Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-27-2008, 9:03 AM Reply   
I've noticed some people riding in a red x-star in mosinee and was curious if you frequent the site.

I'm one of the guys from the blue malibu.
Old     (c_fizz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-27-2008, 3:21 PM Reply   
hey are u the blue malibu that is sometimes on trout lake?
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-28-2008, 1:57 AM Reply   
I don't think so. I am not the owner of the boat so I can't say for sure.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-28-2008, 10:33 AM Reply   
That is probably me. Check my profile pic and see if you recognize my boat. Spend most time on the river using the landing at Beans Eddy. Love the butter that can usually be found there. Were you out in the blue Malibu this past Tuesday? I had a boat full that night. It was "family" night.. my mother, mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother-in-law, neice, wife, and my 2 kids and me! I think you guys were out Sunday night too? Just leaving as we were getting there maybe?
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-28-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
Yeah that's you, very nice boat btw. Yep that was us tuesday, pretty sure we are the only blue malibu that rides that part of the river. I'm from Stevens Point but the other two guys, the owners, are from the wausau area.

Really thought it would be a longshot finding someone that rode that section of the river on here, haha.

Will you guys be attending the party this weekend?
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-28-2008, 12:24 PM Reply   
What Party this weekend?

Yeah, kind of funny meeting another wakeworlder in the small town of Mosinee!

I live on the North side of Mosinee. Grew up in Mosinee too. Great stretch of river to ride. Pretty much empty during the week. I went to school in Point and ended up living there for a few years too.
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-28-2008, 12:39 PM Reply   
There is a party every year at one of the sand bars on the south end of the river, not sure which day it is though. If I had to guess it would be saturday and it's supposed to be pretty big.

We found out about it from the riders who have the pink malibu.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-28-2008, 1:34 PM Reply   
We were out last year when they had that party, but didn't stop by. It's pretty big. I didn't realize it was an annual event. Lots of boats out there on Labor day. We usually try to go early or late to get the good water.
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-28-2008, 2:07 PM Reply   
Yeah if we go it'll be early, get a set in and then go to the party for the remainder. I just wish there were more riders in the area.
Old     (hyperwig)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-28-2008, 3:13 PM Reply   
What up TowTruck!?? Hey X-Star'ers..nice ride. Gotta give you mad props for the excellent attitude you guys have out on the river. We love it when you guys are out there when we are.

I'm still up in the air if we're heading up north or if we'll get the boat out on Saturday. Just so much to try to fit in.
Old    thebiggmann            08-28-2008, 7:31 PM Reply   
Another small world coincidence. My mom was born and raised in Mosinee and most of her family still lives there. I'm from Rhinelander .
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-29-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
Corey, I'm assuming you ride with Tyler in the Blue Malibu? Your profile pic background looks pretty familiar. We enjoy watching you guys out on the river. Fun to see the inverts and spins your crew can throw down! We are heading out tonight after work. My wife invited some of her teacher friends out in the boat so hopefully we got a boat full again, it's great for the wake! I'm sure we'll be out this weekend too. Stop and say hi if you see us.
Gus
Old     (hyperwig)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-29-2008, 2:31 PM Reply   
ya, that's our blue Bu. We really wanted to get out this weekend...but decided we had to go up north, do some family stuff. Looks like awesome weather..but probably too much boat traffic to have lots of fun. Gonna have to hit it up a lot the next week or two I guess. hope to see ya'll out. (And if you ever need to have less ballast...just pass some of your people over to our boat..we've been light on people).
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-29-2008, 6:56 PM Reply   
What a night. Kind of lonely out there. Surprising for a Friday night of Labor Day weekend! Not another boat the whole night. No one in the parking lot and no one on the water. Not even a bank fisherman! Bet it will be different this weekend though!
Upload
Upload
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2008, 11:22 AM Reply   
Awsome conditions. Do you weight your boat?
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-30-2008, 7:54 PM Reply   
I have a tank in each trunk, the center ski locker sac and this year I put a fly high bow sac in up under the front seats. Then as many people as possible. The ballast isn't always full though because the riders that skate like it empty so we can go a little slower and still have a clean wake. With the 10 of us in the boat the other night, once we filled the ballast, the wake was great!
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-31-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
Well hey if you are going to be out this weekend (sunday/monday) and are looking for a third or willing to just give a pull I'd be down for a set.
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-31-2008, 11:29 AM Reply   
Edit: I think we will be out sometime tomorrow on the bu, so if we see you we'll be sure to stop by and introduce ourselves.
Old     (hyperwig)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-01-2008, 12:42 PM Reply   
aww man..that sucks. I so wanted to go out friday and head up north saturday. Knew we should have stuck around. It's been awhile since that kinda butters shown it's face on the river. Our lake up north was pure glass all day saturday, but way too shallow to get our boat in it. Sorry Towtruck, about not making it back in time on monday. We'll be out a couple times this week probably, and I imagine this weekend..even though it'll be low 70's. Chaser, you know when you think you'll be out this week?
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-01-2008, 5:25 PM Reply   
Not sure when we'll get out. My guess would be Wed or Thurs, or maybe both. Can't on Friday. I have a friend in town this week for a wedding this coming weekend who wants to learn to wakeboard. We went out today on the River and it was a zoo, as expected. Lot was over full, parked all the way down the road. Crazy tubers all over. Was on Dubay Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was calm and boat traffic moderate. Sunday was blown out and twice the number of boats! Just hung out on the boat mostly.
Old     (hyperwig)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-09-2008, 3:13 PM Reply   
Hey Gus? Your group getting out at all anymore this season? Or ya'll hanging it up? We went out on Saturday and it was getting a bit chilly..but it was also cloudy and a little breezy. Plan on maybe trying to get out tomorrow..or Friday.
Old     (c_fizz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-09-2008, 4:18 PM Reply   
hey for you guys that live in this area, how long does your season usually last?
Old    thebiggmann            09-09-2008, 5:34 PM Reply   
Well, the water was 52 when I started trunkin' it and it'll be 52 when I get out!
Old     (hyperwig)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-09-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
um..c fizz...we went pretty late when i rode in college with dry suits..but the engine freezes up..so November at best i would think...now i go with out any dry suit or wet suit..and it's done by the end of Sept.