Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-26-2005, 8:32 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I was wondering what the difference between these two bindings were. Both have the hinge locking design, but to me it looks like the only differene is looks and price. I was thinking about buying the Torq since they are reasonably priced, but I don't want to get them if the Zeus uses better materials.
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-26-2005, 9:28 AM Reply   
I used to have Torques. The 05's were alot cheaper all around, in my opinion, than the Zues's. The best thing I can suggest is go to a shop and check them out in person. I do not feel like the Torqe was as supportive as the Zeus. Agian that was the 05 models. I love my Transits. I am just waiting for the 06 Transcend to come out.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-26-2005, 9:53 AM Reply   
Leo, There's a huge difference between the Zeus and the Torq. If you are considering the Torq, make sure you try it on first. The lower section of the bind is designed to accomidate a wide range of foot sizes. It offers less of a custom fit.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-26-2005, 12:09 PM Reply   
Im talking about the 06 with the Hinge system.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-26-2005, 12:46 PM Reply   
So am I. I have tried them all on. The heel hold in all of the hinge bindings is awesome. But the the lower section of the Torq is really wide.
Old     (more_betterness)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-26-2005, 1:01 PM Reply   
The 06 torq is a 3/4 boot that uses softer overlay material making it flexible side to side. It still has great heel and toe response and like Jarrod said because the torq uses universal footbeds: s-m, l-xl, xxl, it makes the lower section or ankle section a little wider. To help with a better fit it comes with dual laces.
The Zeus is made of stiffer overlays and is a full cut boot allowing more support through the whole binding. Since the material is stiffer the boot is more responsive overall. The footbeds are individually sized: s,m,l,xl,xxl, so you can get a better fit, along with the dual lace.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-26-2005, 1:44 PM Reply   
ok, thanks. That cleared up a lot of my questions.