Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    devastate            03-16-2004, 4:12 AM Reply   
is there any? cause my frend was hitting ramps on her brand new board last weekend and afterwards there were scratches all over the bottom of it. i know for almost all other board-sports they use wax, can you use this on wakeboards? if so wat kind? or does everyone have scratches on the underneath of their boards? cause a pro showed up with a Byerly 137 and he was hitting all th ramps too... i'm about to buy one o them and yeah, i dont wanna F*ck it up...
any help much appreciated.

Cheers

John
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-16-2004, 8:25 AM Reply   
uh, wax for other board sports is not for scratch problems. If you use your board on sliders or ramps you are going to scratch it up. Pros get boards for free, so he does not care much if his gets scratched up.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-17-2004, 3:50 AM Reply   
Yes we have scratches on our boards, some chips and cracks too. Alot of people have one cheap board for sliders and a nice one for wakeriding.

Also about your last responce, I think its a little out of line calling him a smartass. He has no idea where you're from or that it was on a cable. For all he knows you could be living in orlando and talking about scott himself. Pro's usually do get their boards free or very cheap through one sponsor or another.

(Message edited by kristian on March 17, 2004)
Old    devastate            03-17-2004, 3:56 AM Reply   
Thanks for the reply, yeah m just a bit pissd off today, my point was that he didnt have a sponsor. but yeah anyway thanx for the info, does it make any difference to riding if you have scratches? i saw one board with its fins (the molded in ones) ground down almost to the board itself. lol scared me tho, i dont want that to happen!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-17-2004, 4:24 AM Reply   
A few scatches you won't notice much differance. If you scratch it alot (like my last board), to the point of it being all grey and gunky. It slows down alot, doesn't cut through the water as cleanly. Molded fins will wear down or even break off. If you're only going to be riding cable, id suggest buying a cheaper board, like an old premier, and not worry about it. I have an Origin skull with a P-tex base (same as a snowboard) and they hold up great to sliders.
Old    sk8joe01            03-17-2004, 5:21 AM Reply   
  FYI John O, you said a pro showed up, then in a different posting you said he wasn't sponsored. Well the deffinition of pro (or professional) is someone who does somthing for a living, so he would have to be sponsord. Or by pro did you just mean really good?
<br>&nbsp; And about sliders, your best bet would be to go with somthing with a realitivly smooth base made of somthing like ptex. Like kristian said, thats waht they use in snowboard bases and its repairable if you take a chunk out of it.
Old    sk8joe01            03-17-2004, 5:23 AM Reply   
oops, sorry bout the exposed code in that last response. guess this site dosn't support that script...