Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (rjevnick)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-28-2013, 7:59 AM Reply   
I'm 5'9'' and 150 lbs and I currently ride a phase 5 prop 54". I'd consider myself an intermediate rider and I'm looking for a board that will give me bigger airs so I can begin to land some more difficult arial tricks. I also have a 58" liquid force custom that mainly others ride, would this be a better board for airs etc? I've looked at possibly an inland surfer black pearl or maybe step up to the phase 5 danielo pro or danielo diamond. Im looking for a board that will give me more speed and bigger airs without sacrificing the ability to spin on the surface of the wave. Thanks any replies are greatly appreciated.
Old     (rjevnick)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-28-2013, 8:01 AM Reply   
Im riding behind a Malibu MXZ 24 on a medium to large sized wake and it turns out the liquid force custom mention above is 60'' not 58''.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-28-2013, 9:36 AM Reply   
If staying with skim style, you can go shorter/smaller, which will be, all things considered equal, lighter and more nimble. Consider a P5-DP or Inland KF, in a shorter size than you are currently riding. You might also consider practicing airs with a properly equiped surf style board. Most of the best riders, ride both surf and skim style to help them work through tricks. I am not a big fan of hybrids, that is they really aren't hybrids, but basically skim board with slightly increased rockers and bigger fins.