Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-26-2007, 7:01 AM Reply   
After looking at the specs of both the Team and Trip they look to be almost the identical board. The only difference is the Team has removable outside fins and the Trip has molded fins. What other difference am I missing?
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-26-2007, 7:19 AM Reply   
I will get my Trip pretty soon and currently ride the Team. The rep told me they are similar rides and the Trip has a different spine on the bottom for softer landings in the flats and the edges are not as sharp. Should have similar speed and tracking.
Old    stillstandin            04-26-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
I just recently got the new trip. I havent ridden the team, I use to ride a 03 Belmont. I have ridden a fair share of boards. The new trip is the smoothest board I have ever ridden. Very fast, great pop.
Old     (kid_a)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-26-2007, 7:58 AM Reply   
I ride a LF Balance that has the same removeable cupped fins. I love the way it grabs on edge and releases on any surface tricks. A few places still have the LF balance from 2005 i think still available for pretty cheap. Tige in corona might have a couple if you want to get similar board at a better price. I'd go with the Team otherwise because of the cupped fins.
Old     (factory)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-26-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
the trip and the team are pretty much the same board. the trip just has molded in outter fins and more defined double concave for a softer landing.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-09-2007, 10:03 AM Reply   
I just got my Trip 134 and I currently ride the Team 134. The Trip felt almost like the same board, seemed to have a little better pop and softer landings as I had hoped. I have transits on my team and I put Shane CT on the trip and that combination is noticably lighter than the team. I would definitely recommend the trip for riders that hit the flats on a regular basis.
Old     (freshtracks)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-09-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
Is the Trip a faster board than the Team?
I have been looking at the Trip as well, I weigh around 150-155, what size would you guys recommend? The board specs say I should go to a 134, but what about a 138? Would a bigger size hold me back so to speak? I hear a lot of guys going to a bit bigger board. Thanks.

(Message edited by freshtracks on May 09, 2007)
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-09-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
Dan,
I weigh about 160 and I like the 134, I always ride into the flats and it is one of the softest landing boards I have ridden. I know everyone has their preference and riding style, so that is just my opinion. I can not tell a difference in speed between the team or trip. If you have ever ridden the watson, the team and trip is faster imo. It is your call on the length, I rode both the 134 and 139 team, I just liked the shorter board for spinning and the landings between the two seemed the same.
Old     (freshtracks)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-09-2007, 3:39 PM Reply   
Thanks Jim.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-09-2007, 7:39 PM Reply   
Everyone listen very carefully, YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG WITH A LIQUID FORCE TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-09-2007, 9:16 PM Reply   
I just found this!!!!

2006 LF Team for $149 shipped!

http://www.evogear.com/outlet/wakeboards/liquid-force-team-wakeboard-2006.aspx
Old     (freshtracks)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-09-2007, 11:50 PM Reply   
That is a great deal. So, is the new trip worth the extra coin then?
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-10-2007, 12:51 AM Reply   
That's a tough price to beat... I don't think you will have regrets either way you go, it's the pocket books choice.
Old     (agaubrey)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-10-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
I can't believe I'm doing this but this topic is way to relevant for me to resist. I have riden the team off and on for three years and love it to death. Today, I'm riding the trip 142. Both boards are great. The MAJOR diff tho is rocker. The team has a tenth of a cm less rocker than the trip. This seems minor but the length difference makes that change greater than one would imagine. Thus, the trip having more rocker will allow for more pop while taking away from the speed slightly. If you're bombing the wake, I'd go with the team. And if you're a bit more passive, but still charge it, the trip will be cool too. You can't go wrong either way.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-10-2007, 10:03 AM Reply   
whoa! an aubrey sighting!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-10-2007, 2:20 PM Reply   
I am on the 143 TEAM and just grabbed a trip and the witness to try out. Seems like the Trip should just have a hair more pop and softer landings than the team. Several guys have raved about the witness, so I am checking it out.

Besides if it can make me do double grabbed 540's like Aaron, I'll ride what he is riding!