Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       07-05-2013, 8:11 AM Reply   
Please share any good stories/pics of yesterday's wally parade we call the 4th of July. Personally we had a great day topped off with watching fireworks from the boat. This morning I managed to snap a pic of this Supra and can't quite figure out what happened. I am guessing he either (1) Beached it at cruising speed last night when it was dark or (2) beached it yesterday to chill and they released some water from the lake. Either way doesn't look good but hey, at least he put his cover on...And if this is your boat I am sorry but please fill us in on what happened.
Attached Images

Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-05-2013, 11:16 AM Reply   
That is awesome. Nice boat to be doing something like that.

Yesterday my rider almost got ran over twice by the same tubers. I was about ready to chase them down and yell at them. There are a ton of idiots out there this weekend. Be safe.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       07-06-2013, 4:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by iShredSAN View Post
Please share any good stories/pics of yesterday's wally parade we call the 4th of July. Personally we had a great day topped off with watching fireworks from the boat. This morning I managed to snap a pic of this Supra and can't quite figure out what happened. I am guessing he either (1) Beached it at cruising speed last night when it was dark or (2) beached it yesterday to chill and they released some water from the lake. Either way doesn't look good but hey, at least he put his cover on...And if this is your boat I am sorry but please fill us in on what happened.
He's gonna have fun getting that one unstuck without bending/breaking the prop, driveshaft, or rudder. Sucks to be him...I'd probably wait till some rain raised the water level a bit and then try to retrieve it. As long as its just sitting in the soft ground it shouldn't be doing too much damage...
Old     (Camsquared211)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-06-2013, 4:21 PM Reply   
I would get my hose and start filling up the lake.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-06-2013, 4:27 PM Reply   
^^^^
use the neighbors hose...
Old     (Camsquared211)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-06-2013, 4:30 PM Reply   
Hahahahha
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-06-2013, 7:06 PM Reply   
I would dig a hole and pull off the prop, then try to pull it back in the water. Or you could always rent a helicopter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29LSg4i6bO8
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-06-2013, 8:25 PM Reply   
Looks like sand....start digging!!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-06-2013, 11:16 PM Reply   
Kinda funny how the name on the side of the boat does exactly what the boat is doing now...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-06-2013, 11:21 PM Reply   
On a serious note, I wonder how the owner is gonna prevent the theft of 3K+ worth of tower speakers. Hope it's out of there now.
Old     (Camsquared211)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-06-2013, 11:33 PM Reply   
Ha try 6k+
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       07-07-2013, 8:06 AM Reply   
what lake was this on connor ? I see you're in austin too. i have seen your nautique on lake austin a few times i believe. nice looking boat. my boat is in my profile pic.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-07-2013, 10:16 AM Reply   
This Weekend Was Cray Cray!

Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       07-08-2013, 7:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNvisible View Post
what lake was this on connor ? I see you're in austin too. i have seen your nautique on lake austin a few times i believe. nice looking boat. my boat is in my profile pic.
This was on Lake Austin... Thanks man your boat is super sick, and ya I've seen you out on Austin many times. Stop in and say whats up next time and I will do the same!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-08-2013, 7:11 AM Reply   
Pretty much my weekend:

Put 0.0 hours on the boat. In fact, the only time I spent on it was bailing out the water from the cover.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-08-2013, 7:11 AM Reply   
Oh, and I did not take that picture. That was a stock google image photo before you start asking questions about the stupid row boat.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-08-2013, 7:16 AM Reply   
That is a good lightning show.

This was a first. Two couples launch their waverunners on a single lane ramp, hope on take off leaving their truck and trailer right there blocking the only lane. Dude left his keys in the truck so after awhile I "kindly" moved it for him.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-08-2013, 7:58 AM Reply   
Saw a larger 30+ foot silverton attempt to tie up to the line of other big boats at texoma and massively fail.
He didn't release his anchor before backing and left the drives in reverse, then left the helm to grab a rope or something else as he was even with the line of boats. .
He bounced off the other big boat then hit a smaller boat in the line behind the large boats and proceeded to take out 3 or 4 anchor lines before hitting ground.
Thankfully there were about 5 boats between his and mine.
I was told by others that the same group of meat heas had done things like that a few times this summer.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       07-08-2013, 8:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Pretty much my weekend:

Put 0.0 hours on the boat. In fact, the only time I spent on it was bailing out the water from the cover.
Send some of that to Austin! Our lakes need it badly. There is a 30% chance today meaning we won't see a drop as usual...
Old     (machloosy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-08-2013, 9:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
This Weekend Was Cray Cray!

Umm... Story??
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-08-2013, 9:34 AM Reply   
What boggled my mind is the amount of people in 100k boats who have no clue what the f' they are doing. As well as the amount of wakeboats with not a board in the rack and 4 tubes attached to the tower.

I watched a brand new x45 spank the dock on 3 different occasions, not have any fenders , and littered with trash all while the owners could have cared less. Saw a newer Star in the same condition just slamming into a dock at the marina getting spanked with no bumpers. My boat turned 14 yrs old this season and has 1100hrs and looks ten times better than these boats. Why people spend 100k on a tube machine is just crazy. I guess there is a bit of jealousy in there, but still annoys the crap out of me. Seems more an more people with $$ these days but wakeboats cuz they are the "cool" thing to have rather than using them for wakeboarding.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-08-2013, 9:36 AM Reply   
^^^this
Old     (BradM07SS)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-08-2013, 10:35 AM Reply   
I don't wakeboard and never really care to, but I'm probably going to sell my I/B boat in the next couple years and pick up a nice used wakeboard boat. Couple reasons storage sucks on my open bow rider compared to wakeboard boat. I have 2 little ones now and have had more than a couple people cut there leg on my prop while beached. I could care less about going 55+ on the water so why wouldn't i get a wakeboard boat??
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-08-2013, 10:43 AM Reply   
What's an I/B boat?
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-08-2013, 10:46 AM Reply   
Every wake boat but one old MC was tubing yesterday, and the other wakeboarders on the lake were behind I/O's!! I saw Centurions, Master Crafts, Supras, a brand new G23, etc, etc,etc,....alll pulling tubes!!! We had like 4mph winds and all white water chop from all the tubers!!! Totally destroyed the entire lake!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-08-2013, 10:50 AM Reply   
My crew traveled down to Texas for the 4th and hit Lake Lewisville and then Lavon. My buddy was a few beers in but not anything close to wasted and he went to step across one of our boats to the other. Miss stepped and broke his fall with his face. Knocked his ass out cold! I thought he was just joking at first when I saw him laying there but quickly realized he was knocked the F out. We got him up and taken care of and he was okay minus his pride. Here is a picture of his face.

Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-08-2013, 11:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
What boggled my mind is the amount of people in 100k boats who have no clue what the f' they are doing. As well as the amount of wakeboats with not a board in the rack and 4 tubes attached to the tower.

I watched a brand new x45 spank the dock on 3 different occasions, not have any fenders , and littered with trash all while the owners could have cared less. Saw a newer Star in the same condition just slamming into a dock at the marina getting spanked with no bumpers. My boat turned 14 yrs old this season and has 1100hrs and looks ten times better than these boats. Why people spend 100k on a tube machine is just crazy. I guess there is a bit of jealousy in there, but still annoys the crap out of me. Seems more an more people with $$ these days but wakeboats cuz they are the "cool" thing to have rather than using them for wakeboarding.
Well said.
Old     (zimme)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-08-2013, 11:27 AM Reply   
I had 2 solid days of surfing and boarding. Put 13 hours of engine running time... it was a good weekend. I was on a smaller lake in Minnesota and had glass all day, both days. There was only 1 other inboard out there, an older BU, and lots and lots of fishing boats.
Old     (MrPeepers)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-08-2013, 11:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimme View Post
I had 2 solid days of surfing and boarding. Put 13 hours of engine running time... it was a good weekend. I was on a smaller lake in Minnesota and had glass all day, both days. There was only 1 other inboard out there, an older BU, and lots and lots of fishing boats.
Screw you. I have had 5 consecutive days of rain.
Old     (yjwrangler95)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-08-2013, 12:51 PM Reply   
I was out Saturday most of the day. It has rained for 7 days but we had a break Saturday. It seemed like everone was tubing, not riding, a G23 was pulling tubbers as well. The rain must bring the idiots out, there were peolpe out there that had no business pulling folks. I can't stand when a boat ride right behind me when we are towing kids on boards.
Old     (gpd005)      Join Date: May 2013       07-08-2013, 1:44 PM Reply   
We had a houseboat on Dale Hollow Lake on the KY/TN boarder and it rained, rained some more, and then when it quit raining for good measure it rained a little bit more to be sure we were totally soaked. So in the mean time we built a custom bare foot boom (total fail by the way) and built this sweet little gem. And yes we did ski in it!!!! We were able to get right at 20 hours on the boat this week. Not near what we were hoping for but it was still fun.
Attached Images

Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-08-2013, 3:31 PM Reply   
Great trip to Bass Lake, CA. Here's group pic. The raft capacity says 6 people. Pretty sure we are slightly overloaded.
Attached Images

Old     (Fx4210)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-08-2013, 4:03 PM Reply   

@clibka on ig
Old     (holmes)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-10-2013, 10:08 AM Reply   
Not so much shenanigans, just plan fun! We had a blast....
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-10-2013, 10:41 AM Reply   
Lot of dudes with shaved armpits in that raft photo. Not a lot of that around here.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-10-2013, 11:41 AM Reply   
^haha. It makes them more aerodynamic when they fight. They can handle danger.
Attached Images

Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-10-2013, 1:14 PM Reply   
Riding til 9 pm. Only in merica!!
Attached Images

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2013, 1:27 PM Reply   
Whats up with the shaved arm pits anyway?? I have not shaved mine my entire life? who does this? besides women???
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-10-2013, 1:47 PM Reply   
It looks like chit when you have a full grown mulberry tree stuffed out front between your arm and chest. I don't shave mine, but I certainly clean them up.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-10-2013, 1:52 PM Reply   
I spent 5 days on Lake Sakawea in N.D. with glass conditions in the coves everyday, no other boats for miles around. It was nice being on a big lake, I forgot how awesome it is. On the water everyday by 7-8am off at 11am to do family stuff, back on by 5pm till dark. Water always glass except one storm came up as we were getting off, cleared out & it was fireworks time.

Had my ego through the roof with how many people complimented my boat, chased me down to gawk & most were in awe of how loud my tower was. I had no idea how loud it was till I had to run to our cabin & told my driver to keep the tunes pumping after they dropped me at the dock so I could hear how loud it was. It is obnoxious, I am going to be more considerate of it in the future. Maybe. Had a young Ricky Bobby at the marina compliment my boat then ask how fast does she go, the look on his face when I said "30mph" was classic. He seemed very confused.

Put 12 hours run time on the boat, learned to surf ropeless, had a great time drinking with total strangers & friends from way back & had one of the best vacations in years. We blasted Con te partiṛ ("Time to say goodbye", song on Step Brothers at the end at the mixer) on our way off the lake & camp grounds, had lots of laughs & cheers as we left. Very memorable weekend for my family.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-10-2013, 2:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveflat View Post
It looks like chit when you have a full grown mulberry tree stuffed out front between your arm and chest. I don't shave mine, but I certainly clean them up.
haha this is funny. While hanging at a pool this week, for the first time ever in my life, this girl suggested that I trim my under arm hair. That's a new one for me. I just think that men should look like men I guess.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-10-2013, 3:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
haha this is funny. While hanging at a pool this week, for the first time ever in my life, this girl suggested that I trim my under arm hair. That's a new one for me. I just think that men should look like men I guess.
The only reason I thin it out is because my italian ass gets clumps of deoderant stuck in my pit hair haha... and I sweat like a .... I figure it helps the anti-perspirant contact the skin... definitely don't shave though. yikes

This thread took an interesting turn... and I am adding to it... even scarier
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-10-2013, 3:17 PM Reply   
awkward..
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-10-2013, 3:38 PM Reply   
Tell me more about your various grooming methods please! Pubes?