of harshzeachtoscorpion,com, the snowboarding version run by Bode Merrill and co. But at least they put their name behind their site and stand up for what they say.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-06-2012, 5:12 PM Reply   
I actually find it kind of comical.

Nintzel did some research the last time someone posted about this site.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791785

DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: WAKEZEACH.COM
Created on: 18-Dec-11
Expires on: 18-Dec-12
Last Updated on: 18-Dec-11

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration WAKEZEACH.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains By Proxy, LLC
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Technical Contact:
Private, Registration WAKEZEACH.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains By Proxy, LLC
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       09-06-2012, 5:14 PM Reply   
For a lot of people, riding a board is a hobby and it's fine if they want to do something just to do it (landing a trick or whatever). For someone who is paid and is supposed to be at the top of their game, they should care. Every board sport has gone through their growing stages to have the standards be so high. I think wake has had to accelerate their standards because the precedent has been set by snowboarding and skateboarding. And riders have worked for years to get riding to the point where style mattered more than what you did (that separation from the wateski mentality).

And it really doesn't matter if people hate the comparison to other board sports because the bottom line is we are apart of board sports that borrow a lot from other board sports. The comparisson WILL be there whether you want it or not.

I will add I'm not a full on follower--some stuff is funny and some of it, he tries too hard. But i understand wanting people to care more.

Last edited by electricsnow; 09-06-2012 at 5:24 PM.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-06-2012, 6:48 PM Reply   
Alright, so how many pro riders would you say actual care about this standard, and live by it? 1? Because every one of the top riders is grabbing slob when they spin, grabbing Nuke, and doing all of this things that a very small sample of people frown upon.

That site calls out Dowdy for not grabbing, when he's throwing 9s, kgb5s and KGB7s. Progressing the sport! So he shouldn't learn those tricks if he can't grab them out of the gate? Did Byerly land each new spin with a grab the first time? should he just be doing grabbed backside 180s in the flats like everyone else.

It seems a little ridiculous. And irritating.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       09-06-2012, 6:57 PM Reply   
That site is straight f*kn comedy
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-06-2012, 8:29 PM Reply   
I dont know why people give a flying turd what other people think about their riding. If you are winning contests and some cash, cool. If you are not a contest rider and are making some cash, cool. If this is your hobby, and you want to grab tindy, cool. Ride for money, ride for fun, or do both. Stop worrying about what other people say or think. Everyone is so focused on what other people may think about them or their riding, or if they should name their boat. Who cares?! Do what you want, and enjoy your career, hobby, life, etc.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-06-2012, 9:23 PM Reply   
i think its great.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       09-06-2012, 11:53 PM Reply   
As said above, this seems to be a rip from snowboarding. I will say though that the guys that run harshzeachtoscorpion have posted funny pictures of themselves from time to time. Overall, they're just doing it to joke around vs really being serious. I guess there is a little bit of truth in every joke though..

Not sure what the intentions are of WakeZeach, but I'll take it as comedy vs really trying to put anyone down. In that sense, it is pretty hilarious.
Old     (sideswipeproductions)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-07-2012, 1:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Alright, so how many pro riders would you say actual care about this standard, and live by it?
Not enough, but they're out there. Maybe wakeboarding is a hobby for Joehekler, but for others it's something they've devoted their lives to and they think deeply about it. They're the ones who generally stand up and take notice of what someone like Randall has to say on the matter.

I've heard that wakezeach guy is some Canadian kid who used to judge at IWSF comps (Clearly a shining bastion for style in wakeboarding)
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-07-2012, 9:11 PM Reply   
This site gets a thread every few weeks. Boring.
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       09-07-2012, 9:39 PM Reply   
I would almost bet money that GQ (aka Cisco) runs that site. If anyone on here remembers him he started the wakenewsonly site and the style is very similar bw the two (very comical character too btw). Anyways, just who I think it is. Entertaining site tho none the less.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-08-2012, 12:31 PM Reply   
Yeah like Bryce said I did some research once on the site trying to see who was running it. At the time the site and CISCO really were under my skin. I am over it.

I think for some of us that have been wakeboarding since the beginning, back when it was Skurfing, we take the site and people like that way too seriously. I know for myself, I used to have to defend wakeboarding to all the hardcore slalom, trick, and jumpers back in the day. Nothing like going to a contest in the early 90's and having it be a 3-event contest, but yet they "let" us wakeboarders and kneedboards ride as well. Behind the slalom boat, write down your run, and get points for evey trick. So when people discredit wakeboarding I typically go right into captain defendo mode. I am over that now. I think the site is just plan ridiculous and refuse to buy into that mentality. For me someone calling someone else out for how they ride, grab, spin, and what kinda boardshort they have is ust asinine. Especially when the person cannot even come close to doing the tricks they are calling out. But that's just me, and I am cool with that.

That said, I am heading to the lake to grab my fs 540's slob and take my nuke grabs to blind! And just or wakezeach.com I might have to intentionally do some tindy grabs today!
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-08-2012, 12:56 PM Reply   
I grabbed roast beef today... .sorry. I also did a non legit stale fish... double sorry. But i was wearing boardies over my full suit < its just my style
Old     (grantw)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-12-2012, 2:03 PM Reply   
Meet your Zeach God

Someone else did some super sleuthing and figured this out. He changed wakezeech.com to private registration after word got out that he had been busted.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-12-2012, 2:18 PM Reply   
I SAW SLOB GRABS AND IT WAS ZEACH CITY!!!
we have a hypocrit.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-12-2012, 2:22 PM Reply   
Isn't "Zeeching" on the rails when you're half way between board and 50/50? Because I saw some of that going on in that video. Just saying. And, he didn't even grab his KGB. Shame shame!
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-12-2012, 3:15 PM Reply   
If you're really curious about the origin of zeaching, look it up on www.yobeat.com, there was an article on there a little while ago. Or look up Zach Leach (sp?) on any semi-legit snowboarding site. Basically a dude trying to do skateboard tricks on a snowboard and it didn't work out so well (as evidenced by this thread).
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-12-2012, 3:50 PM Reply   
i think he should embrace the post and roll with it!!! its awesome.... the guy shreds. as for 3 year old footy..... it's old. its clear he was young and confused at the time.... i mean hes riding a jd webb hyperlite board. nothing says troubled confused youth like that!!! lol. he started the site less than a year ago..... call it a personal awakening of sorts...

skate and snow publications, producers, photogs, media and pros have for the most part figured it out..... wake will prob be 10 years behind as usual. good job burwell.

cant wait to check more posts..... consider it bookmarked.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-12-2012, 5:40 PM Reply   
It really is funny that Mr. Burwell puts it upon himself to criticize others riding. Wakeboarding should be a personal expression, not what someone else or some other sport wants it to be. Do your own thing and enjoy yourself while you do it.

That being said, get radical, pre spin like crazy just make sure you call the trick what it is. Generally somewhere between 180-270° less than you wish to claim.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-12-2012, 7:49 PM Reply   
do your own thing just have some standards..... thats been a staple in surf, skate and then snow for years. some people get by doing an "alright" job or "just enough".... others reach for the top and do things the proper way.....for those that dont get it.... all good...some dont.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-12-2012, 7:50 PM Reply   
this is why i love logging into wakeworld once in a while...... thanks dwight for the heads up on this post.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       09-13-2012, 5:47 AM Reply   
I have been accused a few times of running that site, but nope. Not me.
I kind of like the site actually, and even some of the commentary.
It's pretty clear what his opinions are and who he does admire in the sport (Schwenne, Lidberg) - and also clear who he doesn't admire (Errington, Ruck). I wish he'd write longer posts actually. There is one post where a kid is on a fun box, 50/50'ing with the front rail dug all the way in and he's doing that stupid tippy-toe slide thing with his heels up, the rope is pointing almost straight up - and the caption is just ".....yep." As that is one of my biggest pet peeves personally, I wish he had written at least a paragraph on how stupid that is. Like, how that shows almost everything that bothers me about cable is in one easy to digest picture. Everyone has a right to their own editorial style, their own comments and their own opinions. The site doesn't bother me. I can't do half the s#it he's calling zeaching anyway - some of it still looks cool despite him slamming it. Like the Mitch Langfield cover.

Last edited by juniorhawk; 09-13-2012 at 5:55 AM.