Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (lake_side)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-13-2004, 11:20 AM Reply   
retiring from sking and trying to find out which board would fit me best.I'm 5'10" and weight 160 no experience boarding at all.Currently I have a CWB prodigy 140 Rob Struharik new from last year.Will be buying a new one in next couple of weeks what is best board to try to ride.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-13-2004, 12:04 PM Reply   
that board sounds like it'd suit you fine to me
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-13-2004, 12:13 PM Reply   
That board is great for you! If you don't want it, ill take it off your hands
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-13-2004, 12:15 PM Reply   
There is no best board. As Harry said, that board sounds good for you. but if you want to try a new one, and like how your current one rides, have a look at the new prodigy. If not, tell us what you are looking for, what you like or dislike about your current board. There's alot of really nice bords out there.
Old     (lake_side)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-13-2004, 12:41 PM Reply   
Still going to buy new board,I know there is no best board just wanting to find one that is a little more forgiving for beginner.Hopefully will get good enough to tell the difference between different styles.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-13-2004, 1:37 PM Reply   
thing is, if you've been skiing all your life, u should pick up wakeboarding pretty quick, all the top boarders started out skiing and then just swapped, u'll find that you learn to cut into the wake properly etc etc.

Another point that I'll quickly make, is that if i'm right, u'll just want to move up to a better board so u may end up waisting a bit of cash that u can spend on fuel for more riding
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-13-2004, 2:00 PM Reply   
I agree if your a beginner i think the prodigy 140 is a great board to ride and no need to upgrade even after you pick up the sport..id keep the board and make sure you have some really good bindings so your comfortable riding ..

id spend the money on something else ,maybe some learning videos ie Detention 1/2 and Higher education on DVD .Also some local lessons to get used to wakeboarding.once you figure out what your style of riding is then you will know if you need a new board or not.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-14-2004, 8:42 PM Reply   
Look for something a little wider and that has a rounded tip/tail, they are more forgiving. Also check the rails, too thin and the board will edge very aggressively, same goes for bottom features, too aggressive(ie. hooked rails, multiple fins, etc) might be too much for you at the beginning. My favorite all time teaching board is the Hyperlite Motive, such a good board to learn on. Welcome to the club.
Old    dinker            03-14-2004, 9:11 PM Reply   
I would say demo Shaun Murrays new temet i just got one andits awesome its the kinda board that you can ride and learn on and then not have to go out and buy a new board it fits beginners to pros i think i will be riding this one for a long time