Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-08-2009, 9:44 PM Reply   
anybody ride these yet? ive seen pictures and the lacing system looks almost identical to the "speed zone" lacing system on burton snowboard boots. personally not a big fan of the burton boots, but mayb they ironed out the kinks for the watsons?
any input would be great cuz im gonna order them pretty soon.
thanks
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-08-2009, 11:53 PM Reply   
Haven't seen the actual pictures, but I'm LOVING the graphics on the LTD line from LF.

http://www.justwatersports.com/contents/en-us/d538.html
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-09-2009, 4:52 PM Reply   
The new 2010 LF website went live today. They don't have the Limited stuff up yet, but for everyone that hasn't seen the new line, check it out.
Old    shooter_08            11-09-2009, 7:17 PM Reply   
I could be wrong, but it looks like the Watson lacing system is the same standard 2 zone lacing system they have had for a while. Simple is better. I'm over Boa, ratchet straps, velcro and anything else that looks better than it works.

(Message edited by SHOOTER_08 on November 09, 2009)
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-09-2009, 7:48 PM Reply   
no im talking about the limiteds. they have a totally different system.
Upload
Upload
Old    shooter_08            11-09-2009, 7:57 PM Reply   
Ok, that does look like Burton. They also look really tall off the base. That might not be so good for rails. I do like the simple black style of the Watsons.

The last few years Shane’s boots have been hideous. I normally don’t buy based on looks, but but I have to draw the line somewhere. Its too bad because I would like a more mellow boot.

(Message edited by SHOOTER_08 on November 09, 2009)
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-09-2009, 9:37 PM Reply   
that justwatersports site showed a hybrid-SHANE... hmmm.

what picture(s) of the SS boots that have shown up it looks like they will have the same speed-zone lacing too...
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-10-2009, 3:07 PM Reply   
looks like the watsons have the 1 pull lacing like the marek boots.. horrible design.. sure you will get in fast.. good luck gettin out.. the mareks dont snap back wen you pull to loosen it..hope lf fixed that
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-10-2009, 7:46 PM Reply   
wow. boot looks good. still not a fan of the inch to inch and a half air bags....

curious to see if burton sends them a cease and desist.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-10-2009, 10:19 PM Reply   
I tried on a pair of burtons a couple years back with that lacing system. put my foot in the boot, pulled on the cord and rippe the cord right out of the boot. The salesman said "um...how about something with laces"

lol
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-10-2009, 11:24 PM Reply   
I have a pair of 2009 Burton Ion boots and haven't had any problems with them so far. They are much easier to tighten up than lace bindings and is so easy to loosen them up. I know people hate on Burton because they are the "corporate" snowboard company, but their speed lace system works.
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-10-2009, 11:54 PM Reply   
yeah that is too bad they did that to such a sick boot. LF had this on their team bindings like 5 years ago. one of my friends has them and i think both boots had issues the first season. If it were me I would steer clear until proven different. what is another 15 sec whe lacing up bindings anyway? i dont get it...
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-11-2009, 2:25 AM Reply   
Can you replace the laces when they snap?
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-11-2009, 8:05 AM Reply   
I was wondering that myself (if they could be replaced)...LF laces snap on me all the time. I think I'll be passing on these..I'm not willing to be a guinea pig for their LTDs and have to warranty a pair every other week again.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-11-2009, 7:25 PM Reply   
The website link in the second post has been updated and now has photos of the bindings.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-11-2009, 7:36 PM Reply   
looks cool but have to wonder about durability. Laces will snap for sure, especially for cable riders so I hope there is a way to replace them.