Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-05-2010, 4:11 PM Reply   
Here is a quick vid from our competition last weekend. Was an awesome time and some great weather. Well... right up until the end of the advanced class. "Anyone see Dorothy fly by here???"

Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-05-2010, 4:32 PM Reply   
just wondering but why do they call it wake the desert? isnt this in richmond washington? it doesnt really matter but since there is already a comp called wake the desert that just finished its 11th annual competition in san angelo texas, shouldnt this be called the tri city wake comp?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-05-2010, 5:22 PM Reply   
Nice vid. These guys and gals did a great job putting on this contest, the central Washington wake scene is alive and well. Had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Thanks Joel!

Couple of shots from the weekend.
Attached Images

Old    cougar4            08-05-2010, 6:25 PM Reply   
Hey Ryan, actually where we hold the competition is in eastern Washington which is vastly different from the west side of Washington (Seattle). We have 300 days of sun and tons of sand dunes and sage brush so we are definitely a desert. I was the one who came up with the name for the comp and was bummed when I found out that it had already been used in Texas. I should have googled it first before deciding on it for our comp. Anyways, great times and great friends.
Old     (rknott)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-10-2010, 11:55 AM Reply   
Looks like a great event and a great turnout! The orange malibu is pretty sweet. Are the results posted anywhere?
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-10-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
Thanks jeff i was just wondering. looks like a good time.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-11-2010, 12:56 PM Reply   
Hey Rick, missed you at the contest, great time. The backwater by the park was an awesome venue. All I know is the open results.

1st- Alex
2nd- Robbie Carter
3rd - Ricky from Spokane
Old     (jhuff79)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-12-2010, 3:01 PM Reply   
We had a great time and has some awesome prizes $1000 total from Sundown and Malibu boats. The other divisions got Oakley Sunglasses, Straight Line handles and ropes, Northwest Riders Shirts, Ronix Rope and handle, Rockstar and some great stuff from Sporthaus. Here are some pictures form the pictures of the winners.
Attached Images