Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Ryan123)      Join Date: May 2010       06-03-2011, 9:34 PM Reply   
So I got a job recently, and have some money and want to get more fat sacs for my boat. We have Mastercraft Prostar 205 (its direct drive, not V drive), 1994 i think. Anyways currently all we have is one 650lb fat sac that we put were the rear seat would be but could be moved to anywhere else if it needs to.

I was just wondering if i have about $350, possibly more if my parents chip in, what size bags should i be looking at and were should we place them in the boat to get a really nice, large, hittable wake? Also Id like it so if we rearranged them we could use them for wake surfing.

Also, If anyone has the Fat seat ( the one with the arms that wrap around the engine housing) can you some how fold one arm under so only the port side fills for surfing?

I posted on another non wakeboarding forum and they steered me towards the 260 set (each one is 260lbs) to go on either side of the engine, but I thought I should ask the experts

Oh if i do that set up should i get the ski locker sac to go into the.... well....ski locker?

Any help would be appreciated
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-05-2011, 11:39 PM Reply   
I don't think you want to fill up a fatseat (with the backrest and arms) all the way with that boat. I had one of those in my old 96' Tige direct drive, and I almost put the back end under water filling that sac all the way up (and that was standing still).

A pair of V-drive Fly High Pros (400 lbs each) are probably the best value out there and they are pretty versatile. Does your 205 have any rear locker? I used to run a pair of v-drive sacs in my old 99 Air (DD) for wakeboarding plus a 380 in the ski locker. If I wanted to surf, I'd add another v-drive sac to the surf side and empty most of the opposite side 400.
Old     (2008moomba)      Join Date: May 2011       06-05-2011, 11:43 PM Reply   
For the price, this deal cannot be beat.

http://moomba.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=15077
Old     (Ryan123)      Join Date: May 2010       06-07-2011, 2:49 PM Reply   
Alright so the fat couch is out.

So should I go for the 2 260s + my 650 lb one in the back, or the 400s + my 650 in the back,

and should I put one in my ski locker?

whats doing to be the best for the wake?

Thanks!!
Old    sperbet            06-07-2011, 3:20 PM Reply   
I'd recommend a bag for the bow
Old     (Ryan123)      Join Date: May 2010       06-12-2011, 3:39 PM Reply   
Dan that's an excellent deal, but I already have the tsunumi pump, so I don't really want to buy another, and I'm not sure if they use the same interface to connect to the bags.

And how much weight would you say in the bow? I was just figuring that since that's the only seating room now, I'd just use people for ballast in the bow.

Still not sure if I should go 400s on sides or 260 on sides, and if I should put one in ski locker (under the walk through) or not.
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-13-2011, 5:52 AM Reply   
Best way to weight a direct drive is putting sacs beside the motor box. This way you can add more weight to the front or back to shape the wake. I run 750lbs. on each side of the box, 180lbs. in the bow and 210lbs. in the back . Rule of thumb for a direct drive is a 40/60 ratio (front/back).
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       06-13-2011, 6:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan123 View Post
Dan that's an excellent deal, but I already have the tsunumi pump, so I don't really want to buy another,
When you get above the 2 sac mark it really starts to take a long time to get all of your ballast full. When I was filling 5 bags it was taking 25+ minutes. The ability to have someone else on your crew filling bags at the same time can be a real time saver.

Assuming you ended up with another brand of pump through a used sale you can make just about any of them fit the fly high bags with the appropriate fittings from wakemakers. I just modified a StraightLine pump with new FlyHigh fittings and the 1" premium ballast hose.