Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (bltcollins)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-14-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
I've been riding with the rope at full length, not sure exactly what that is off the top of my head....70 to 75 feet. Anyway, I was watching something on TV about the "Toe Jam" and it appeared that when they were behind the boat they were riding at a much shorter length. I don't know if that's just the angle of the camera that just made it appear shorter, so I just wanted to check. The distance between the wake looked shorter as well which would suggest they were closer to the boat. Anyway, if you guys could confirm or deny that you ride at shorter lengths compared to wakeboarding I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-14-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   
i ride at around 65 feet when i wakeskate, but most pros ride around 70-75 feet when they wakeskate
Old     (krkx93)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-14-2007, 4:27 PM Reply   
a good way to find out is drag the rope behind the boat and pull it in until it is about 4 feet before the wake breaks then go try it out and see how it feels and just tweak from there
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-14-2007, 10:27 PM Reply   
It really depends on where the sweet spot is on your wake. I ride at 60' behind my Mobius and 75' behind my freinds Super Air.
Old     (bltcollins)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-15-2007, 8:51 AM Reply   
Thanks fellas, I appreciate the info. and the advice. The length I'm riding at seems find, but I'll probably experiment by taking off a section or two. Have a good one.