Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-12-2006, 10:38 PM Reply   
I can go w2w heelside and I can consistantly land 1w 180s ts to switch and then hs switch to ts regular.

I have not been able to clear w2w ts or switch yet.

Thinking about trying w2w hs to ts switch. Any tips??
Old     (rimreaper)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-13-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
If u talkin about w2w hs 180s then make sure u can do it on the surface 1st (bunny hop then spin). Then do it across 1 wake. Then go 4 the w2w one. At first u'll most likely land then slip out on ur butt. This means u need to rotate about 10 degrees more and keep ur body perpendicular w/ the water. Expect a few faceplants when ur tryin to fix this. Just don't give up cuz once u get 180 down u'll be throwin them all the time w/ near 100% consistency.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-13-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
Good idea going 1 wake first... I've been doing 1 wake TS but not heel side. I'll be out doing HS tomorrow.
Old    alanp            08-13-2006, 7:51 PM Reply   
can you jump ts wake to wake? alot of people that do switch hs 180's do them because they are covering up the fact they cant jump ts wake to wake. if you cant do that then id suggest learning that.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-14-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
Another good point Alan... I am also trying to get ts w2w but I wanted to have a couple things to work on at the same time.
Old    alanp            08-14-2006, 8:20 PM Reply   
ts wake to wake and grabs. i wouldnt recommend trying anything other than that. ive seen to many people reliant on the switch hs 180 to get across the wake because they cant jump ts. itll take a little while longer to learn ts jumps but youll be a much better rider for your efforts
Old     (livigno)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-18-2006, 2:54 AM Reply   
My two cents: try to learn both TS wake jumps and HS Half Cab (switch HS 180) at the same time - this may keep you from getting frustrated because you're stuck with only one trick you're trying all the time. Try to have the most fun possible. Always work on your progressive edge and your pop while riding. Also try all four 180s (the ones without the handle pass) over one wake. It's a good thing to learn'em all at the same time to develop them equally strong and it's also a lot of fun. Anyway, when you're doing any 180, always take off from one edge and land on the other edge - this is all important. Once you can land them all strongly over one wake, you're ready to try them w2w (it's easier for many people to try w2w 180s with a shorter line first, so the wakes are more closely together). Now go out and ride!