Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old     (drunkmonkey)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-12-2004, 6:45 AM Reply   
any chance the warranty on the jacket lines covers a cut rop from a prop?

I'm not smart and drove over mine this weekend, chopped it in two.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-12-2004, 7:32 AM Reply   
take it to your local boardshop and they should be able to send it in and give you a new one for free right away. that is what my boardshop said they would have been able to do if was an accurate rope but it wasnt so i bought an accurate rope.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-12-2004, 8:23 AM Reply   
Right.
Actually you can take a chainsaw to your board and they'll send you a new one.
Only Hyperlite of course.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-12-2004, 8:24 AM Reply   
so accurate cover prop chopping the line?? thats impressive, glad i just bought one then.

how 'bout when the rope tangles, a friend of mine is pretty lame at keeping it from tangling so just making sure his line will last.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-12-2004, 8:45 AM Reply   
Yeah, that's a shocker.
If not or in the meantime, just tie a knot in that sucker and once it gets tight trim the excess line around it. A friend did this and it's not that noticable.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-12-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
I find it unlikely they'll cover stuff like that, there was no fault in the line.
Old     (drunkmonkey)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-12-2004, 9:35 AM Reply   
we tied a solid knot where it broke and it certainly held fine for the rest of the weekend, but if I could get a whole new rope it would bee cool. Guess I'll call the shop today and find out.
Old    beerdrnknboardr            04-12-2004, 12:28 PM Reply   
yeah, i'd plan on buyin a new one. But hey, now you with your old one you will have some extra sections so you can ride at 90 something feet
Old    the_intern            04-12-2004, 5:28 PM Reply   
WikedeeWak,

You are totally right. I am going to go chop up my board with a chainsaw right now. Then I am going to run over my bindings with a lawn mower. Then I should be able to get a new set-up free from warranty.
Oh, wait my boards not a hyperlite.