Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-05-2009, 2:37 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV0C6qunqrk

I feel like I am looking over my shoulder instead of tucking, but it still looks a little Mexican IMO, what do you guys think ?
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-05-2009, 2:48 PM Reply   
Ordelay holmes! You can definitely see that board flex when you landed on top of the wake.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-05-2009, 2:51 PM Reply   
You let way off your edge and its pretty Mexi. Hold your edge through the top of the wake and try and pin the bottom of your chin to the top of your shoulder as the board drifts up and slightly behind.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-05-2009, 2:53 PM Reply   
You are not using a true progressive edge and it is forcing you to Mexican Roll. Notice how you flatten off at the 3 second mark? Ride all the way up the wake and it will send you into a traditional Roll.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-05-2009, 2:53 PM Reply   
Nice, thanks for the tip!
Old     (eyedvride)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-05-2009, 2:53 PM Reply   
mexicanoish. just keep shoulders back, hip up and stand tall and it will be more progressive. Nothing wrong with yours though, you can take it to blind easier mexican.
Old     (idrumyay)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-06-2009, 10:21 PM Reply   
agreed...you let off your edge. For a backroll, you shouldn't let off your edge AT ALL. Think progressive edge, the line should be tightest right as you're popping off the top of the wake.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-09-2009, 2:24 AM Reply   
i don't mean to harp but yeah, mexican. follow heavy's advice re: holding your edge.

wow, that landing looks really painful. look how your legs/knees are shot up on impact.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-09-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
Yea, I cased it pretty bad but it wasn't painful at all surprisingly.

Thank you for all the advice though guys.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-09-2009, 3:19 PM Reply   
Nice one sticking that landing!

The only thing i can add is to hold on with both hands. it should add to the other helps for getting a "traditional" backroll down (i'm pretty sure how i do mine is "traditional")

Also it looks like your head changes position from the moment you hit the top of the wake. instead of looking over your lead shoulder it looks like your head starts to look more forward, chin over your chest. maintaining your head position will be important too,

Excuse the quick paste job of the photos...(bellow)
picture 4 5 and 6 your head is not looking over your lead shoulder, but as you cut in it is fine as is when you spot your landing

Upload
Upload

here is one of myself to compare

Upload

----
----
----
----

Upload

That is some GNARLY flex footage right there!!

I bet that's what my slingshot board looked like (but potentially even more bent... maybe a reversal in rocker maybe) when i cased a double up wake. Definately felt like the flex saved me. felt like my bones were vibrating, but yet, nothing that didn't keep me from riding another hour or so longer that day.

(Message edited by wakerider111 on August 09, 2009)

(Message edited by wakerider111 on August 09, 2009)
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-09-2009, 3:26 PM Reply   
somehow the upload did not work, here it is again for myself

Upload
Old     (gsulawwake)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-09-2009, 4:24 PM Reply   
Not really interested in the backroll, but love that Lake Powell footage.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-09-2009, 8:40 PM Reply   
Yea Jeremy I know exactly what you mean. I sorta cased the back half of my board on a huge double up and my how leg just felt weird for like 5 minutes but no damage down.

And yea, I have gotten out a few times since that footage and finally got down holding on with two hands because that had been a huge problem.