Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-15-2011, 12:23 PM Reply   
So I've gotten my g/f hooked on wakesurfing and now she wants one of her own! She's been riding my shredstix hazen model and loves it but now she wants one of her own possibly a little smaller? She is 5'3" and 120#'s and wants to get a custom surf style board with custom art what do y'all recommend? She is curious about soulcrafts, the walker project, shreddstixx, and any other custom board maker. We look forward to your advice!
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-15-2011, 1:32 PM Reply   
The Walker Project samples
Attached Images

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-15-2011, 1:57 PM Reply   
How can you forget Bre's star board? This is a JWSM that was lent to us by Bre Horton. I have to include it, since Dennis post reminded me of when RJ was messing around to send pictures of it back to Bre. Girls board, and a teen model. LOL.

image by wake9, on Flickr

Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-15-2011, 4:15 PM Reply   
Ragboy what other female boards have your riders used? Does soulcraft make any female specific boards?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-15-2011, 4:28 PM Reply   
I love riding my Shredstixx elevation, It rides great and its a blast. but the thing is just way to sensitive to the heat. I live in AZ and it is impossible to keep it from being exposed to the heat/sunlight and the thing is getting spider cracks all over. Ive had it for one season.
Old     (vman)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-15-2011, 4:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22vdrive View Post
Ragboy what other female boards have your riders used? Does soulcraft make any female specific boards?
Not female specific, but Angie enjoys her Soulcraft board.
Attached Images

Old     (vman)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-15-2011, 4:37 PM Reply   
Ragboy. Those Pictures are priceless. If the rocket science gig doesn't pan out, he will have something to fall back on.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-15-2011, 4:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22vdrive View Post
Boards are made for rider style preference, height, weight, and skill level. A girl board is usually just a board that is made to look more girly. I have 4 daughters from 20 to 6 yrs old. 2 have now moved out and loved the TWP WSM like the star one pictured above. The older ones rode a 4.5, and Maddie (13) rides a 4.0. Any custom board, like Soulcraft can be made to look however you want.

I can post some pics later.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-15-2011, 6:20 PM Reply   
Joey I haven't had any delamination problems with my Shred Stixx but mine usually stays under in the storage compartment in the shade. We get pretty hot here in Houston but I imagine not as hot as AZ
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-15-2011, 6:49 PM Reply   
Jeff at soulcraft will personally work with you and build a board specific to your needs and wants.As for art if you think it up you can get it.I am finishing the process of having a custom board made and the whole process has been a blast.Jeff is great about taking pics of the different steps and is always available by phone or E mail.I don't know much about shredstixx but can say that I bought a shredstixx Rebeca Ort for my wife for Christmas and the board was made in china but it is well made and the wife loves it.Jeff's prices are great for a custom board and I love the way they ride.If you would like his phone number so you can give him a call and talk with him just send me a PM
Attached Images

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-16-2011, 12:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by vman View Post
Ragboy. Those Pictures are priceless. If the rocket science gig doesn't pan out, he will have something to fall back on.
Yeah, those are pretty funny.

You know, I remembered in the past that shredstixx had a production model board designed for girls, and I also remembered phase 5 having one. I KNOW inland had one, but as I went to all of their sites, they don't anymore. At the same time, they were just the same models with pretty graphics.

So get out there and find a board you like and then order it custom to your graphical amusement!
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-16-2011, 5:56 PM Reply   
Spider webbing is caused by polyester finish coat to make it shine. Some folks say this is a big no no when applied over epoxy. This method works cause its a easy top coat but still cracks like peanut brittle. . You will know its a poly finish if you sand a little and it smells like Bondo filler.

Last edited by brewkettle; 08-16-2011 at 5:59 PM.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-17-2011, 10:17 AM Reply   
It depends on if she likes to ride surf or skim. I love skim boards but surf style is not my thing. I had the honor of being the first to ride a new shape of skim that Jeff Wahlers from Soulcraft made. I fell in love with it on my first ride. At the time I rode it he didn't have a name for it, so we called it the Soul Skimmer. It Is an awesome board .It is light as a feather, fast and very responsive. It spins so easy. I got to ride it several times this summer, since Jeff is one of my riding buddies. I plan to order one this winter since my season is over due to shoulder surgery. If she likes skim I would definitely give the Soul Skimmer and his other skim board the Nugget, a try they are both awesome boards.

Mike, I love the pic of Angie and her yellow SoulCraft. You guys have to ride twice as hard for me now that I am out until April. I did get a really nice wakesufing vacation in before surgery though.
Can't wait to try out the new titanium shoulder next season.
Old     (vman)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-17-2011, 1:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu View Post
Mike, I love the pic of Angie and her yellow SoulCraft. You guys have to ride twice as hard for me now that I am out until April. I did get a really nice wakesufing vacation in before surgery though.
Can't wait to try out the new titanium shoulder next season.
Speedy recovery Sue.