Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-09-2013, 2:16 PM Reply   
"Sherman is a prick." Talk about a sore winner. Why is he a prick exactly? Because he's the best DB in the league, he gives back to his community, he's never been in trouble with the law, he backs up all his trash talk?
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-09-2013, 2:28 PM Reply   
The 12th man is the engineering team that designed your stadium to reflect noise -- I applaud the folks who made this happen.
Old    sperbet            12-09-2013, 3:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonicmi View Post
When have the refs ever showed favoritism for Seattle?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-09-2013, 4:26 PM Reply   
Referee favoritism? WTF seriously!? They get targeted because of their known tough plays. Its just something the Hawks manage to overcome. They get flagged plenty just look at the stats hell GD you could call a penalty on virtually every play in the NFL. Sherman's a stud on and off the field.

For the record I'm not blaming the loss yesterday on flags. We had overcome that. We lost because of Gores big play and to be honest our best players didn't play their best and you simply can't have that on the road against a good team.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-09-2013, 4:30 PM Reply   
Yeah its a fact those replacement refs favored the Seahawks....please!

PS when you watch that catch from the back of the end zone you get a very different look and might wind up with a different opinion. At any rate that was over a year ago now and has 0 bearing on this year.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-09-2013, 4:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Yeah its a fact those replacement refs favored the Seahawks....please!

PS when you watch that catch from the back of the end zone you get a very different look and might wind up with a different opinion. At any rate that was over a year ago now and has 0 bearing on this year.
the pic above clearly shows Tate with 2 arms and hands wrapped around the ball... Besides who even cares about that play, there were so many bad calls in that game, if it weren't for a few horrific calls, including a mystery PI call on 3rd and long which gave a first down, the pack wouldn't even have been in that game, so that call is a mute point!!!!!! Furthermore I would trade that play for the atrocities from Superbowl 40 any day!!!!!!! (yeah the refs came out and admitted it later and apologized to the Seahawks).. so with all that in mind I'm still not seeing the favoritism, sure do we get a call every once and a while, yeah everyone does, but then again every blind squirrel finds a nut everyone once and a while too, so calling it "seahawks favoritism" is an outright joke.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-09-2013, 5:12 PM Reply   
Sherman is sounding off saying they lost because of bad calls. Meanwhile, Boldin owned him even with his illegal play. Did you see that catch from AB while being assaulted by Shermangal?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-09-2013, 5:20 PM Reply   
Jon, give it up already. The only people that thought that was a Seattle TD are Seattle fans (and I hate GB much more than I hate Seattle), it was a terrible call.

And Darren, Suh donated a ton of money to Nebraska, I guess that makes him a good guy?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-09-2013, 5:51 PM Reply   
You Seattle fans whine more than Sherman. Man up and get ready to lose again. Empty Trophy Case Syndrome.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-09-2013, 6:28 PM Reply   
Lee just got leveled exactly like he did by Tate last year but no flag this time...more Seattle favoritism by the Refs.

Its BS to say that Sherman was complaining about the calls. He said"We didn't project it to be this way," Sherman said, according to the 49ers' official website. "We expected to blow them out, but they got the benefit of a few calls tonight throughout the game and that helps you, especially on third down. We will see them again, and it will be a different result."

The media ran with that and somehow seceded he was blaming the refs. He didn't say they were bad calls or shouldn't have been flagged. The Niners did benefit from some calls in key spots that helped. The Hawks did too on that Bowen call big deal.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-09-2013, 6:30 PM Reply   
Robert, you clearly have empty trouser syndrome to go along with your empty head syndrome. No one here is whining.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-09-2013, 6:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Robert, you clearly have empty trouser syndrome to go along with your empty head syndrome. No one here is whining.
Okay you are making excuses like 5 year olds.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-09-2013, 7:28 PM Reply   
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-09-2013, 8:35 PM Reply   
And Dallas gets shellacked!

Can ya hear that Bobby... It's the sound of their playoff hopes slowly slipping away...
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       12-09-2013, 8:38 PM Reply   
Romo puts the numbers up but just plain ole sucks at winning....
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-09-2013, 9:48 PM Reply   
Romo threw for all of 104 yards tonight. He must have looked at the calendar and saw it was December. He obviously sucks.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-09-2013, 10:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
The commercial was great. I loved how they made Hawk fans out to be psychotic zombie fans screaming at Kap as he got off the bus.
That commercial was a very accurate depiction of Seattle fans. Bunch of entitled haters. I was there monday night and saw it in person against the Saints. This forum and especially the Seattle media crack me up. Must be the only good thing going on in Seattle. They do have some pretty good restaurants though. I'm waiting for the highlight film coverage of Seattle fans foaming at the mouth. I have an eternal collection of metaphors for their behavior but I'll stop.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-09-2013, 10:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Referee favoritism toward Seattle has been obvious all year. It favors Seattle at home and favors Seattle in the playoffs where referees tend to "let it go". Most teams play the game per the rules. Seattle plays the referees -- they assume that only overt fouls will be called if they commit lesser fouls every play.
I couldn't agree more. Seattle fans are so hungry for that elusive SB win that they don't care about anything but that. In their minds the ends justify the means. Even if it means cheating and also having that BS stadium which was acoustically designed by Microsoft to be the loudest stadium in the world. It's quite the spectacle. I think every NFL fan should see at least one game there. Bring your ear plugs.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-09-2013, 11:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
That commercial was a very accurate depiction of Seattle fans. Bunch of entitled haters. I was there monday night and saw it in person against the Saints. This forum and especially the Seattle media crack me up. Must be the only good thing going on in Seattle. They do have some pretty good restaurants though. I'm waiting for the highlight film coverage of Seattle fans foaming at the mouth. I have an eternal collection of metaphors for their behavior but I'll stop.
That makes no damn sense! 1st of all, our team is better than yours which inherently means we are not in the role of being "haters". Haters hate out of jealousy, which I am seeing a lot of on this thread. Second I can tell you Seattle fans only hate one team, its the one with D-bag of a coach and a wannabe for a quarterback!
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-09-2013, 11:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Jon, give it up already. The only people that thought that was a Seattle TD are Seattle fans (and I hate GB much more than I hate Seattle), it was a terrible call.

And Darren, Suh donated a ton of money to Nebraska, I guess that makes him a good guy?
Haha... ok, maybe. I'm not saying who caught it first/more... I'm just saying if it weren't for bad calls the pack would have never had a chance to win that game anyway so it is what it is in the end.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-10-2013, 3:06 AM Reply   
If Seattle's D was not allowed to HOLD after 5 yards per the rules, I wonder if they would be any good at all?
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-10-2013, 3:19 AM Reply   
Boldin's 27 yard catch while being held 4 times over by Sherman (the grabber)...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-27-yard-catch
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-10-2013, 3:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
And Dallas gets shellacked!

Can ya hear that Bobby... It's the sound of their playoff hopes slowly slipping away...
I watched the whole game. Romo didn't choke like your boy Wilson.Romo has the WORST DEFENSE in the league. Now put your boy Wilson in the same shoes No Defense,No coaching,Poor predictable play calling and watch him be a whipping boy. Wilson sucked against the 49ers who Romo has beaten even though he's not nearly as familiar with them. It was a come from behind win in the 4th quarter. In San Francisco! I have to agree the Seattle fans are the most obnoxious fans in the NFL. They act like a bunch of frustrated impotent men that are in a nudist colony full of beautiful women wanting to have children. Their players are drug addicts ,cheaters,whiners and sore losers.No i'm not talking about the Seattle fans,i'm talking about their players.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-10-2013, 3:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
If Seattle's D was not allowed to HOLD after 5 yards per the rules, I wonder if they would be any good at all?
I couldn't agree more. The refs have been conditioned to look away from the grabbing and pulling of jerseys and the late hits. They also get away with a lot of illegal hits and offensive line holding. There is virtually a penalty on every single play of any Seattle game. That being said,they still got OWNED by the 49ers Game winning drive.The 49ers ate up the clock and made Seattle use their timeouts.Then MVP candidate Russell Wilson CHOKED on national TV.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-10-2013, 3:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Boldin's 27 yard catch while being held 4 times over by Sherman (the grabber)...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-27-yard-catch
Boldin is a beast. He OWNED Sherman all night. Even though Sherman wasn't flagged for half the holds and interference calls he should have been called for.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-10-2013, 6:01 AM Reply   
Bobby,

Seattle wasn't the spotlight team this week, Dallas was...

You must have mistaken me for one who is steeped in the Romo / Wilson debate. I look at overall performance of a team. Your boys got spanked by a half ass team with no ability to stop the run whatsoever. Any coach on the planet would have stuck with the run last night. What does Dallas do...? they throw the ball???

One more loss and Dallas most likely misses out on post season all together. Sad for both of us because I would love to see the Boys make it far enough to come into our house and get it handed to them.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-10-2013, 6:44 AM Reply   
Romo plays like that and you say Wilson choked!? You're delusional to the point of concern. He completed 55% of his passes and threw for just over 100 yards!!! That's your very own measuring stick. You can't go back on it now buddy. Face it they lost cuz he sucked!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-10-2013, 6:52 AM Reply   
We've got the refs in our pockets, Microsoft (a software/hardware designer) designing us special stadiums, super duper special drugs that even the government doesn't know about (also probably designed by Microsoft) and rabid fans. Spoken like true haters.

Hey Bobby you ever thought about actually prepping YOUR team on here. All you know how to do is hate on the Hawks. You've probably been like that your whole life right?
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-10-2013, 7:18 AM Reply   
Trifecta for me last night - I win my $500 wager, Dez Bryant fails to put up the necessary point so I win my fantasy game (especially since Jeffries had more fantasy points), and I got to watch Romo crumble as usual. It started with a Chicago being favored by 2.0 and than the public (as always) driving the line down to zero and ending up with 83% on Dallas. Throw in the fact that it was cold and Romo is unsuccessful in December, and you got the makings of an easy Chicago win. I just love when he goes 3 and out and than goes back and yells at his team on the sidelines, makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I will not bother comparing him with any other quarterback,. Sure his stats are in top 10 after every year, but stats mean nothing if you cant win or lead your team.

As I said before though, Romo wins the game here. He is a good looking dude, he is healthy, he constantly dates super models, gets paid one of the highest in his job and like a weather man, never has to be right. Thats a winner winner chicken dinner.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-10-2013, 8:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Romo plays like that and you say Wilson choked!? You're delusional to the point of concern. He completed 55% of his passes and threw for just over 100 yards!!! That's your very own measuring stick. You can't go back on it now buddy. Face it they lost cuz he sucked!
His defense kept him within 2 points of the win. All he has to do is get a FG. Instead he throws up a ill advised pass that was intercepted. CHOKE in crunch time.I was comparing Wilson to Romo when Romo last played the 49ers in 2012. Wilson wouldn't even come out and play in -7 degree weather.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-10-2013, 8:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
We've got the refs in our pockets, Microsoft (a software/hardware designer) designing us special stadiums, super duper special drugs that even the government doesn't know about (also probably designed by Microsoft) and rabid fans. Spoken like true haters.

Hey Bobby you ever thought about actually prepping YOUR team on here. All you know how to do is hate on the Hawks. You've probably been like that your whole life right?
I don't hate the Hawks. I just don't think they're as good as you think they are.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-10-2013, 9:00 AM Reply   
12-3 this week in my picks!! Unfortunately the only one I care about was wrong. Oh well.

I'm loving all this smack talk. It's not enough for people to hate the Hawks because they are the NFL's best (11-2), now you are hating the fans and Seattle too. As I'm sure you all are typing away from a Microsoft product and drinking a Starbucks coffee!!! HAHAHAHA.

GD, I agree Sherman didn't have a great game but you can't say that the 49er passing game is what won that game. It was the same as last year in SF. Close game and Gore ran to win.

December in Dallas must be pretty depressing. Is it time to give Orton a shot?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-10-2013, 9:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83starsnstripes View Post
i'm loving all this smack talk. It's not enough for people to hate the hawks because they are tied with the denver broncos at an nfl's best (11-2), now you are hating the fans and seattle too. As i'm sure you all are typing away from a microsoft product and drinking a starbucks coffee!!! Hahahaha.
fify
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-10-2013, 9:41 AM Reply   
^^^Nope. Still the best in the NFL. Looks like not just Seattle Fans think so.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings...r/2013/week/15
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-10-2013, 9:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
12-3 this week in my picks!! Unfortunately the only one I care about was wrong. Oh well.

I'm loving all this smack talk. It's not enough for people to hate the Hawks because they are the NFL's best (11-2), now you are hating the fans and Seattle too. As I'm sure you all are typing away from a Microsoft product and drinking a Starbucks coffee!!! HAHAHAHA.

GD, I agree Sherman didn't have a great game but you can't say that the 49er passing game is what won that game. It was the same as last year in SF. Close game and Gore ran to win.

December in Dallas must be pretty depressing. Is it time to give Orton a shot?
I'm using a MAC. Denver is 11-2 also.Boldin Owned Sherman all night. So did Crabtree.Dallas, despite all the losses can win their last three and win their pathetic division.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-10-2013, 9:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
^^^Nope. Still the best in the NFL. Looks like not just Seattle Fans think so.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings...r/2013/week/15
That's just someones opinion. TIME will tell who the best really is. My guess is Peyton and company.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-10-2013, 9:57 AM Reply   
Orton is not the answer here in Dallas. Neither is Romo, Garret, or Jerry Jones. Some say that things will improve when Steven Jones takes over the reigns. I say no.

The Jones clan needs to hire a real G.M.. Otherwise,nothing changes.....ever

I'm personally happy for the Hawks, Panthers, Bengals, Jets, Chiefs and any other team that doesn't have a deep history of championships. I think it's good for the sport.

I'd like to see a Carolina v. SeaHawks NFC title game.....and anyone in the AFC except Bill-a -cheat and the Patriots
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-10-2013, 9:58 AM Reply   
> As I'm sure you all are typing away from a Microsoft product and drinking a Starbucks coffee!!!

True.

> GD, I agree Sherman didn't have a great game but you can't say that the 49er passing game is what won that game. It was the same as last year in SF. Close game and Gore ran to win.

True. I never expected either team to do great on offense. But, I question the TRUE power of Seattle's defense minus HOLDING.

Sherman appears to be holding EVERY play. Never the less, Boldin owned him. And, Sherman's pre-game and post-game comments were childish.

The stats were very close in most categories including penalties...
Attached Images

Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-10-2013, 10:14 AM Reply   
For all you guys complaining about Seattle and how they cheat... Try taking a look at this:

See that guy blatantly holding Sherman back? Right in front of the official? And in case you're wondering, yes, this is the Gore 51 yarder that likely decided the game.

So please, stop crying. It's football. Guys on every team do what they can to win.

Go Hawks.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-10-2013, 11:05 AM Reply   
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...t-cowboys-drop

More opinions that matter.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-10-2013, 11:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg311 View Post
For all you guys complaining about Seattle and how they cheat... Try taking a look at this:

See that guy blatantly holding Sherman back? Right in front of the official? And in case you're wondering, yes, this is the Gore 51 yarder that likely decided the game.

So please, stop crying. It's football. Guys on every team do what they can to win.

Go Hawks.
Looks more like Shermans pushing off again. He didn't want any part of tackling Frank Gore anyway.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-10-2013, 11:46 AM Reply   
It's great to see Sherman (the grabber) get a small piece of his own action!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-10-2013, 12:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm using a MAC. Denver is 11-2 also.Boldin Owned Sherman all night. So did Crabtree.Dallas, despite all the losses can win their last three and win their pathetic division.
If he got "owned" then why did he get A- on his report card for that game by the pros? I'll admit he didn't play his best game but owned? Nah, it was no where near it.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-10-2013, 12:06 PM Reply   
Reviewing that play on nflrewind (which is very cool btw), its clearly just common down field blocking with Sherman push off and Davis letting go before it becomes holding.

Common run blocking vs DBs HOLDING every single play of every game.
Attached Images

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-10-2013, 12:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
He didn't want any part of tackling Frank Gore anyway
More like Gore didn't want anything to do with Sherm tackling him
him. He played down like Shawn Lee getting blocked by a receiver.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-10-2013, 12:33 PM Reply   
BTW, what the heck is #29s excuse?
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-10-2013, 1:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Earl (29) was definitely out of position. That is exceedingly rare. Dude is easily top 3 for Defensive POY. But he missed that one hard. In fact, the Hawks had guys whif at all 3 levels. That's why it was the biggest single run anyone has had on them this season.
I give Gore and the 9ers credit for that play, and the game... even though, yes, Sherman was held there. You can make excuses all you want. That's holding. But there's holding on every play in the NFL... just like there's hand checking and contact in man-press coverage all the time. When you gripe about one player getting away with something, but dismiss it for another, you're just showing your homerism and proving that your opinion holds little weight.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-10-2013, 1:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
He got juked that's what his excuse is... Seattle over pursued and and didn't cover their gaps. This is where our speed works against us. This is what they are talking about when they say Seattle's D is about the only team that can beat Seattle's D.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       12-10-2013, 1:24 PM Reply   
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-10-2013, 1:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
He got juked that's what his excuse is... Seattle over pursued and and didn't cover their gaps. This is where our speed works against us. This is what they are talking about when they say Seattle's D is about the only team that can beat Seattle's D.
Peyton would light that Seattle D up like a joint.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-10-2013, 1:51 PM Reply   
But, Seattle's defense takes holding to an art level. They are gaming the system and that deserves recognition. They hold a little bit all of the time assuming they will benefit more often than they lose. On most occasions, the referee will not throw the flag if the QB does not throw the pass. So, if their holding discourages the QB from throwing the ball, its a big win. Either the referees need to call Seattle on this game play or every other team needs to cheat the system at this level.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-10-2013, 2:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
But, Seattle's defense takes holding to an art level. They are gaming the system and that deserves recognition. They hold a little bit all of the time assuming they will benefit more often than they lose. On most occasions, the referee will not throw the flag if the QB does not throw the pass. So, if their holding discourages the QB from throwing the ball, its a big win. Either the referees need to call Seattle on this game play or every other team needs to cheat the system at this level.
somebody get this guy some cheese to go with all that whine!
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-10-2013, 2:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
just like Brees did right?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-10-2013, 2:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Romo had a 109.2 PASSER RATING in that game against Chicago. He threw for multiple TD's.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-10-2013, 2:44 PM Reply   
ETIII was definitely out of position on that play and Gore burned us.

GD, are you on Harbaugh's campaign team? The fact is the Hawks DBs play within the rules and don't get called every play because they are great at technique no because the refs let them get away with it. If that was true every team in the NFL would be campaigning like the 4winers. Harbaugh is the only coach to complain/wine about how "aggressive" our DBs are.

Jeremy,
I hope we get to see if that's true this year. Just too bad the SB will be played in the cold. Well, I mean too bad for Manning.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-10-2013, 2:46 PM Reply   
"Romo had a 109.2 PASSER RATING in that game against Chicago. He threw for multiple TD's."

HAHAHA Bobby you kill me. Good one. You should take your joke show on the road.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-10-2013, 2:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
"Romo had a 109.2 PASSER RATING in that game against Chicago. He threw for multiple TD's."

HAHAHA Bobby you kill me. Good one. You should take your joke show on the road.
3 td's to be exact,that's 1 more than Wilson in about 30 degree colder weather.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-10-2013, 2:57 PM Reply   
Remember Teams win games. The Seahawks LOST as a team. I don't blame Wilson he did his part till the defense fell apart then he followed suit.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-10-2013, 3:06 PM Reply   
Wilson > Romo all year long.

Physical play fellas, its football.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-10-2013, 3:07 PM Reply   
Brees isn't in Manning's league.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-10-2013, 4:19 PM Reply   
^^^Bobby you have some comedic competition.

Please look at Brees' stats and edit that last post Jeremy.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-10-2013, 5:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yup... just like Brees and Brady have when they've come to town...

Hoping... no praying we meet Denver in the Super Bowl. They would be our dream match up. Immobile qb who hates the cold, small receivers, limited run game, and a defense that's turning into swiss cheese as the season progresses. We've seen one pass happy circus this year and would be licking our chops if given the chance to see another.

Last edited by seattle; 12-10-2013 at 5:07 PM.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-10-2013, 5:03 PM Reply   
I love talking football... and don't mind people that disagree with me at all.

That said, I really wish the Romo / Wilson thing would die already.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-10-2013, 5:09 PM Reply   
Quote:

Don't worry Rich, it's December. Romo is already packing it in.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-10-2013, 7:19 PM Reply   
I also think Seattle would destroy Denver in the SB since referees tend to relax their flag throwing in big games.

IMO, Seattle will only have trouble with 49ERs or Panthers. Two teams like themselves but with less reliable QBs and less powerful RBs. Only, now, the 49ERs also have the edge in TE & WRs.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-10-2013, 10:54 PM Reply   
Quote:

It was actually the cofounder (Paul Allen ) of Microsoft who hired the architects (AECOM) to design it to be that loud. Weren't at least a couple hawks busted and suspended for performance enhancing drugs? Wasn't one of them Sherman (the cheater)? Hmm. As far as the "rabid fans" go, those exact words are used by the Seattle media when describing them. No hate here. Just call it like I see it. I can't believe how right on GD has been with his wise assessments too. He must be older than me.
Old     (therealblaze)      Join Date: May 2011       12-10-2013, 11:40 PM Reply   
Wilson is in his second year has 1 playoff win, Romo in his 11th has the same number of playoff wins (1). Romo is my favorite qb on the golf course though.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-11-2013, 6:32 AM Reply   
Quote:

^^^this
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-11-2013, 7:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Hoping... no praying we meet Denver in the Super Bowl. They would be our dream match up. Immobile qb who hates the cold, small receivers, limited run game, and a defense that's turning into swiss cheese as the season progresses. We've seen one pass happy circus this year and would be licking our chops if given the chance to see another.
Yea, DT and his 74 rec/11 td @ 6'3" 230, ED 71/8 @ 6'3" 214 are on the smaller side....surprised these guys can get off the line to get balls. Not to mention the TE, JT 50r/11 @ 6'5" 250 that runs like a WR...

As Manning showed last week, if it's cold....he's done like dinner. I am actually surprised they have not shut him down in Denver with the current weather..

Can someone make that Seahawks TD vs the Packers pic bigger, maybe billboard size?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-11-2013, 8:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
t was actually the cofounder (Paul Allen ) of Microsoft who hired the architects (AECOM) to design it to be that loud. Weren't at least a couple hawks busted and suspended for performance enhancing drugs? Wasn't one of them Sherman (the cheater)? Hmm. As far as the "rabid fans" go, those exact words are used by the Seattle media when describing them. No hate here. Just call it like I see it. I can't believe how right on GD has been with his wise assessments too. He must be older than me.
Holy crap really? All this time I thought a software designer designed that stadium. Oh and no Sherman did not get busted for Aderol use, he won his appeal I'm honored to be called a rabid fan. I think it's funny though that Whiners fans do just that about us. Writing multiple letters of complaint calling it cheating and unsportsmanlike. What a joke.

Sorry fellas...wait nobim not...but I won't give up the QB debate. I'm pot committed
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-11-2013, 8:08 AM Reply   
Oh and I too respect GD's opinion...mostly
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-11-2013, 8:10 AM Reply   
This just in Cousins to start on Sunday over RGIII. I feel for that kid. I really like him and hope he can return to that exciting player he was a year ago.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-11-2013, 8:16 AM Reply   
Here's the Golden Tate catch that should have gotten some pub

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-11-2013, 9:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
This just in Cousins to start on Sunday over RGIII. I feel for that kid. I really like him and hope he can return to that exciting player he was a year ago.
Not only is Cousins starting, Griffin is going to be the #3......

I have no love for Griffin, since last years injury, the offseason and then this season....he has grown tiresome.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-11-2013, 9:54 AM Reply   
I love how Gore came out after the game and said that the 9ers showed Seattle who the "real Big Dogs" in the division are.... Lol... The only thing that made it better was when sports radio here in Seattle played that clip for our TE while he was on the radio show and his response was to hearing that audio was uncontrollable laughing and giggling.
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       12-11-2013, 10:15 AM Reply   
Yeah don't feel too sorry for RG3. He has been part of the problem. He needs to mature and work on his accuracy throwing the ball. Another total mess in DC. Looks like the team quit last week on top of the fact that they stink. Worst defense and special teams ever.

It will be interested to see how Counsins does. Will the team step up and play better? I can't wait until this season is over. What a nightmare. Shanahan, GR3 and Snyder... bad combination. I could go on but who cares. They are 3-10.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-11-2013, 11:13 AM Reply   
It's funny that Seattle thinks they got REFed. Take for example, this play where #41 plays Crabtree with his back turned as the ball arrives. Total blatant pass interference that should have put the 49ers 1st and goal at the 7 yard line. No call was made.
Attached Images

Last edited by diamonddad; 12-11-2013 at 11:17 AM. Reason: .
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-11-2013, 11:13 AM Reply   
Thought I'd do my take on fans around the league.
NFC East
Eagles fans - hate their team no matter what.
Cowboy fans - still live in the 90's and think they are going to win the SB every year
Giant fans - don't care about football until after they win the SB then pretend to have been fans all along.
Skins fans - diehard fans that just get continually disappointed.
NFC North
Lions fans - go to games to get warm in the winter
Bears fans - no one will ever compare to Ditka
Packers fans - there are fans in Green Bay and their are fans out of Green Bay. Big difference.
Vikings fans - at least we didn't lose 4 Superbowls in a row
NFC South
Saints fans - still riding high from winning the Superbowl a few years ago.
Falcons fans - when does baseball season start?
Panther fans - we have a football team?
Buc fans - thank the lord they changed those uniforms.
NFC West
Cardinal fans - lets go to the game to get out of the sun
Ram fans - we are rebuilding this year... again.
Seahawk fans - AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! CAN YOU HEAR ME YET!?!?!?!? what we don't have a Superbowl yet?
49er fans - I'll shoot you if you don't agree the 49ers are the best team ever!
AFC North
Bengal fans - this is our year!!! to make the playoffs...
Ravens fans - two rings > one murder
Steeler fans - we have the most Superbowls so we are the best.
Browns fans - can we just get one break?? Just one??
AFC East
Patriot fans - Brady is god, Belichick is god, Gronk is god, Big Papi is god, Larry Bird is god, Boston is god.
Bills fans - At least we aren't the Browns, wait we are the Browns.
Jets fans - we are the football fans of New York! even though we all live in NJ.
Miami fans - 1972!! What a year!! I was 65 years old back then.
AFC South
Colt fans - Maybe with a little Luck we will win more than one SB this time?
Texan fans - Damn it!!! Just when we thought Manning was gone.
Titan fans - Jeff Fisher come back!!! We are sorry.
Jaguar fans - When are we going to sign Tebow already??
AFC West
Chiefs fans - NO WE ARE THE LOUDEST!!!!
Charger fans - surfs flat brah, lets check out the jocks.
Raider fans - I'll shoot you if you're a 49er fan.
Bronco fans - Elway is god, Tebow is Jesus, sorry Peyton you'll have to settle for Moses.

Its a slow day at work.
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       12-11-2013, 11:34 AM Reply   
^ haha nice 83starsnstripes
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-11-2013, 11:43 AM Reply   
As a big time 49er fan I thought I would throw in my two cents. The Hawks should just admit they got beat. No big deal they got beat by a top five team by two points, on the road, coming off a short week. No shame in that. There complaining is very annoying but they are still the super bowl favorite.

As a Niner fan all this game did was give us hope that they can still reach the super bowl. The outlook is still not good. Probably going to have to win three road games including games in New Orleans and Seattle. If they accomplish this they deserve to win the super bowl.

Seattle fans need to relax any sane Niner fan would gladly change places with you as the play offs approach. Seattle won some close games that have put them in great position (Tampa bay, ST Louis) the niners lost their close games ( carolina and new Orleans) and that is difference in play off seeding that in the end makes the road much easier for the Hawks.

Saying all this I hate the Hawks more then any team in the league but they are set up well.