Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-02-2004, 8:46 AM Reply   
Howdy all. Tom and I are headed to Shasta this weekend to work on his houseboat (very small repair). It's just him and I and the X-Star. We could really use a third. Anyone going to be there? The houseboat is at Bridge Bay. We'll probably not pull it off the dock until Saturday morning. Shoot me at my work email if interested. mpaquett@visa.com

Late.
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-02-2004, 10:22 AM Reply   
Sorry Matt, thanks for the invite but got to pass this weekend. John is supposed to help with working on the houseboat too. Next trip he will bring the tools needed to fix the upper deck. I sure hope you find a third, that must mean Nancy is staying back. Have fun and if you decide to stay local, give me a call.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-02-2004, 11:20 AM Reply   
Yup, Nancy is too busy with work to get away. Good chance I may get L-Dog and Marie up there but who knows. No biggie.

I got calls out all over the place. I see I just missed a call from Mr. Brown Trout himself.

The seal around the light should take us all of five minutes to fix.

We have a whole new driving range I'm excited to try. Longest drive gets out of doing the dishes.

See ya next time.
Old     (dbo)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-02-2004, 9:14 PM Reply   
hey are you still looking for people to join in on some riding? let me know. tomorrow is a possibility.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-05-2004, 9:23 AM Reply   
Derek, we were just pulling into Bridge Bay when you made that post. We could have used a third but we made due.

Just FYI, we stayed in Water's Gulch Cove and it was total butter. The whole lake was flat this weekend. Temp is up to 59 degrees (it was 54 two weeks ago).

Here's a pic from the Water's Gulch Driving Range. I was nailing them. Tiger's got nothing on me (well, except a bombshell of a girlfriend and a couple hundred million dollars but oh well)

Driving Range

Here's a pretty shot of the end of the cove.

WGC
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-05-2004, 1:22 PM Reply   
Here's a shot from the other side of the boat.

Other_Side

The water was perfect all day on Saturday.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-05-2004, 1:26 PM Reply   
I marked the location of the cove.

Map
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-05-2004, 1:37 PM Reply   
A special thanks to TK for yet another GREAT weekend. Maybe some day I'll get him to throw a post up. He did admit to being registered.

TK
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-05-2004, 2:16 PM Reply   
lol....he is registered. But never posts, a lurker, huh Tom? We got ya now...hehehe.

So you had a great time and we sure missed being there as usual. I know, I know there are many more houseboating trips to Shasta and we plan on being there for most of them.

One question, what is that in your hand Miggity?....making me wonder. Here is a old shot for you from one of the trips last year. I can't wait to head to Shasta again soon.
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-05-2004, 2:28 PM Reply   
Oh yea, a different cove other than Little Backbone, we will have to check that cove out too next time we go. This is an old picture from last year sometime. Just thought I would throw in it. The good old times and many more to come.

Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-05-2004, 3:17 PM Reply   
Kimmy, funny you should ask about what’s in my hand. Surprisingly, I got several emails asking me the same question. In my right hand, I’m holding a Calloway “War Bird” and in my left, it’s a Non-Alcoholic beer called O’Doul’s. My long ball was on fire Saturday. Wish I could say the same thing about my wakeboarding but that will come with time. One things for sure, I took one heck of a long set and had a freaking blast.

Yes, there are many, many Shasta trips on the horizon. I love that place and am looking forward to each one.

Hey Tom, I double quadruple dare you to post on this thread.
Old    jetgofish            04-05-2004, 3:39 PM Reply   
Miggity - Looks like my sushi dinner might have gotten you in some trouble!!! I'll take blame for that O'douls - I think .

I wanna go next time!! I wanna go next time!! Forget the prisoner and the MRI (oh I forgot to tell you about that). Um - 3 week Kid Rock to Shasta?????????
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-07-2004, 10:18 AM Reply   
I'm not in any trouble. At least not yet anyway. So looking forward to getting back up there. Here's one from the archive.

Mem Group
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-07-2004, 11:04 AM Reply   
Here's one from the most recent trip. I think this is a funny one and makes me laugh, the GREAT memories and many more to come. When are we heading back to Shasta to the houseboat.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-07-2004, 1:57 PM Reply   
Kimmy, we're leaning towards the weekend of the 23 for the next trip.

Remember this picture?

Great Day
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-07-2004, 3:53 PM Reply   
I sure do remember this shot. So the 23rd we are in, are we taking that Friday off? Let's take that Friday off....yah!
Old    jetgofish            04-07-2004, 4:22 PM Reply   
Da Fish prompted the 23rd.

Matt, the guy with the green cup who is that????

(Message edited by jetgofish on April 07, 2004)
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-07-2004, 5:47 PM Reply   
I think that is there friend Will from LA.
Old    jetpilotrider03            04-07-2004, 6:05 PM Reply   
are you guys riding this sunday at shasta by any chance? i could use a pull
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-07-2004, 8:47 PM Reply   
Nick, we're staying local this weekend (it's Easter). Otherwise, any time we're there, feel free to hit us up for a pull. Next trip for us is the 23 of this month.

Teri, That's Will Fitts, Marcus's roommate in Newport Beach. We've been friends for years. He's a good guy.

Landon, Aaron, Jen and Teri, it was great seeing you guys tonight.
Old     (ddoubleu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-07-2004, 8:54 PM Reply   
HEY NICK IMOST LIKLY GOT ROOM. IT TURNS OUT I AM GONNA BRING MY BOAT IF WE CAN GET IT READY IN TIME (I AM PRETTY SURE WE CAN) WE ARE GOING TO ALMANOR THOUGH.

SHOOT ME AN E-MAIL IF YOUR INTERESTED
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-10-2004, 10:20 AM Reply   
Super bad news guys. The 23rd can't happen. Tom has volunteer work that weekend with Catholic Charities that he can't get out of (it's a Nancy thing). He just found out about it today. He said we can go the very following weekend guaranteed (May 1 & 2).

Kimmy, I’ll raise the idea of making it a three day with him when I talk to him next. No promises on that though.

Rene, you want to join us that weekend?
Old    norcal_99            04-10-2004, 3:14 PM Reply   
I'm game. Shasta is PIMP.

Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-14-2004, 10:40 AM Reply   
Kimmy, Tom is down with making the May 1-2 trip a three day. We'll probably head up Thursday night. It all depends on his work status. Should be fun!! Rene, super hope you make it up. I think we're going to get Landon, Marie, Jen and Aaron too.
Old    jetgofish            04-14-2004, 11:05 AM Reply   
Da Fish, Da Fish .... is in Da house ... boat!

Matt ... don't forget Da Fish!
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-14-2004, 11:20 AM Reply   
I didn't forget about Da Fish. You're in. I warn you though, houseboating on Shasta Lake Migitty Matt/Tom Keegouthouse style is more addicting than Nicotene.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-14-2004, 11:40 AM Reply   
I hate you Matt!

Enjoy your ten billionth time on the lake did you?
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-14-2004, 11:52 AM Reply   
Cliff, we'll always make room for you. Heck, if you bring a case of Diet Pepsi you can bring your friends too. This year, we're going for the single season record.

On another note, are you ever coming to the Hayward Plant? If you do, my offer to pull you around the Delta still stands.

(Message edited by migitty on April 14, 2004)
Old    jetgofish            04-14-2004, 12:19 PM Reply   
Um......I'll be the judge of that!
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-14-2004, 12:33 PM Reply   
Can't forget Diggity too which makes it addicting. A BIG HUGE thanks to Miggity and Tom for all the invites, but I don't need invites anymore I am family. Now we have another captain for driving the houseboat...hehehehe.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-23-2004, 5:23 PM Reply   
We are on like Donkey Kong for next weekend. Long range weather looks good. Aaron's bringing his boat. Mine's out until Mem Day. Longest drive gets out of doing the dishes. We're bringing the Sea-Doos as well. Hut, hut...hike. Opening day for Sea-Doo football is next weekend!

Rene, what's your status brother? Did you get my VM?
Old    gw_mark            04-23-2004, 6:41 PM Reply   
So what is the deal with the boat? Heard a little through the grape vine but wanted to hear it from you. How bad was it?
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-23-2004, 7:23 PM Reply   
Bowman, how the heck are you? Join us at Shasta next weekend and I'll tell you all about it. The boat is stem to stern gel-farged (90 hours of repair time). Trailer is wasted. Total out of pocket for me on this is going to be about 4K plus. I guess my trailer was under-insured. They will only pay $2,500 on the trailer when it's over $4,000 to fix (a new one is $5,200 plus freight from Tennessee). The boat coverage is good. They are going to pay the full amount less the deductable. Sort of sucks but the only thing that matters is that no one was hurt.
Went by to get something out of the Burb today and they have already replaced the quarter panel. It's ready for paint. Harold is fixing it. I'm hoping he (and maybe a friend or two) will join us on the lake next weekend as well.
I'll tell you the whole story of "Boat Meet Big Rig" over a frosty cold N/A.
Life is a-okay good buddy! Miss having you around.
Old    gw_mark            04-23-2004, 8:02 PM Reply   
That sucks!!! But you are right, it could have been a lot worse if people got hurt. Was it was the other guys fault, won't he cover the other part of the damages or should we not go there?
Wish I could be there, have classes for most of May and that weekend for sure, June looks good though. I am working a finding another job, if anyone is hiring software engineers in the Santa Cruz, Monterey area, let me know. But keep me in mind, I will be there when I can get away from all the chaos currently haunting me. I miss all you guys too, and I will take you up on a trip to Shasta even if it kills me trying