Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-01-2005, 9:26 PM Reply   
A little advice: Never start a boat project during the summer...you will never get it done...i will hang it tomorrow & post some pics...

Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-01-2005, 9:36 PM Reply   
looks sick, good job
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-01-2005, 9:56 PM Reply   
Dang jimmy, they are some big horns. I bet that thing cranks
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-01-2005, 10:01 PM Reply   
awesme job. i wish was able to do that kind of work. it just looks so much nicer with a big custom enclosure like that.

let us know how loud it is. you have some serious horns there bud.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-01-2005, 10:01 PM Reply   
Looks like it's gonna smoke!
Old    get_fishy            09-01-2005, 10:41 PM Reply   
What! Nice Job!

How did you paint it, 2-stage, single stage, or rattle can? The paint job is impressive.

Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-02-2005, 7:07 AM Reply   
i am using the same drivers that are in NVS entity 808's...but i chose a different horn for aesthetic reasons...not sure how it will affect sound... the 8's should (in theory) focus sound towards the middle of the wake, so hopefully the horns will help redirect some of that to the flats...

yup, a rattle can and a lot of polish... just kidding, two stage pearl w/ 4 coats of clear... cut & bufffed...

(Message edited by tdc_worm on September 02, 2005)
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-02-2005, 7:21 AM Reply   
what are you powering it with? looks great. how much does it weigh with speakers and clamps?
Old    get_fishy            09-03-2005, 9:53 AM Reply   
tdc_worm,

I was think about build a speaker box on the off-season. Once you have the frame ready to go, did you just lay the fiberglass sheet over the mold and then coat it with resin? How do you support the sheet so that its uniform shape? Any tips would be great. I am waiting to see that thing mounted on your boat. It should look sick.

thanks,

jeff
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-03-2005, 6:28 PM Reply   
Damn dude you are really good at that. I am jelous, Ive never been good with my hands (except with the chicks)