Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-23-2011, 5:33 PM Reply   
This guy has a pretty sweet tatto of Leviticus 18:22. Too bad he stopped reading short of Leviticus 19:28 - “Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord."
Attached Images

Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-23-2011, 5:47 PM Reply   
Wait!? What?! You mean we can't pick and choose what parts of the bible we like...............
Old     (WaterBullDawg)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-25-2011, 7:27 AM Reply   
I am not sure if I understand your point. You do understand that the Book of Leviticus is an Old Testament book about old laws that for the most part no longer apply since Christ died on the cross right? If you believe everything in OT as current law, then I hope you are still sacrificing goats as well. Read through Hebrews (or maybe Romans) and it talks about the importance of abolishing the old laws.

Either way, pretty dumb tattoo regardless.
Old    SamIngram            05-25-2011, 10:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
This guy has a pretty sweet tatto of Leviticus 18:22. Too bad he stopped reading short of Leviticus 19:28 - “Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord."
I think that you should probably study your bible a little more... and maybe pay attention to the context of what you are reading...

I'm to tired to try to explain it, but this pretty well explains it...
Leviticus 19:26-31 deals with pagan practices and God's prohibitions against adopting those practices. In verse 28, God is warning the Jewish people about a pagan practice at funerals, where pagans would mutilate/mark themselves to appease their false gods. The pagans hoped that by cutting themselves and marking images/symbols of idols on their bodies, that they would obtain favour in the afterlife from their false gods, both for themselves and for those who just died.

WaterBullDawg has it right... old law vs. new law..
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-25-2011, 10:31 AM Reply   
Guys - Scripture out of context is a common theme on Wakeworld. Nice responses but just know this is a bit and it isn't anybody actually seeking truth or trying to understand the context of the scriptures.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-25-2011, 7:42 PM Reply   
Sambone you are the last person I expected to pull for cultural relativism. I feel you on being too tired to explain anything at all.
Old    SamIngram            05-25-2011, 9:47 PM Reply   
IMO all tattoos are dumb. I don't have any, therefore I'm an individual.

I don't think young people realize how they are limiting themselves in business by getting neck, face, and hand tattoos. In a lot of industries old people do the hiring and firing and sign the checks and will discriminate against them. Right or wrong, it will happen.

A tattoo in the wrong place will define you in the eyes of others. Additionally when I start robbing banks I don't want to be easily identifiable.

As far as the message of the tattoo I think it's crazy. I think homosexuality is wrong and is a choice, but I can't see the need to tell everyone what I think all the time. As long as people leave me alone, they can do whatever they want and I won't shoot them.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-26-2011, 1:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIngram View Post
I think homosexuality is wrong and is a choice.....
Well if you think you could find a guy attractive by choosing too then sorry to tell you, your gay.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-26-2011, 7:37 AM Reply   
"As long as people leave me alone, they can do whatever they want and I won't shoot them. "

haha nice.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-26-2011, 7:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
I don't think young people realize how they are limiting themselves in business by getting neck, face, and hand tattoos. In a lot of industries old people do the hiring and firing and sign the checks and will discriminate against them. Right or wrong, it will happen.
depends on who you work for. im not an old guy, but i own a business that employs 100+ people. do i have tattoos? yes. are they visable? no. do i do the hiring and firing? you bet. and people that disregard accomplishing the goal they were hired to do to, only to judge others for their appearence, are usually the first to get the boot.
Old    SamIngram            05-26-2011, 10:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
"As long as people leave me alone, they can do whatever they want and I won't shoot them. "

haha nice.
Was that a yes or a no?
Old     (jason_b)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-26-2011, 12:22 PM Reply   
I find it pretty damn sad that a dude can take the time, energy, and money to place anti-gay messages on his body. Seriously? You have nothing better to do with those resources? How sad is this person's life that he feels the need to publicly decry homosexuality? Homophobia is often a sign of homosexual repression.....just sayin. I'd be willing to bet this same azz clown would be first in line for a f/m/f sandwich--homosexuality in the biblical sense transcends gender, 2 females is just as wrong as 2 males.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-26-2011, 12:34 PM Reply   
According to his arm, F/M/F is still ok.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-26-2011, 12:49 PM Reply   
Yes, John refers to the so-called Golden Rule exception to Leviticus, spoketh by prophets Andy and JT in their message to the Gallileans, carefully reconstructed below:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/243571/sat...he-golden-rule
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-27-2011, 3:16 PM Reply   
That was damn funny..... "you still here?""".....LOL