Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-18-2007, 8:35 PM Reply   
So my wife and I offered to clean my buddies boat while he went out of town. Yep, it was all just to say thanks for the pulls over the last two summers. We've always paid for gas and helped clean up when the boat came out of the water, but we decided this was a good way to say that we appreciate him.
This is a 2001 Calabria Pro V that needed an over haul! 6 hours of elbow grease on the boat and an hour of waxing love on the trailer and you can see your reflection!
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-18-2007, 8:48 PM Reply   
You guy's kick a$$. Great way to say THANKS.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       09-18-2007, 8:56 PM Reply   
WOW!! i wish i had friends like you! i have a hard enough time getting some of my buddies to help me wipe down after we ride, sometimes they just watch! still love 'em though...you guys do know how to show your appreciation, i bet your buddy will be in pure awe of how his rig can STILL shine!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-18-2007, 8:59 PM Reply   
Josh I wish I had some friends like you guys... Great job, nothing means more to a boat owner than respectfull people like you guys. That would have brought a tear to my eye...
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-18-2007, 9:18 PM Reply   
Aaron, Eder, and Nu bu ~~ Thank you all for the kind words and yes I think this is all that I'm looking for after a weekend chemicals and a sore arm. My whole family has a passion for boating and this is a way to prove it. My boy now eight said "dad I feel good for doing this for Ryan." Brooks was out there with us to put his elbow into it and gave what it has taken to get this done. Brooks even talked with his little sister on how you don't wear your shoes on the boat, no matter what. I can't wait till it is our time to invest!
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-18-2007, 9:20 PM Reply   
Looks great!! Classy move....
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-18-2007, 9:23 PM Reply   
Maximum respect. Good people like you make wakeboarding worth while.

Give your bud an upper cut for letting his boat getting so out of shape!
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       09-18-2007, 9:30 PM Reply   
WOW YOU GUYS ARE TOTALLY AWESOME! All of my friends will help with gas but when they come by the next day to pick up their gear and i am cleaning the boat for hours all thet say is "its looking good". we need more people like the two of you out on the lake.
Old     (mikerod29)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-18-2007, 9:34 PM Reply   
can I adopt you all, I will pull you no questions asked, anytime, just let me know when your in NOR * CAL
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-18-2007, 10:29 PM Reply   
I only wish my friends would step up and do something like that. You two are definitely true friends and are true friends not lake friends.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       09-19-2007, 4:15 AM Reply   
Wow! big props.. what a really great gesture!
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-19-2007, 6:03 AM Reply   
Another (Pro-V) owner here giving props to great friends/crew. I have friends like you guys, and it's appreciated more than you think.

Props to you and your wife, thanks to Crash (my crew, who will likely see this thread), and encouragement to all the other guests out there who ride with others and could do the same.

BUT...tell that guy to take better care of his Pro-V!

(Message edited by mammoth on September 19, 2007)
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-19-2007, 6:53 AM Reply   
NICE Josh.........
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-19-2007, 7:03 AM Reply   
Josh, great job! You deserve to own that boat, not the guy that let it get like that in the first place...
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-19-2007, 7:36 AM Reply   
That's a lot of work. Aside from repaying the kindness of your friends you also showed your little ones life lessons and spent a productive day as a family.
I'm glad you posted. Upload
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2007, 7:37 AM Reply   
Can I pull you guys behind my boat!!!!

I know everyone is slamming your buddy for letting his boat get in the shape it was in, but it IS a 2001 model, and it doesn't look like a trailer queen! Sometimes life gets in the way of our intentions. I would be interested to see how many hours are on his boat! It's looks well maintained, just in need of a deep cleaning that you guys provided!!!
As a parent, I can only say that the lesson you just taught your kids is one that should be mandatory for everyone on this planet!!
I know for sure that the next time I see some bratty kids runnning around expecting everything to be handed to them with no intention of doing anything for it themselves, they certainly won't be YOUR kids!!!!!!
Way to go, and thanks for being decent, appreciative people!

(Message edited by SummerObsession on September 19, 2007)
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-19-2007, 8:06 AM Reply   
Very nice work it turned out great! Your buddy must have been outta his head when he saw it, I would have been near tears if a friend of mine did all that work to show their appreciation. Throwing gas money at someone is easy but taking a whole day of your life to clean the hell outta of a boat isn't. Hopefully he works a little to keep it that way.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-19-2007, 8:24 AM Reply   
I think every person who rides in other peoples' boats should see this. That boat looks great. Wish my crew would do the same.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-19-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
Does your wife have a sister?

Mucho Props to you guys.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-19-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
Don't get me wrong you guys did a fantastic job cleaning the boat but as an owner I would never let my boat get that dirty in the first place. I am always going around with a towel wiping every thing down. I brought my boat home in the middle of summer and gave it a mid season clean.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-19-2007, 9:44 AM Reply   
Damn you guys are awesome it's damn near impossible to even get gas money from any of my friends . . . Good Job
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-19-2007, 9:57 AM Reply   
Wow, thanks to everybody that has posted their thoughts on this. My family and I are very proud of our work that has been done to this boat. For a 2001 this boat is in very good shape with only 250 + hours on it. We have spent quite a few hours in this boat since he has moved here last year. Heck like I said my boy learned to ride behind this boat! Not to mention with the right weight this boat throws one fun wake out the back. Thanks to everybody again! He was due back in town yesterday but I still have not heard from him,so he still has not seen the boat.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-19-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
Wow, what a great way to love your friends. Thanks for sharing! Now tell your buddy to keep it clean!
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-19-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
AtTheLake.....Beat me to it....

Nice Job Guys, very Classy....

Sean
Old    aztaco            09-19-2007, 3:09 PM Reply   
Nicely done Josh. Hit me up with a PM if you ever need a pull. I am always looking for a reliable (non-flakey) third.
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       09-19-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
nice job josh looks great, me and my wife do the same to our friends boat so i know what you went through,and to read what all the guys say on here about gettn there buddys to help with gas a cleaning is just crazy, kinda makes us rare and wanted more by our friends we take care of, now they know how good they got it to have us around.
Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-20-2007, 7:49 AM Reply   
please emmit this karma to other people who i wish were more like you....my friends seem to have no problem getting the boat really dirty....apparently additional gas money covers the hours of elbow grease....NOT!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-20-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
You guys are lucky, I only get gas money about half the time anyways and still have to do all the cleaning at the end of the day
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-20-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
Great job Josh. Props to you and your family.
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-21-2007, 9:31 AM Reply   
For me, if someone was to take care of my boat like Josh and his family did, they would NEVER once be asked to chip in for gas!!
As so many other have said, I wish everyone could see this thread!!
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-23-2007, 7:39 AM Reply   
you are a great friend...
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-23-2007, 1:32 PM Reply   
Great Job, now thats what friends are for. I saw some hammerhead vinyl cleaner there, that stuff is magic
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-06-2007, 6:53 PM Reply   
Well Ryan got to see the boat today and was shocked! Not only the boat looked GREAT, the trailer was new again! Thanks to everybody that posted on this and yes sometimes life and work comes in front of toys. All hopes Ryan will do his best to keep it this way, but hell that is what friends are for.
Thanks Everybody from my Family!!!